Here's what I'd choose. The cheapest I could find for all the parts is around £600 or $950 over here but it's probably gonna be cheaper in 'murica.
- Case: Corsair 230T Graphite Series Black Mid Tower Case
- PSU: Corsair CP-9020048-UK Builder Series CX 600W Power Supply
- HDD: Western Digital Caviar 1TB Green SATA III - 6Gb/s Hard Drive
- CPU: Intel CPU Haswell i5-4670K 3.4GHz Socket 1150 Quad Core
- CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO CPU Cooler
- RAM: Corsair Memory Vengeance Jet Black Low Profile 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3
- Graphics Card: MSI Radeon R9 280X Gaming 3G Twin Frozr IV OC PCI Express Graphics Card
Pretty much the same as mine and it plays games fine, records at a consistently decent framerate, keeps temperatures low, and I edit all of my videos with not much problem too.