Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheerful

English teacher pissing me off

My english teacher is a piece of shit... Shes what we call here the HOD (Head Of Department) which is essentially the 'boss' of the department you could say. All she does is sit on her ass at her computer all day when there is half the class struggling to write essays for end of year exams. I asked her to come check my work and she just asked stupid questions and doubted my work. We had parent teacher interviews the other week and the way my teacher talked, even mum could tell that she doesn't have any faith in me and some others. Mums annoyed at her as well. She expects us to know everything we're doing and just do our own work. We are also doing a standard we're we have to come up with two written texts (either an essay, creative writing etc.) Those all have to be done in class and can't be completed at home... All has to be under teacher supervision. She has been no help to me whatsoever that I've had to break the rules and take it home with me to complete because my mum is an english teacher herself... Just took a photo of the completed writing on my iPod and copied it in class without her knowing. Me, along with other students, don't work that way and usually need to 1 on 1 help or have things explained in a bit more detail to understand what we're doing... I'm so sick of english atm that I can't wait and HOPE I'm in another class next year. Btw I'm in my fourth year of high school... 1 more year to go

Needed to get that out there
    Last edited by Tall kiwi; 09-09-2012 at 11:50 PM.
    Oh hai der.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sad
    Quote Originally Posted by Tall kiwi View Post
    My english teacher is a piece of shit... Shes what we call here the HOD (Head Of Department) which is essentially the 'boss' of the department you could say. All she does is sit on her ass at her computer all day when there is half the class struggling to write essays for end of year exams. I asked her to come check my work and she just asked stupid questions and doubted my work. We had parent teacher interviews the other week and the way my teacher talked, even mum could tell that she doesn't have any faith in me and some others. Mums annoyed at her as well. She expects us to know everything we're doing and just do our own work. We are also doing a standard we're we have to come up with two written texts (either an essay, creative writing etc.) Those all have to be done in class and can't be completed at home... All has to be under teacher supervision. She has been no help to me whatsoever that I've had to break the rules and take it home with me to complete because my mum is an english teacher herself... Just took a photo of the completed writing on my iPod and copied it in class without her knowing. Me, along with other students, don't work that way and usually need to 1 on 1 help or have things explained in a bit more detail to understand what we're doing... I'm so sick of english atm that I can't wait and HOPE I'm in another class next year. Btw I'm in my fourth year of high school... 1 more year to go

Needed to get that out there
    There is nothing any teacher hates more than misusing "where" and "we're."

Anyway, yeah, teachers in HS can be pretty useless...

There are two types of tragedies in life. One is not getting what you want, the other is getting it.

If you wake up at a different time in a different place, could you wake up as a different person?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    The higher the power... The bigger the cunt.
    "Depending on the context, I may or may not enjoy getting stoned to death" - zιтнιυм

Ex WarRock Minion Force

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetamay View Post
    There is nothing any teacher hates more than misusing "where" and "we're."

Anyway, yeah, teachers in HS can be pretty useless...
    Ah, I was typing in a rush and cbf re-reading it
    Oh hai der.

Thanks
    Had the same problem in HS, so gor my formal paper I wrote a ten page paper explaining how to synthesize LSD in a story format. Teacher made me go to the counselor and shit and gave me an F, so I told the counselor to suck my dick, walke down to the superintendents room, walked right in and threatened to call my lawyer. The teacher was fired.

Luckily the head of the English department was pretty cool, he'd drink with you while he tutored you and acted like a kid.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    Quote Originally Posted by Lehsyrus View Post
    Had the same problem in HS, so gor my formal paper I wrote a ten page paper explaining how to synthesize LSD in a story format. Teacher made me go to the counselor and shit and gave me an F, so I told the counselor to suck my dick, walke down to the superintendents room, walked right in and threatened to call my lawyer. The teacher was fired.

Luckily the head of the English department was pretty cool, he'd drink with you while he tutored you and acted like a kid.
    Not sure if troll or serious I wouldn't go as far as saying a teacher to suck my dick because my dad is on the 'Board of Trustees which pretty much hire teachers, suspends students etc and has more power than the principal. That wouldn't look good
    Oh hai der.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tall kiwi View Post

Not sure if troll or serious I wouldn't go as far as saying a teacher to suck my dick because my dad is on the 'Board of Trustees which pretty much hire teachers, suspends students etc and has more power than the principal. That wouldn't look good
    I was serious I was a delinquent in highschool. I got good grades but I made my teachers miserable if they did the same to me.

Yeah my old HS got rid of our Board, but only because every member played favorites every time a new one was put on it.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    I know the feeling... My english teacher isn't helping AT ALL. Just sitting in front of the computer, and expecting us to do all the work ourselves, even if we don't understand some of the tasks.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Yea i think My teachers do that to Just sitting on her ass Giving orders Nuff said...

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    That's fucked. Good luck spending your year with her.

I haven't had a teacher like that except like 3 years ago where my science teacher would just flip out if one of us got a question wrong. She'd pile us up with a shit ton of homework, and assign projects that are due within like 3-4 days.

Hopefully I don't have any corrupt teachers in the future, assuming I am only in 9th.