Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity
    Premium Member
    Frought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    In the dark island
    Posts
    3,399
    Reputation
    156
    Thanks
    5,950
    My Mood
    Cool

    Best PSU for Intel Core I7-4790K Devil's Canyon Quad-Core 4.0GHz LGA 1150

    Hello guys, I'm gathering the build and I don't have any experience in making custom builds so what is the best PSU for Intel Core i7 ? I don't want it to be too expensive.. =)

    Also, what's the best case?
    If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts.
    Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.
    Try not to become a man of success, but rather try to become a man of value.
    You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else.

    -Albert Einstein



  2. #2
    orlyy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    1,081
    Reputation
    26
    Thanks
    82
    Quote Originally Posted by Frought View Post
    Hello guys, I'm gathering the build and I don't have any experience in making custom builds so what is the best PSU for Intel Core i7 ? I don't want it to be too expensive.. =)

    Also, what's the best case?
    Is this really a question? Like, is this serious? The CPU has a TDW of 88W. The best PSU for you has literally nothing to do with your CPU, nor case.You should probably give full specs in, or at the very least your GPU, mobo, and your plans of what you'll be using it for.
    Computer Specifications:
    Case: NZXT H440
    PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750W
    Mobo: ASUS Sabertooth Z87
    CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K
    CPU Cooling: Corsair H-100i
    RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB(8x2)1866Mhz
    GFX: MSI 1070 GamingX

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to orlyy For This Useful Post:

    [MPGH]Color (07-06-2015)

  4. #3
    Better MPGH Event Organizer Than Arun Since '12
    Former Staff
    Premium Member
    Color's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    California
    Posts
    19,638
    Reputation
    2154
    Thanks
    7,649
    Quote Originally Posted by orlyy View Post
    Is this really a question? Like, is this serious? The CPU has a TDW of 88W. The best PSU for you has literally nothing to do with your CPU, nor case.You should probably give full specs in, or at the very least your GPU, mobo, and your plans of what you'll be using it for.
    ^Get a off brand Chinese rip off that will crap on you within a month.

    Member Since 8/05/2012
    Editor 4/04/13 - 4/21/13
    Middleman 7/14/13 - 11/4/13

    Battlefield Minion 6/13/14-3/20/15
    Steam Minion 7/16/14-3/20/15

    Minion+ 10/1/14-3/20/15
    M.A.T. Minion 10/19/14-3/20/15
    ROTMG Minion 1/14/15-3/20/15

    Donator Since 2/26/15 (Thanks @Cursed!)
    Steam Minion 5/9/15 - 11/5/15
    OSFPS Minion 9/15/15 - 11/5/15


  5. #4
    Threadstarter
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity
    Premium Member
    Frought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    In the dark island
    Posts
    3,399
    Reputation
    156
    Thanks
    5,950
    My Mood
    Cool
    Quote Originally Posted by orlyy View Post
    Is this really a question? Like, is this serious? The CPU has a TDW of 88W. The best PSU for you has literally nothing to do with your CPU, nor case.You should probably give full specs in, or at the very least your GPU, mobo, and your plans of what you'll be using it for.
    That's my first custom build that's why I barely know anything.

    Here is my specs (Still has somethings not included yet):
    Intel Core I7-4790K Devil's Canyon Quad-Core 4.0GHz LGA 1150 Desktop Processor
    MSI Z97 GAMING 5 Socket 1150 Motherboard
    Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
    MSI GeForce GTX 750 Ti OC 2GB GDDR5 (N750TI-2GD5/OCV1)
    If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts.
    Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.
    Try not to become a man of success, but rather try to become a man of value.
    You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else.

    -Albert Einstein



  6. #5
    orlyy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    1,081
    Reputation
    26
    Thanks
    82
    Quote Originally Posted by Frought View Post
    That's my first custom build that's why I barely know anything.

    Here is my specs (Still has somethings not included yet):
    Intel Core I7-4790K Devil's Canyon Quad-Core 4.0GHz LGA 1150 Desktop Processor
    MSI Z97 GAMING 5 Socket 1150 Motherboard
    Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
    MSI GeForce GTX 750 Ti OC 2GB GDDR5 (N750TI-2GD5/OCV1)
    If you're going that high end, I'd suggest going for 16GB of ram(IF, AND ONLY IF you plan on doing mutitasking on a decently high level), and going for a higher end GPU, as that's not really a low teir CPU. What are you planning on doing with your PC, exactly?
    Computer Specifications:
    Case: NZXT H440
    PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750W
    Mobo: ASUS Sabertooth Z87
    CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K
    CPU Cooling: Corsair H-100i
    RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB(8x2)1866Mhz
    GFX: MSI 1070 GamingX

  7. #6
    Threadstarter
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity
    Premium Member
    Frought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    In the dark island
    Posts
    3,399
    Reputation
    156
    Thanks
    5,950
    My Mood
    Cool
    Quote Originally Posted by orlyy View Post
    If you're going that high end, I'd suggest going for 16GB of ram(IF, AND ONLY IF you plan on doing mutitasking on a decently high level), and going for a higher end GPU, as that's not really a low teir CPU. What are you planning on doing with your PC, exactly?
    Recording while playing games for the YouTube channel and might as well be gaming only. Is it alright if there is no upgrade? I mean I don't have any more money to upgrade for better GPU and 16 GB ram.

    By the way, how much did your PC cost? And how much FPS at Battlefield 4, COD and GTA 5?
    If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts.
    Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.
    Try not to become a man of success, but rather try to become a man of value.
    You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else.

    -Albert Einstein



  8. #7
    Fragments's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    12
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    1
    >750ti
    >PSU
    >mfw

    Get some 80+ Bronze or higher shit from a known brand, slap that shit on with at least 600W, and you should be fine.

  9. #8
    Threadstarter
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity
    Premium Member
    Frought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    In the dark island
    Posts
    3,399
    Reputation
    156
    Thanks
    5,950
    My Mood
    Cool
    Quote Originally Posted by Fragments View Post
    >750ti
    >PSU
    >mfw

    Get some 80+ Bronze or higher shit from a known brand, slap that shit on with at least 600W, and you should be fine.
    Names please, I don't know anything about PSUs.
    If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts.
    Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.
    Try not to become a man of success, but rather try to become a man of value.
    You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else.

    -Albert Einstein



  10. #9
    Fragments's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    12
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    1
    Good brands:
    Corsair
    Thermaltake
    EVGA
    CoolerMaster

  11. #10
    orlyy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    1,081
    Reputation
    26
    Thanks
    82
    Quote Originally Posted by Frought View Post
    Recording while playing games for the YouTube channel and might as well be gaming only. Is it alright if there is no upgrade? I mean I don't have any more money to upgrade for better GPU and 16 GB ram.

    By the way, how much did your PC cost? And how much FPS at Battlefield 4, COD and GTA 5?
    Um. It was around $1600 when I bought it a year ago. Then this new card(I had a 770) was $484.

    GTA At max settings@ 2560x1080 is above 60 at all times, sometimes it dips to 40's. But I am playing past 1080. BF4 at same res/max never dips below 80. COD? I don't really play COD anymore, so couldn't tell you lol

    Quote Originally Posted by Frought View Post
    Names please, I don't know anything about PSUs.
    I have a 750 from EVGA. The supernova specifically.

    If you get the first gen which is semi-modular is is only $90 on Amazon.
    Last edited by orlyy; 07-14-2015 at 01:14 PM.
    Computer Specifications:
    Case: NZXT H440
    PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750W
    Mobo: ASUS Sabertooth Z87
    CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K
    CPU Cooling: Corsair H-100i
    RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB(8x2)1866Mhz
    GFX: MSI 1070 GamingX

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to orlyy For This Useful Post:

    darkplay6xx (10-06-2015)

Similar Threads

  1. [WTB] Intel Core i7 4790K
    By Wyo in forum User Services
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-07-2015, 06:20 PM
  2. All the best hacks for gunz...
    By trip in forum Gunz Hacks
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 10-06-2009, 11:44 PM
  3. Best Mice For Computer?
    By Synns in forum Spammers Corner
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-03-2007, 08:09 PM
  4. Trading best trainer for bypass
    By llvengancell in forum Trade Accounts/Keys/Items
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-23-2007, 12:19 PM
  5. Trading best trainer for bypass
    By llvengancell in forum WarRock - International Hacks
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-22-2007, 06:31 PM