Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1
    lorddraks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    124
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    7

    500$-1200$ Gaming PC Build?

    Hello,

    I'm looking for a gaming pc build that would last me for the next few years, I'm looking to play some games that are going to be released, such as Watch Dogs and maybe GTA V (if they port it) and some current-gen games, such as Assassins Creeds series, BF series, Sleeping Dogs, Batman Arkham etc...
    I do not plan to play on Ultra graphic settings, Mid-High is fine for me, I can also consider Low as long as I can keep a decent FPS (45-60).

    I am not familiar with AMD at all, I have only used Intel/NVIDIA products. I might consider using AMD, if someone can propose a good build.
    My budget is around 500$-1200$.

    I have found an around 550$ AMD Build:

    Code:
    CPU:AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz 6-Core Processor 
    				
    Motherboard:Asus M5A97 LE R2.0 ATX AM3+ Motherboard 	
    		
    RAM:Crucial 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory 	
    	
    HDD:Sandisk 64GB 2.5" Solid State Disk 		
    Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive 		
    	
    GPU:Sapphire Radeon HD 7870 GHz Edition 2GB Video Card 
    			
    Fan: Corsair Air Series AF120 Quiet Edition 39.9 CFM 120mm Fan 	
    	
    Power Supply: EVGA 500W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply 
    			
    Optical Drive:Lite-On iHAS124-04 DVD/CD Writer 
    				
    Tower Case: CiT Dominator Gaming Black Midi Tower Case
    However I saw: Some AMD 970 chipset motherboards may need a BIOS update prior to using Vishera CPUs.

    Would this build be fine? Or would it have serious compatibility issues?

    Please propose some builds

    Thank you in advance ^_^.
    Last edited by lorddraks; 02-10-2014 at 07:47 AM.

  2. #2
    Jew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Gender
    male
    Location
    <dd style="overflow: hidden;">here</dd>
    Posts
    3,866
    Reputation
    289
    Thanks
    2,140
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Quote Originally Posted by lorddraks View Post
    Hello,

    I'm looking for a gaming pc build that would last me for the next few years, I'm looking to play some games that are going to be released, such as Watch Dogs and maybe GTA V (if they port it) and some current-gen games, such as Assassins Creeds series, BF series, Sleeping Dogs, Batman Arkham etc...
    I do not plan to play on Ultra graphic settings, Mid-High is fine for me, I can also consider Low as long as I can keep a decent FPS (45-60).

    I am not familiar with AMD at all, I have only used Intel/NVIDIA products. I might consider using AMD, if someone can propose a good build.
    My budget is around 500$-1200$.

    I have found an around 550$ AMD Build:

    Code:
    CPU:AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz 6-Core Processor 
    				
    Motherboard:Asus M5A97 LE R2.0 ATX AM3+ Motherboard 	
    		
    RAM:Crucial 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory 	
    	
    HDD:Sandisk 64GB 2.5" Solid State Disk 		
    Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive 		
    	
    GPU:Sapphire Radeon HD 7870 GHz Edition 2GB Video Card 
    			
    Fan: Corsair Air Series AF120 Quiet Edition 39.9 CFM 120mm Fan 	
    	
    Power Supply: EVGA 500W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply 
    			
    Optical Drive:Lite-On iHAS124-04 DVD/CD Writer 
    				
    Tower Case: CiT Dominator Gaming Black Midi Tower Case
    However I saw: Some AMD 970 chipset motherboards may need a BIOS update prior to using Vishera CPUs.

    Would this build be fine? Or would it have serious compatibility issues?

    Please propose some builds

    Thank you in advance ^_^.

    Cpu 4670k
    Cooler hyper212 evo
    Case 200r
    Mobo z87 g43
    Gpu 280x
    Ram 2x4 vengeance
    Psu cx600
    Ssd kingston ssdnow300 120gb
    Hdd 1tb WD caviar blue/black

    Should be around the 1000$ range,runs every game you want at ultra because who gives a fuck /bitchplease

  3. #3
    Express.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Gender
    male
    Location
    College.
    Posts
    2,715
    Reputation
    293
    Thanks
    332
    My Mood
    Lurking
    @Aborted is your guy.
    Member Since: 05-21-2013
    Donator Since: 03-13-2014
    (Credits to @Jov)
     
    Vouches.[36]

    [+3]NotaGMghost- He went first.
    [+2]paparas1398- He went first 2x!
    [+2]ahmedTC- He went first!
    [+3]Silke Vanden Abeele- She went half first.
    [+3]Poxer- I went first 3 times.
    [+1]raow25- I went first.
    [+1]Andyl- I went first. Very trusted!
    [+2]Devil™- I went first,legit!(Maxedout as OMM).
    [+1]Tonylx4- Used OMM.
    [+1]Maxedout- I went first.(Great deal and Great guy.)!
    [+1]Abber- He went first.
    [+2]himekami- Used Maxedout.
    [+1]Heat.- I went first w/o OMM.
    [+2]bannanaman- He went first.(Over 220$ deal)
    [+1]igocham- Used Maxedout.
    [+2]Jeremychubby-Used Busted!
    [+1]jaber006- Went first.
    [+1]silverarc- Went first with a steam key.
    [+1]hidudeshi - Bought a steam key.
    [+1]karlamwood- Refunded the payment 4 times and made a report no reason.
    [+1]Raple's Sheep- !Busted.
    [+1]lol1505- He went first.
    [+1]Flux*- He went first.
    [+1]RobyGenius- He went first.

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Express. For This Useful Post:

    Appraised (02-11-2014)

  5. #4
    Appraised's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    1,090
    Reputation
    133
    Thanks
    216
    My Mood
    In Love
    Quote Originally Posted by TapOut* View Post
    [SIZE="2" @Aborted is your guy.
    @ @Aborted .[/SIZE]

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to Appraised For This Useful Post:

    Express. (02-11-2014)

  7. #5
    Express.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Gender
    male
    Location
    College.
    Posts
    2,715
    Reputation
    293
    Thanks
    332
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Quote Originally Posted by Gult. View Post


    @ @Aborted .
    Thanks bro .
    Member Since: 05-21-2013
    Donator Since: 03-13-2014
    (Credits to @Jov)
     
    Vouches.[36]

    [+3]NotaGMghost- He went first.
    [+2]paparas1398- He went first 2x!
    [+2]ahmedTC- He went first!
    [+3]Silke Vanden Abeele- She went half first.
    [+3]Poxer- I went first 3 times.
    [+1]raow25- I went first.
    [+1]Andyl- I went first. Very trusted!
    [+2]Devil™- I went first,legit!(Maxedout as OMM).
    [+1]Tonylx4- Used OMM.
    [+1]Maxedout- I went first.(Great deal and Great guy.)!
    [+1]Abber- He went first.
    [+2]himekami- Used Maxedout.
    [+1]Heat.- I went first w/o OMM.
    [+2]bannanaman- He went first.(Over 220$ deal)
    [+1]igocham- Used Maxedout.
    [+2]Jeremychubby-Used Busted!
    [+1]jaber006- Went first.
    [+1]silverarc- Went first with a steam key.
    [+1]hidudeshi - Bought a steam key.
    [+1]karlamwood- Refunded the payment 4 times and made a report no reason.
    [+1]Raple's Sheep- !Busted.
    [+1]lol1505- He went first.
    [+1]Flux*- He went first.
    [+1]RobyGenius- He went first.

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to Express. For This Useful Post:

    Appraised (02-11-2014)

  9. #6
    Aborted's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Shitpost Defense
    Posts
    17,471
    Reputation
    3076
    Thanks
    6,394
    My Mood
    Twisted
    $550 to $1200 is a pretty big budget gap, exactly how much money will you have to drop?If it's closer to 1.2, I could throw together a build that could net you Ultra Settings on every game you throw at it.
    When the earth is changed into a humid dungeon,
    In which Hope like a bat
    Goes beating the walls with her timid wings
    And knocking her head against the rotten ceiling;
    When the rain stretching out its endless train
    Imitates the bars of a vast prison
    And a silent horde of loathsome spiders
    Comes to spin their webs in the depths of our brains,
    All at once the bells leap with rage
    And hurl a frightful roar at heaven,
    Even as wandering spirits with no country
    Burst into a stubborn, whimpering cry.
    — And without drums or music, long hearses
    Pass by slowly in my soul; Hope, vanquished,
    Weeps, and atrocious, despotic Anguish
    On my bowed skull plants her black flag.

  10. #7
    Grå's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    13,350
    Reputation
    2486
    Thanks
    9,504
    What I would recommend you to do is exchange that SSD to an HDD, get more space.
    The games wont get slower, only the loading times will, everything else is controlled in the RAM, and the ones you selected appear to be alright.

    Is this a complete package price or is it all custom picked parts?

  11. #8
    lorddraks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    124
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by Aborted View Post
    $550 to $1200 is a pretty big budget gap, exactly how much money will you have to drop?If it's closer to 1.2, I could throw together a build that could net you Ultra Settings on every game you throw at it.
    My budget would initially be around 1.2, but I'm willing to put more to get a stronger PC that will last longer

    Quote Originally Posted by Antipathy View Post
    What I would recommend you to do is exchange that SSD to an HDD, get more space.
    The games wont get slower, only the loading times will, everything else is controlled in the RAM, and the ones you selected appear to be alright.

    Is this a complete package price or is it all custom picked parts?
    For the AMD build, I found it as an example of a $500 PC Gaming build on another forum, pretty sure the parts were custom picked.



    I actually made a build based on @Ex0rPl4net 's suggestion

    CPU: Intel Core i5-4670 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor
    CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler
    Motherboard: MSI Z87-G45 Gaming ATX LGA1150 Motherboard
    Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
    Storage: Kingston SSDNow V300 Series 120GB 2.5" Solid State Disk
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
    Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 770 2GB Video Card
    Case: Corsair 200R ATX Mid Tower Case
    Power Supply: Corsair CX 600W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply
    Total: $1045.62

    These are all custom picked parts, would this be considered good?

  12. #9
    Grå's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    13,350
    Reputation
    2486
    Thanks
    9,504
    Yes, it would be. But it's all personal.
    It's alright and it will hold, but you could get better, maybe not at that price range though.

  13. #10
    Lovroman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    9,430
    Reputation
    611
    Thanks
    9,714
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    Quote Originally Posted by lorddraks View Post
    My budget would initially be around 1.2, but I'm willing to put more to get a stronger PC that will last longer



    For the AMD build, I found it as an example of a $500 PC Gaming build on another forum, pretty sure the parts were custom picked.



    I actually made a build based on @Ex0rPl4net 's suggestion

    CPU: Intel Core i5-4670 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor
    CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler
    Motherboard: MSI Z87-G45 Gaming ATX LGA1150 Motherboard
    Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
    Storage: Kingston SSDNow V300 Series 120GB 2.5" Solid State Disk
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
    Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 770 2GB Video Card
    Case: Corsair 200R ATX Mid Tower Case
    Power Supply: Corsair CX 600W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply
    Total: $1045.62

    These are all custom picked parts, would this be considered good?
    Z87 mobo + a locked CPU = naws
    Get a H87 mobo
    Quote Originally Posted by Aborted View Post
    $550 to $1200 is a pretty big budget gap, exactly how much money will you have to drop?If it's closer to 1.2, I could throw together a build that could net you Ultra Settings on every game you throw at it.

    http://i.imgur.com/ySeVM3A.png

    ~820 would be enough, nah?

  14. #11
    Express.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Gender
    male
    Location
    College.
    Posts
    2,715
    Reputation
    293
    Thanks
    332
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Quote Originally Posted by Antipathy View Post
    What I would recommend you to do is exchange that SSD to an HDD, get more space.
    The games wont get slower, only the loading times will, everything else is controlled in the RAM, and the ones you selected appear to be alright.

    Is this a complete package price or is it all custom picked parts?
    I think he should stay with the SSD, they are way more faster compared to the HDD.
    Member Since: 05-21-2013
    Donator Since: 03-13-2014
    (Credits to @Jov)
     
    Vouches.[36]

    [+3]NotaGMghost- He went first.
    [+2]paparas1398- He went first 2x!
    [+2]ahmedTC- He went first!
    [+3]Silke Vanden Abeele- She went half first.
    [+3]Poxer- I went first 3 times.
    [+1]raow25- I went first.
    [+1]Andyl- I went first. Very trusted!
    [+2]Devil™- I went first,legit!(Maxedout as OMM).
    [+1]Tonylx4- Used OMM.
    [+1]Maxedout- I went first.(Great deal and Great guy.)!
    [+1]Abber- He went first.
    [+2]himekami- Used Maxedout.
    [+1]Heat.- I went first w/o OMM.
    [+2]bannanaman- He went first.(Over 220$ deal)
    [+1]igocham- Used Maxedout.
    [+2]Jeremychubby-Used Busted!
    [+1]jaber006- Went first.
    [+1]silverarc- Went first with a steam key.
    [+1]hidudeshi - Bought a steam key.
    [+1]karlamwood- Refunded the payment 4 times and made a report no reason.
    [+1]Raple's Sheep- !Busted.
    [+1]lol1505- He went first.
    [+1]Flux*- He went first.
    [+1]RobyGenius- He went first.

  15. #12
    Grå's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    13,350
    Reputation
    2486
    Thanks
    9,504
    Quote Originally Posted by Express. View Post


    I think he should stay with the SSD, they are way more faster compared to the HDD.
    Also way more expensive.

Similar Threads

  1. 1100-1200$ gaming build is this good
    By The amazing in forum Computer Builds & Upgrades
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-29-2013, 12:00 AM
  2. [Discussion] Best Gaming Rig/Build for Battlefield 3
    By hiphippie in forum Battlefield 3 (BF3) Hacks & Cheats
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 08-31-2012, 06:04 PM
  3. Gaming Pc Build
    By Paradox in forum General
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 07-06-2012, 07:42 AM
  4. [Release] ***Chrome Playa's Ultimate Forge Patch*** (In-Game Bunker Building)
    By Chrome_Playa in forum Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 Server / GSC Modding
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 05-26-2011, 04:46 AM
  5. !!!!*NEED A GAMING PC BUILD*!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    By KilljoyJr in forum General
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 10-31-2010, 03:46 PM