Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 76
  1. #46
    iverson954360's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    10,280
    Reputation
    940
    Thanks
    1,656
    My Mood
    Dead
    The way I see it, and this is true for any given religion, is that people choose to believe in a god because it closely follows the human instinctual need for a system of hierarchy. If God is at the top of any hierarchy in a divine aspect, then humans can justify a hierarchical system they live by because of the model exemplified through their religion. Someone always ends up being above one another may it be through a royal bloodline or slave v. master.

    Whoever is at the top of any of these sorts of systems justify their positions by saying they too have a higher power to answer to (God), this answer at the same time satisfies whoever is exploited by the system (proletariat class) who always work to achieve the unachievable (most clearly shown in the capitalist system of society). The proletariat people will always have someone in power who is on their side and will reward them (the proletariat) and punish whoever has done them wrong (the bourgeoisie; bosses, CEOs of insurance companies etc.) through their believe in the "Almighty God". Historically religion has been used as an excuse to gain power (the Catholic Church for example) and as a way to exploit the proletariat (Catholic church charging money for entrance to heaven... look up paying for indulgences)

    Once society becomes equal in class, I think most people will do away with religion because no longer will they a hierarchical societal system to live under which means they don't have to believe that all life must live under such a system (most religions).

    Don't bother with punctual and grammatical corrections, idgaf right now.

  2. #47
    Empire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    .Alwayz.
    Posts
    19,901
    Reputation
    659
    Thanks
    1,345
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by iverson954360 View Post
    The way I see it, and this is true for any given religion, is that people choose to believe in a god because it closely follows the human instinctual need for a system of hierarchy. If God is at the top of any hierarchy in a divine aspect, then humans can justify a hierarchical system they live by because of the model exemplified through their religion. Someone always ends up being above one another may it be through a royal bloodline or slave v. master.

    Whoever is at the top of any of these sorts of systems justify their positions by saying they too have a higher power to answer to (God), this answer at the same time satisfies whoever is exploited by the system (proletariat class) who always work to achieve the unachievable (most clearly shown in the capitalist system of society). The proletariat people will always have someone in power who is on their side and will reward them (the proletariat) and punish whoever has done them wrong (the bourgeoisie; bosses, CEOs of insurance companies etc.) through their believe in the "Almighty God". Historically religion has been used as an excuse to gain power (the Catholic Church for example) and as a way to exploit the proletariat (Catholic church charging money for entrance to heaven... look up paying for indulgences)

    Once society becomes equal in class, I think most people will do away with religion because no longer will they a hierarchical societal system to live under which means they don't have to believe that all life must live under such a system (most religions).

    Don't bother with punctual and grammatical corrections, idgaf right now.
    Not gonna be anytime soon. If ever.

    Religion will never fade.


  3. #48
    Doc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    female
    Location
    In your meatus
    Posts
    23,560
    Reputation
    2912
    Thanks
    5,336
    My Mood
    Twisted
    what you say is quite true, although I'd like to point out that, the system is mostly geared towards Catholics, extremists (of all religions), and Orthodox Christians and other religions. However some Christians, such as myself and the others at my church, believe in direct contact with God. This makes the system we are in slightly autocratic in the sense that he and only he has complete control over everything, although through the gift of free-will we still have control. Also there is little to no chain of command as there is no middle man as such, an obvious example would be the Pope for Catholics.

    Anyways theres my take on Christianity in business terms. I could go on for quite a while. If there is any question concerning religion or Christianity as a whole i'd be quite happy to try and answer.

  4. #49
    fcmclan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Gender
    male
    Location
    somewhere wit lotzo girlzz
    Posts
    1,361
    Reputation
    2
    Thanks
    41
    My Mood
    Breezy
    discuss bout religion / you'll never end.

    get an ipod and forget bout them
    after all they gonna go hell someday lol

    i am catholic btw
    Epic Quote:

    Sure there have been injuries and deaths in boxing - but none of them serious."
    - Alan Minter, Boxer

    I iz sexy!

    Asian girlz r the BEST!!! among all and dont dare to say they arent till u in bed with one





    JOIN!

    http://www.mpgh.net/forum/groups/we-hate-route66.html

  5. #50
    h4x0r3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    7
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    1
    "Religion is the opiate of the people" - Marx.

  6. #51
    Paroxysm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Lynnwood, WA
    Posts
    4,455
    Reputation
    170
    Thanks
    282
    My Mood
    Cheeky
    Quote Originally Posted by drsynyster View Post
    what you say is quite true, although I'd like to point out that, the system is mostly geared towards Catholics, extremists (of all religions), and Orthodox Christians and other religions. However some Christians, such as myself and the others at my church, believe in direct contact with God. This makes the system we are in slightly autocratic in the sense that he and only he has complete control over everything, although through the gift of free-will we still have control. Also there is little to no chain of command as there is no middle man as such, an obvious example would be the Pope for Catholics.

    Anyways theres my take on Christianity in business terms. I could go on for quite a while. If there is any question concerning religion or Christianity as a whole i'd be quite happy to try and answer.
    How do you reconcile biblical accounts with the our understanding of reality? (ie. Garden of Eden, Great Flood, 7 plagues of Egypt, 6,000-10,000 year old earth [Oh young-earth-creationists...])

    Quote Originally Posted by h4x0r3 View Post
    "Religion is the opiate of the people" - Marx.
    "People who join religious threads just to quote Karl Marx are douchebags that have nothing to offer to the conversation" ~ Paroxysm
    Last edited by Paroxysm; 02-09-2010 at 10:29 AM.
    "We swallow greedily any lie that flatters us, but we sip only little by little at a truth we find bitter." ~ Denis Diderot

  7. #52
    Bluthera's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Gender
    female
    Location
    Shibuya, Tokyo
    Posts
    2,375
    Reputation
    13
    Thanks
    370
    My Mood
    Tired
    Quote Originally Posted by drsynyster View Post
    About time you got to this thread Paroxy. So far you are the only "intelligent" atheist that has the knowledge to support the argument for Atheism. You prove that not all atheists are arrogant and ignorant, and as a Christian I am fine with accepting your point of view. It's when people like R3V and such try to support Atheism with little knowledge of the concept itself, that I become defensive and assertive.
    You forgot me

    And you can't say that; almost everyone on MPGH is arrogant and ignorant

  8. #53
    Attiusca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Gender
    female
    Location
    Are you coming over?
    Posts
    506
    Reputation
    388
    Thanks
    22
    My Mood
    Angelic
    i rate this thread 5 out of 5 crosses †††††



    O B E Y



  9. #54
    Remorse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Follow the yellow brick road
    Posts
    2,286
    Reputation
    33
    Thanks
    184
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    What the fuck is going on here? Apparently an intelligent thread about atheism vs. christianity? Isn't that oxymoronic?
    Time to start cycling through old sigs.
    __________________________________________________

    Well that is that and this is this,
    You tell me what you want and I'll tell you what you get,
    You get away from me.
    You get away from me
    .
    Modest Mouse
    Ocean Breathes Salty
    Float On
    __________________________________________________

  10. #55
    Paroxysm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Lynnwood, WA
    Posts
    4,455
    Reputation
    170
    Thanks
    282
    My Mood
    Cheeky
    Quote Originally Posted by Remorse View Post
    What the fuck is going on here? Apparently an intelligent thread about atheism vs. christianity? Isn't that oxymoronic?
    I think atheism vs. theism would be more appropriate. Although atheists often target Christianity, we're atheists, not achristianists.
    "We swallow greedily any lie that flatters us, but we sip only little by little at a truth we find bitter." ~ Denis Diderot

  11. #56
    bonsushi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    65
    Reputation
    11
    Thanks
    7
    ITT: Trolls trolling trolls trolling trolls.


    I used to be a Christian, just because my family was. Then I actually read the Bible, paid attention, etc. It's all bullshit and everyone believes it.

    tl;dr godhatesfags.com are the true Christians, they're actually doing exactly what the Bible says to do.

  12. #57
    powpowpow21's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    NO WHERE AND EVERYWHERE
    Posts
    408
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    21
    My Mood
    Cool
    If u guyz all u guyz truly believe in god and the bible then y would u guyz start a war against athiest and religious ppl isnt that a sin in the bible? nuff said

  13. #58
    Empire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    .Alwayz.
    Posts
    19,901
    Reputation
    659
    Thanks
    1,345
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by powpowpow21 View Post
    If u guyz all u guyz truly believe in god and the bible then y would u guyz start a war against athiest and religious ppl isnt that a sin in the bible? nuff said
    yeah......obviously you've no knowledge of the bible or this thread, or atheism for that matter.

    Stop bumping threads.


  14. #59
    litebrand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    12
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    0
    A thing called childhood indoctrination, religion simply wouldn't be viable without it.

  15. #60
    Empire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    .Alwayz.
    Posts
    19,901
    Reputation
    659
    Thanks
    1,345
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by litebrand View Post
    A thing called childhood indoctrination, religion simply wouldn't be viable without it.
    You shouldn't think so small.

    Only one thing causing another isn't how reality works.


Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Fucked Up My Computer....
    By Dave84311 in forum General
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-06-2010, 09:51 AM
  2. Its About Fucking Time
    By i eat trees in forum Spammers Corner
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 12-14-2006, 03:35 PM
  3. I can't fucking sleep!
    By SpiderByte in forum Spammers Corner
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-11-2006, 06:31 PM
  4. Fagz Is Fucked Over! >_<
    By aldregon in forum General
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 02-06-2006, 07:34 AM
  5. Fucking up newbie sites :)
    By Dave84311 in forum General
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 01-26-2006, 09:42 PM