Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 18
  1. #1
    Cryotechnic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    19
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    6
    My Mood
    Relaxed

    1.5k Gaming Build (No preferrals)

    For my first build on this site, I will be doing a $1500 gaming build. If any of you have any suggestions/questions please leave them in the comments! Prices are based on the lowest priced item at the time, therefor they can and will change.

    This build is for just the tower. The build does not include any preferals or monitors.

    For this build I am going to use Intel rather than AMD.

    For the CPU I chose an Intel Core i7-4790K because of it's great performance and ability to overclock.

    Links:
     
    Amazon ($339.99 base)

     
    Newegg ($339.99 base)

     
    TigerDirect ($399.99 base)


    For the RAM I decided on some Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2x4GB) because of their reliability and durability.

    Links:
     
    Amazon ($99.95 base)

     
    Newegg ($128.90 base)

     
    TigerDirect ($99.99 base)


    For an HDD I chose the Western Digital 1 TB SATA III, it isn't the best hard drive, but it gets the job done.

    Links:
     
    Amazon ($78.24 base)

     
    Newegg ($144.99 base)

     
    TigerDirect (Refurbished) ($76.96 base)


    For a GPU I chose the EVGA GeForce GTX 770 Superclocked because of its speeds and performance.

    Links:
     
    Amazon ($334.99 base)

     
    Newegg ($334.99 base)

     
    TigerDirect ($369.99 base)


    For the Motherboard I got the MSI Z97-G45 because the quality of it.

    Links:
     
    Amazon ($137.99 base)

     
    Newegg ($139.99 base)

     
    TigerDirect ($149.99 base)


    For a case I chose the NZXT Technologies H440 Mid Tower Chassis because of it's professional appearance and spaciousness.

    Links:
     
    Amazon($119.99 base)

     
    Newegg ($119.99 base)

     
    TigerDirect ($119.99 base)


    For a PSU I got a Corsair Corsair CX Series 600 Watt because of it's power.

    Links:
     
    Amazon ($65.89 base)

     
    Newegg ($69.99 base)

     
    TigerDirect ($74.99 base)



    For a cooler I used the Cooler Master V8 GTS because of it's speed and temperatures.

     
    Amazon ($99.99 base)

     
    Newegg ($99.99 base)

     
    Not available on TigerDirect, sorry.



    Addons that I would recommend:

    Fans:
     
    Amazon ($7.65 base)

     
    Newegg ($12.99 base)

     
    Not available on TigerDirect, sorry.


    SSD:
     
    Amazon ($61.74 base)

     
    Newegg ($64.99 base)

    Last edited by Cryotechnic; 09-07-2014 at 02:39 PM.

  2. #2
    alexreyes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Gender
    male
    Location
    At home
    Posts
    557
    Reputation
    22
    Thanks
    29
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    You should improve the gpu no? i think a gtx760 it isnt good for a 1.5k pc gaming
    Do you think is neccesary for a pc gaming this processor? I think if you want to save some money you can buy i7 4770k and perfect
    I love Nzxt case, good design and good cooling

    This is my honest opinion, idk if i make a mistake @Cryotechnic
    Last edited by alexreyes; 09-06-2014 at 04:07 PM.

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to alexreyes For This Useful Post:

    Cryotechnic (09-06-2014)

  4. #3
    Cryotechnic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    19
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    6
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Quote Originally Posted by alexreyes View Post
    You should improve the gpu no? i think a gtx760 it isnt good for a 1.5k pc gaming
    Do you think is neccesary for a pc gaming this processor? I think if you want to save some money you can buy i7 4770k and perfect
    I love Nzxt case, good design and good cooling

    This is my honest opinion, idk if i make a mistake @Cryotechnic
    I would and I have thought about doing this, however, if I changed the 4790k to an 4770k it is only a 20-40 price drop. This doesn't give you much more money for a GPU. The 760 is benchmarked in the top twenty GPU's for high end cards, if you didn't like it you could probably find a R9 290x for not much more money.

  5. #4
    alexreyes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Gender
    male
    Location
    At home
    Posts
    557
    Reputation
    22
    Thanks
    29
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Quote Originally Posted by Cryotechnic View Post
    I would and I have thought about doing this, however, if I changed the 4790k to an 4770k it is only a 20-40 price drop. This doesn't give you much more money for a GPU. The 760 is benchmarked in the top twenty GPU's for high end cards, if you didn't like it you could probably find a R9 290x for not much more money.
    Ok, you convice me
    But i think that for a pc gaming it`s sufficent with a i5 4670k because gaming dont use too much processor resources but if you render videos or graphic design (like AutoCad) is very good a i7 4770k or 4790k

  6. #5
    Cryotechnic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    19
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    6
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Quote Originally Posted by alexreyes View Post
    Ok, you convice me
    But i think that for a pc gaming it`s sufficent with a i5 4670k because gaming dont use too much processor resources but if you render videos or graphic design (like AutoCad) is very good a i7 4770k or 4790k
    I guess, but some games can require a lot of Processing power. Nothing that the 4770k cant handle however.
    Last edited by Cryotechnic; 09-06-2014 at 04:46 PM.

  7. #6
    alexreyes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Gender
    male
    Location
    At home
    Posts
    557
    Reputation
    22
    Thanks
    29
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Quote Originally Posted by Cryotechnic View Post
    I guess, but some games can require a lot of Processing power. Nothing that the 4770k cant handle however.
    I like your build, i will buy the same like you but with a gtx770 and i5 4670k

  8. #7
    Jew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Gender
    male
    Location
    <dd style="overflow: hidden;">here</dd>
    Posts
    3,864
    Reputation
    289
    Thanks
    2,160
    My Mood
    Amazed
    bro, gtx770 or a r9 290. drop the 16 gigs if you can and get another 8 later on if you really need it
    dont get the 1000watt PSU please,get a normal one. this system wont draw more than 500watt anyways. 700 will be fine and still overkill
    usually good air cooling is superiour and more silent than watercooling. pumps can easily fail but heatsinks cant.

    maybe get an nh-d14 or nh-u14s? awsome coolers

  9. #8
    Cryotechnic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    19
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    6
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Quote Originally Posted by Ex0rPl4net View Post
    bro, gtx770 or a r9 290. drop the 16 gigs if you can and get another 8 later on if you really need it
    dont get the 1000watt PSU please,get a normal one. this system wont draw more than 500watt anyways. 700 will be fine and still overkill
    usually good air cooling is superiour and more silent than watercooling. pumps can easily fail but heatsinks cant.

    maybe get an nh-d14 or nh-u14s? awsome coolers
    Thanks for the input, I will edit the build shortly.

  10. #9
    Thinking is the Enemy of Creativity. It's Self-Conscious, & Anything Self-Conscious is Lousy.
    Premium Member
    Elocrypt.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    College.
    Posts
    3,005
    Reputation
    273
    Thanks
    281
    My Mood
    Amused
    Looks like most people are building about the same kind computer these days, I was gonna make mine basically about the same here, haha. No water cooling though, heatsink and fan are better in my opinion just get a good case and a few fans and your good, will be pretty quiet too if you do it right.

    Btw, you should wait for the holidays when the good sales come in. You will get everything most likely for a much cheaper price.

  11. #10
    Jew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Gender
    male
    Location
    <dd style="overflow: hidden;">here</dd>
    Posts
    3,864
    Reputation
    289
    Thanks
    2,160
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Quote Originally Posted by Cryotechnic. View Post
    Thanks for the input, I will edit the build shortly.
    allready better but for god sake drop that overkill powersupply,its not worth it at all
    and get an SSD for gods sake the

    kingston SSDNOW 300v 120gig is a great option for a fast boot time and short loading screens
    Last edited by Jew; 09-07-2014 at 09:02 AM.

  12. #11
    Thinking is the Enemy of Creativity. It's Self-Conscious, & Anything Self-Conscious is Lousy.
    Premium Member
    Elocrypt.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    College.
    Posts
    3,005
    Reputation
    273
    Thanks
    281
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Ex0rPl4net View Post

    allready better but for god sake drop that overkill powersupply,its not worth it at all
    and get an SSD for gods sake the

    kingston SSDNOW 300v 120gig is a great option for a fast boot time and short loading screens
    lmao.... you quoted my name in someone elses post xD

  13. #12
    Jew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Gender
    male
    Location
    <dd style="overflow: hidden;">here</dd>
    Posts
    3,864
    Reputation
    289
    Thanks
    2,160
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Quote Originally Posted by Invis. View Post
    lmao.... you quoted my name in someone elses post xD
    wtf, ?! mpgh bug gg *facepalm*

  14. #13
    Thinking is the Enemy of Creativity. It's Self-Conscious, & Anything Self-Conscious is Lousy.
    Premium Member
    Elocrypt.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    College.
    Posts
    3,005
    Reputation
    273
    Thanks
    281
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Ex0rPl4net View Post

    wtf, ?! mpgh bug gg *facepalm*
    Fucking right? Like, wtf MPGH.

  15. #14
    Cryotechnic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    19
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    6
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    The build has been updated, sorry for the delay.

  16. #15
    alexreyes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Gender
    male
    Location
    At home
    Posts
    557
    Reputation
    22
    Thanks
    29
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Quote Originally Posted by Cryotechnic View Post
    The build has been updated, sorry for the delay.
    I can suggest you a cooler?
    Cooler master hyper 412s has a price so good (around 40$) and is the same than Cooler Master V8 GTS
    Think it!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Need Gaming Build
    By Terio in forum Computer Builds & Upgrades
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 01-29-2013, 03:15 AM
  2. Cheap gaming build for friend
    By Stevenom in forum Hardware & Software Support
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-21-2012, 06:30 PM
  3. Looking for team for my DX10 game build
    By viprk24 in forum General
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 08-18-2009, 04:49 AM
  4. Looking for team for my DX10 game build
    By viprk24 in forum Combat Arms Hacks & Cheats
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-18-2009, 01:08 AM
  5. Looking for team for my DX10 game build
    By viprk24 in forum General
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-18-2009, 12:56 AM