Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    LegitxJoe Daddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    My house duh!
    Posts
    132
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    5
    My Mood
    Yeehaw

    Question 800$ to 900$ spending limit, need a good pc, HELP!!!

    I need a computer to run games like Nether, Arma, and various other demanding games on high settings with no lag. I dont have a very high budget and would like it to be around 850$ at the most but am willing to go up to 900$. I made one using what little knowledge I have over hardware and from some recommendations of close friends. I have a build setup on this site called ************ and I will post the link to the build for you guys to view and change how you see fit. PLEASE ONLY POST IF YOU ARE EXPERIENCED!

    http://************.com/p/3oOF0 <--- The link to my build (replace the * with [pc part picker] no spaces or brackets)

    Other things to keep in mind...
    - My room gets quite hot during the day
    - I know very little about hardware
    - It needs to last (I do take care of my machines)
    - Needs to be in the 850$-900$ or less if possible


    And if anyone can ballpark what an Alienware M14x R2 Generation 1 with a new 500GB Hard drive would be worth. Thanks guys.

  2. #2
    Lovroman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    9,430
    Reputation
    611
    Thanks
    9,720
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    CPU: AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core Processor ($169.99 @ Amazon)
    CPU Cooler: Cooler Master RR-T4-18PK-R1 70.0 CFM Rifle Bearing CPU Cooler ($19.99 @ Micro Center)
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3P ATX AM3+ Motherboard ($64.79 @ Newegg)
    Memory: Patriot Viper 3 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($54.99 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($54.98 @ OutletPC)
    Video Card: MSI Radeon R9 290 4GB Video Card ($433.98 @ Newegg)
    Case: NZXT Source 210 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case ($37.99 @ Micro Center)
    Power Supply: Corsair CX 600W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($44.99 @ Newegg)
    Total: $881.70
    With a bunch of MIRs, it comes down to 882$.

  3. #3
    LegitxJoe Daddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    My house duh!
    Posts
    132
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    5
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Quote Originally Posted by Lovroman View Post
    CPU: AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core Processor ($169.99 @ Amazon)
    CPU Cooler: Cooler Master RR-T4-18PK-R1 70.0 CFM Rifle Bearing CPU Cooler ($19.99 @ Micro Center)
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3P ATX AM3+ Motherboard ($64.79 @ Newegg)
    Memory: Patriot Viper 3 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($54.99 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($54.98 @ OutletPC)
    Video Card: MSI Radeon R9 290 4GB Video Card ($433.98 @ Newegg)
    Case: NZXT Source 210 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case ($37.99 @ Micro Center)
    Power Supply: Corsair CX 600W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($44.99 @ Newegg)
    Total: $881.70
    With a bunch of MIRs, it comes down to 882$.
    Will this run Nether on high? Im not sure if you know Nether or the requirements for it but its right around where ARMA would be I believe.

  4. #4
    uhZylon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    192.168.1.1
    Posts
    809
    Reputation
    39
    Thanks
    364
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by LegitxJoe Daddy View Post
    Will this run Nether on high? Im not sure if you know Nether or the requirements for it but its right around where ARMA would be I believe.
    It would have non problem with Nether. Or any other game for that matter to be honest.

  5. #5
    Lovroman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    9,430
    Reputation
    611
    Thanks
    9,720
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    Quote Originally Posted by LegitxJoe Daddy View Post
    Will this run Nether on high? Im not sure if you know Nether or the requirements for it but its right around where ARMA would be I believe.
    Yes, it will.

  6. #6
    LegitxJoe Daddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    My house duh!
    Posts
    132
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    5
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Awesome thanks guys I really appreciate it really needed this :S. And this is all I will need right? I plan on pirating a OS so I wont really need to pay for that but other than that all I have to do is order these parts build it and Im set correct? (Sorry very new at this and dont have this money to throw around)

  7. #7
    uhZylon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    192.168.1.1
    Posts
    809
    Reputation
    39
    Thanks
    364
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by LegitxJoe Daddy View Post
    Awesome thanks guys I really appreciate it really needed this :S. And this is all I will need right? I plan on pirating a OS so I wont really need to pay for that but other than that all I have to do is order these parts build it and Im set correct? (Sorry very new at this and dont have this money to throw around)
    Yes, however you will likely need a disc tray to install the OS unless you plan to go USB.

  8. #8
    LegitxJoe Daddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    My house duh!
    Posts
    132
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    5
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Quote Originally Posted by uhZylon View Post

    Yes, however you will likely need a disc tray to install the OS unless you plan to go USB.
    Is it simple doing it through USB or would you recommend doing it through disc tray?

  9. #9
    uhZylon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    192.168.1.1
    Posts
    809
    Reputation
    39
    Thanks
    364
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by LegitxJoe Daddy View Post
    Is it simple doing it through USB or would you recommend doing it through disc tray?
    Disc tray is always easier as you only need to burn to a disc and if you dont have a big enough USB just means playing for that.
    Only used USB for installing my Hackintosh which was a pain however doing it for windows wont be that bad.

    I would recommend Disc tho, gives you a disc you can then use again and again if need be

  10. #10
    LegitxJoe Daddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    My house duh!
    Posts
    132
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    5
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Quote Originally Posted by uhZylon View Post

    Disc tray is always easier as you only need to burn to a disc and if you dont have a big enough USB just means playing for that.
    Only used USB for installing my Hackintosh which was a pain however doing it for windows wont be that bad.

    I would recommend Disc tho, gives you a disc you can then use again and again if need be
    I mean I have a 32GB and a 64GB flash drives plus several 8GB. I am not sure how much space the OS takes up but if its possible I would rather do it through USB since I am already pushing my wallet with this purchase and it might sound like a 20$ Optical Drive may not make a difference but it really would in this case.

  11. #11
    uhZylon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    192.168.1.1
    Posts
    809
    Reputation
    39
    Thanks
    364
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by LegitxJoe Daddy View Post
    I mean I have a 32GB and a 64GB flash drives plus several 8GB. I am not sure how much space the OS takes up but if its possible I would rather do it through USB since I am already pushing my wallet with this purchase and it might sound like a 20$ Optical Drive may not make a difference but it really would in this case.
    An 8gb stick would be fine. You can just go with that option if you like.

Similar Threads

  1. Need a GOOD warrock acc.
    By ltkort213 in forum Trade Accounts/Keys/Items
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-27-2008, 01:16 PM
  2. Need a good UCE TUT
    By ilovepie21 in forum WarRock - International Hacks
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-25-2008, 11:56 PM
  3. Need a good download link for VB6
    By Shadow Eye in forum Visual Basic Programming
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-03-2008, 02:19 PM
  4. i need a good gunz account
    By xtrylanx in forum Gunz General
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-18-2007, 01:47 AM
  5. Need A Good Hacker!! Fun !!!!
    By condor01 in forum General Game Hacking
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 06-06-2007, 05:14 PM