Thread: Need New GPU

Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    VietTank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    In your Attic
    Posts
    480
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    286
    My Mood
    Amazed

    Need New GPU

    Current Specs:

    Case: Cooler Master HAF 922

    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-MA770T-UD3P
    http://www.gigabyte.com/products/pro...px?pid=3096#ov

    Processor: AMD Phenom II X6 1090T Thuban 3.2 GHz (In the process of OCing)
    http://products.amd.com/en-us/deskto...il.aspx?id=640

    Graphics Card: Nvidia GTX 650 Ti Boost
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814130910

    RAM: G.SKILL 4GB (4 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model F3-10666CL8D-4GBHK

    PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA NEX750B 80PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V/EPS12V 750W Power Supply 120-PB-0750-KR

    Don't worry about my hard drive - I have a 1TB HDD and 250GB Samsung 840 evo ssd


    I have a GTX 650 Ti Boost atm, was looking at the GTX 750 2GB Frozr:

    http://www.ebay.com/itm/380970895056...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

    or is the default GTX 750 2GB better?

    Would this be a good upgrade to my current build considering my that I have the best CPU for my MOBA, GPU is all I can upgrade.
    Last edited by VietTank; 12-13-2014 at 02:13 PM.

  2. #2
    Minnesota Dabs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Gender
    male
    Location
    VOTE TRUMP
    Posts
    4,209
    Reputation
    615
    Thanks
    1,069
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    The GPU you posted, is $100 on PCPP. You're going to get scammed by buying it on Ebay.

    Here is a 750 Ti, for the same price as the Ebay one.
    Successful Trades: 52

    Scammed Trades: 6

    Vouch Profile!



    Consider donating to my PayPal!

  3. #3
    VietTank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    In your Attic
    Posts
    480
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    286
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Müller View Post
    The GPU you posted, is $100 on PCPP. You're going to get scammed by buying it on Ebay.

    Here is a 750 Ti, for the same price as the Ebay one.
    Hmm I see, thanks for pointing that out. Which one is better though? The 750 Frozr or just the standard one?

  4. #4
    Minnesota Dabs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Gender
    male
    Location
    VOTE TRUMP
    Posts
    4,209
    Reputation
    615
    Thanks
    1,069
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Quote Originally Posted by VietTank View Post
    Hmm I see, thanks for pointing that out. Which one is better though? The 750 Frozr or just the standard one?
    The Frozr just runs a bit cooler, and has a higher clock speed, but it's not worth it for GPUs under $150.
    Successful Trades: 52

    Scammed Trades: 6

    Vouch Profile!



    Consider donating to my PayPal!

  5. #5
    Kongou.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    1,410
    Reputation
    85
    Thanks
    200
    My Mood
    Bored
    I'd follow with the the user above me said. If you really want to see a boost in graphical preformance I'd hold out for something like a mid-range gpu which would run you around $200~

    Because a GTX 750 from a GTX 650Ti is barely what I would consider an upgrade. If you're really cheap though I'd try hitting up craigslist and look for GPU's people are selling. You might find something to your liking.

  6. #6
    VietTank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    In your Attic
    Posts
    480
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    286
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Quote Originally Posted by deathaddict001 View Post
    I'd follow with the the user above me said. If you really want to see a boost in graphical preformance I'd hold out for something like a mid-range gpu which would run you around $200~

    Because a GTX 750 from a GTX 650Ti is barely what I would consider an upgrade. If you're really cheap though I'd try hitting up craigslist and look for GPU's people are selling. You might find something to your liking.
    Thanks for your suggestion. So something ~200 would be a worthy upgrade hmm...
    Something like this?:
    http://www.amazon.com/EVGA-SuperCloc...=1418679632126
    Last edited by VietTank; 12-15-2014 at 03:40 PM.

  7. #7
    Minnesota Dabs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Gender
    male
    Location
    VOTE TRUMP
    Posts
    4,209
    Reputation
    615
    Thanks
    1,069
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Quote Originally Posted by VietTank View Post
    Thanks for your suggestion. So something ~200 would be a worthy upgrade hmm...
    Something like this?:
    http://www.amazon.com/EVGA-SuperCloc...=1418679632126
    You can get a used R9 290X for that price, http://www.amazon.com/Asus-R9290X-DC...ywords=r9+290x

    You can get a new R9 290 for that price as well, http://www.ncixus.com/products/?usaf...e&promoid=1260
    Successful Trades: 52

    Scammed Trades: 6

    Vouch Profile!



    Consider donating to my PayPal!

  8. #8
    segerydrth's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,266
    Reputation
    13
    Thanks
    112
    My Mood
    In Love
    just get a 760, for 200$ its the best bang for buck

    Beware of imposters, only add me using this button.

  9. #9
    Minnesota Dabs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Gender
    male
    Location
    VOTE TRUMP
    Posts
    4,209
    Reputation
    615
    Thanks
    1,069
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Quote Originally Posted by segerydrth View Post
    just get a 760, for 200$ its the best bang for buck
    Not really, no.
    Successful Trades: 52

    Scammed Trades: 6

    Vouch Profile!



    Consider donating to my PayPal!

Similar Threads

  1. Need help on a new GPU
    By Jayongchy in forum General
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-19-2014, 06:46 PM
  2. Need some pointers on a new GPU
    By Cerruth in forum Computer Builds & Upgrades
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-05-2014, 10:03 AM
  3. Need new GPU
    By Moto in forum General
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 05-06-2011, 11:42 AM
  4. i need new hacks
    By Warrockfreak in forum WarRock - International Hacks
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-16-2007, 02:15 AM
  5. Need new Warrock Hack
    By Nathansap in forum WarRock - International Hacks
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-29-2007, 12:35 PM