Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 159
  1. #31
    Paroxysm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Lynnwood, WA
    Posts
    4,455
    Reputation
    170
    Thanks
    282
    My Mood
    Cheeky
    Quote Originally Posted by mikehunt View Post
    If we evolved from chimps and gorrillas, why haven't they evolved yet just like us?
    Your kidding right?
    "We swallow greedily any lie that flatters us, but we sip only little by little at a truth we find bitter." ~ Denis Diderot

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Paroxysm For This Useful Post:

    beteasta3 (08-07-2009)

  3. #32
    Ichig00's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    84
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    17
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Most religions started with someone descending from the sky, that cud be extraterrestrial o.o







    Dont forget to click thanks if i helpd ^^


  4. #33
    beteasta3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Have You Checked You'r Sister's Room?
    Posts
    472
    Reputation
    9
    Thanks
    86
    My Mood
    Devilish
    Quote Originally Posted by mikehunt View Post
    It may be a real religion, but in reality; what they believe in is nonsense. If we evolved from chimps and gorrillas, why haven't they evolved yet just like us?
    ure kidding righT? we didnt evolve from chimps and monkeys we all just had the same ancestor that is now currently extinct


    Press The Thanks Button..Can't Hurt!!

  5. #34
    blovtom1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Dave G-upta if that is your real name...we know who you are.
    Posts
    367
    Reputation
    9
    Thanks
    160
    Quote Originally Posted by imsohoooood View Post
    God real, fku.
    smartest person here
    God is watching

    http://www.mpgh.net/forum/89-religio...explained.html --answers some questions

    Quote Originally Posted by zhaoyun333 View Post
    WTF I COMPILE AND IT NO WORKS!!! DO I NEED PSEUDOCODE COMPILER?
    rofl!!!

  6. #35
    radnomguywfq3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Gender
    male
    Location
    J:\E\T\A\M\A\Y.exe
    Posts
    8,858
    Reputation
    381
    Thanks
    1,804
    My Mood
    Sad
    O HAI GUISE, HOW ABOUT, ON A HACKING FORUM WE TALK ABOUT RELIGION BECAUSE OTHER PEOPLE GIVE A SHIT.

    If you think god is real, and you truly are 'faithful' to it's beliefs, ask yourself this. Would you still be Christian if you had grown up in an atheist family? Fucking no, you probably don't thank god before you eat, or ever read the bible, go to chruch, you probably commit a couple billion sins(*cough* bullshit life controlling rules *cough) a day. The religion was created a long time ago, for people who were dumb enough to believe it. The only reason the religion exists is because you parents pass it down to you when you're a child who believes in Saint Nicolas. If you call yourself a christian, the term christian means 'Do whatever the fuck you want and believe you're going somewhere good.'
    Last edited by radnomguywfq3; 08-08-2009 at 01:04 AM.

  7. #36
    blovtom1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Dave G-upta if that is your real name...we know who you are.
    Posts
    367
    Reputation
    9
    Thanks
    160
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetamay View Post
    O HAI GUISE, HOW ABOUT, ON A HACKING FORUM WE TALK ABOUT RELIGION BECAUSE OTHER PEOPLE GIVE A SHIT.

    If you think god is real, and you truly are 'faithful' to it's beliefs, ask yourself this. Would you still be Christian if you had grown up in an atheist family? Fucking no, you probably don't thank god before you eat, or ever read the bible, go to chruch, you probably commit a couple billion sins(*cough* bullshit life controlling rules *cough) a day. The religion was created a long time ago, for people who were dumb enough to believe it. The only reason the religion exists is because you parents pass it down to you when you're a child who believes in Saint Nicolas. If you call yourself a christian, the term christian means 'Do whatever the fuck you want and believe you're going somewhere good.'
    so what u are saying is that christians are only christians b/c of their parents?
    or along those lines?
    have you not heard of people changing beliefs? like what was the whole point of the crusades?? and converting non believers...and yes all people commit sins every day but what is the point of living honestly if you have nothing to live for thats how i see it..i mean if there is just a 1% chance that God is real shouldnt you take it? i mean sure you might have to adjust your lifestyle a bit but would you rather leave that 1% chance of burning in hell foreva...? not tryna preach to anyone just calling it like it is..
    God is watching

    http://www.mpgh.net/forum/89-religio...explained.html --answers some questions

    Quote Originally Posted by zhaoyun333 View Post
    WTF I COMPILE AND IT NO WORKS!!! DO I NEED PSEUDOCODE COMPILER?
    rofl!!!

  8. #37
    deaded38's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    94
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    23
    My Mood
    Dead
    ok to all you people who said they asked, prayed or whatever for something to god do you know why he doesnt answer, no. Have you guys ever heard the song unanswered prayers. probobally not. this song basically tells the reason god does not answer our prayers. God beleives that we must pull through instead of asking him for what we want or even need. I think if god answered everyones prayers for good or for bad our race would be long gone. you see it would lead to people thinking they could pray to god to releive their sins. i think that if god refuses to answer our prayers we will not become greedy and beleive he will always answer them. in this world things have just got better becuase of what hes doing. its not just people who have changed our life its becuase of god as well for not answering our prayers. in this case i would be thankful for what hes doing... unless your atheist.

  9. #38
    mikehunt..'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    151
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    32
    Quote Originally Posted by deaded38 View Post
    ok to all you people who said they asked, prayed or whatever for something to god do you know why he doesnt answer, no. Have you guys ever heard the song unanswered prayers. probobally not. this song basically tells the reason god does not answer our prayers. God beleives that we must pull through instead of asking him for what we want or even need. I think if god answered everyones prayers for good or for bad our race would be long gone. you see it would lead to people thinking they could pray to god to releive their sins. i think that if god refuses to answer our prayers we will not become greedy and beleive he will always answer them. in this world things have just got better becuase of what hes doing. its not just people who have changed our life its becuase of god as well for not answering our prayers. in this case i would be thankful for what hes doing... unless your atheist.
    God is just a pure fragment of a man's imagination. Considering that humans only made him up so that we don't feel all lonely in this world. Also, praying is talking to yourself, basically. There is no solid proof that God is real. If he was real, he would have shown his presence to us already. Which he hasn't. That also brings up a further question. If your, "God" is almighty and powerful and has the omnipotence and ubiquitous that you claim he has, and is currently watching the world destroy itself, why hasn't he already flooded the Earth just like the story from the bible of Noah's Arc? As for sins, they are mearly called crimes which the human race finds negligence in law. It doesn't matter what you do, man-kind are the only people that can punish you. Sure, the bible has predicted many outcomes such as the debit machines used in local stores. How do we know that part of the bible was written by a psychic? Or maybe the bible was just written by many, brilliant people to change our future? As for revelations, that's all man-kind's doing. Satan is also a fictional character there to just scare you. To prevent humans to not do wrong, and change the future into wars.

    You see, we are all here to just survive. Carbon-based life forms living off what's on their planet. It's quite pitiful, actually. And blovtom1, if your God is real. I want solid proof right now. I doubt you have evidence of such a fictional character.
    Last edited by mikehunt..; 08-08-2009 at 02:26 AM.

  10. #39
    mikehunt..'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    151
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    32
    Quote Originally Posted by Paroxysm View Post
    Your kidding right?
    That's dead proof right there that we didn't evolve from such primitive mammals. Also, you spelled, "you're" wrong. Just as an observation.

  11. #40
    radnomguywfq3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Gender
    male
    Location
    J:\E\T\A\M\A\Y.exe
    Posts
    8,858
    Reputation
    381
    Thanks
    1,804
    My Mood
    Sad
    Quote Originally Posted by blovtom1 View Post
    so what u are saying is that christians are only christians b/c of their parents?
    or along those lines?
    have you not heard of people changing beliefs? like what was the whole point of the crusades?? and converting non believers...and yes all people commit sins every day but what is the point of living honestly if you have nothing to live for thats how i see it..i mean if there is just a 1% chance that God is real shouldnt you take it? i mean sure you might have to adjust your lifestyle a bit but would you rather leave that 1% chance of burning in hell foreva...? not tryna preach to anyone just calling it like it is..
    I'd rather spend that minute I do praying or going to Chruch doing something productive, interesting, or fun.

  12. #41
    Paroxysm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Lynnwood, WA
    Posts
    4,455
    Reputation
    170
    Thanks
    282
    My Mood
    Cheeky
    Quote Originally Posted by mikehunt View Post
    That's dead proof right there that we didn't evolve from such primitive mammals. Also, you spelled, "you're" wrong. Just as an observation.
    And YOU'RE just a pretentious cunt-wad who flaunts his inflated ego, using intellectual superiority as a guise. For someone who thinks so highly of Einstein you appear to know very little about science. I'm sorry that I'm not one to spend too much time looking for grammatical/spelling errors in a coherent statement. Your reduced font size to feign humility, and "Book Antiqua" as your font? Everything about you screams of self-absorption, devils in the details. I used to think you would be a good addition to MPGH, expect no support from me.

    Quote Originally Posted by blovtom1 View Post
    so what u are saying is that christians are only christians b/c of their parents?
    or along those lines?
    have you not heard of people changing beliefs? like what was the whole point of the crusades?? and converting non believers...and yes all people commit sins every day but what is the point of living honestly if you have nothing to live for thats how i see it..i mean if there is just a 1% chance that God is real shouldnt you take it? i mean sure you might have to adjust your lifestyle a bit but would you rather leave that 1% chance of burning in hell foreva...? not tryna preach to anyone just calling it like it is..
    I understand your reasoning, simple risk assessment would lead most into belief in a god, but there is a problem with your 1% chance. Which God? Let's play devil's advocate and assume there is a God, but which one (or multiple in polytheist faiths)? Zeus? Thor? Shiva? Vishnu? Yahweh? Krishna? That's just a small scratch on the list of Gods, you see even if you believe in a God to improve your chances of being right, the improvement is minute. Some of us just prefer not to play the game. You're using a version of Pascal's Wager, which is logical fallacy, it's a blatant False-Dichotomy.

    This is a paper about how risk-assessment may contribute to religious faith, you may find it interesting. Why do we believe in God? II | Psychology Today

    As a finally word, live your lives, and don't be douchebags.
    "We swallow greedily any lie that flatters us, but we sip only little by little at a truth we find bitter." ~ Denis Diderot

  13. #42
    beteasta3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Have You Checked You'r Sister's Room?
    Posts
    472
    Reputation
    9
    Thanks
    86
    My Mood
    Devilish
    guys god isn't real deal with it


    Press The Thanks Button..Can't Hurt!!

  14. #43
    Inna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    11,161
    Reputation
    61
    Thanks
    270
    My Mood
    Tired
    Quote Originally Posted by Paroxysm View Post
    And YOU'RE just a pretentious cunt-wad who flaunts his inflated ego, using intellectual superiority as a guise. For someone who thinks so highly of Einstein you appear to know very little about science. I'm sorry that I'm not one to spend too much time looking for grammatical/spelling errors in a coherent statement. Your reduced font size to feign humility, and "Book Antiqua" as your font? Everything about you screams of self-absorption, devils in the details. I used to think you would be a good addition to MPGH, expect no support from me.



    I understand your reasoning, simple risk assessment would lead most into belief in a god, but there is a problem with your 1% chance. Which God? Let's play devil's advocate and assume there is a God, but which one (or multiple in polytheist faiths)? Zeus? Thor? Shiva? Vishnu? Yahweh? Krishna? That's just a small scratch on the list of Gods, you see even if you believe in a God to improve your chances of being right, the improvement is minute. Some of us just prefer not to play the game. You're using a version of Pascal's Wager, which is logical fallacy, it's a blatant False-Dichotomy.

    This is a paper about how risk-assessment may contribute to religious faith, you may find it interesting. Why do we believe in God? II | Psychology Today

    As a finally word, live your lives, and don't be douchebags.
    WE HAS A WINNAR

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to Inna For This Useful Post:

    beteasta3 (08-12-2009)

  16. #44
    blovtom1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Dave G-upta if that is your real name...we know who you are.
    Posts
    367
    Reputation
    9
    Thanks
    160
    Quote Originally Posted by Paroxysm View Post
    And YOU'RE just a pretentious cunt-wad who flaunts his inflated ego, using intellectual superiority as a guise. For someone who thinks so highly of Einstein you appear to know very little about science. I'm sorry that I'm not one to spend too much time looking for grammatical/spelling errors in a coherent statement. Your reduced font size to feign humility, and "Book Antiqua" as your font? Everything about you screams of self-absorption, devils in the details. I used to think you would be a good addition to MPGH, expect no support from me.



    I understand your reasoning, simple risk assessment would lead most into belief in a god, but there is a problem with your 1% chance. Which God? Let's play devil's advocate and assume there is a God, but which one (or multiple in polytheist faiths)? Zeus? Thor? Shiva? Vishnu? Yahweh? Krishna? That's just a small scratch on the list of Gods, you see even if you believe in a God to improve your chances of being right, the improvement is minute. Some of us just prefer not to play the game. You're using a version of Pascal's Wager, which is logical fallacy, it's a blatant False-Dichotomy.

    This is a paper about how risk-assessment may contribute to religious faith, you may find it interesting. Why do we believe in God? II | Psychology Today

    As a finally word, live your lives, and don't be douchebags.
    yes im using a type of logic but thats only b/c im still struggling with my faith, deep down i know that there has to be a God or if im wrong my faith will actually help me lead a good life either way, i live life with a purpose but im no advocate for God just yet..i still struggle to believe when life's ugliness rears it face constantly...
    correct me if im wrong paroxysm but i believe you were brought up as a christian and if not still answer me this..is there any definitive proof that God does not exist..either side still has an argument..and as long as God's side still has an argument i will struggle to live life with a purpose b/c i have tried living life as an athiest and let me tell you it is a lonely life in a sense...

    think about it what was the last major crisis to my knowledge to hit america??
    september 11..so many "nonBelievers" were running back to church because they were scared and it is the case in many people's lives..
    when a big catastrophe devastates casual people in their daily lives they turn to something..usually it is religion but sometimes a regular leader rises up making things even worse ex..hitler

    I think there is a God b/c with all the science in the world which states that eventually the sun which is a star will blow up causing the earth to be destroyed also..so in the end what will all our existence have been for? what was the begining for...

    also you should know that even with all the technology that we have now we have not even used our earths resources to achieve the most advanced technology yet...even if you go back a 50 years when cassettes and old stuff was being used the people of their time thought there technology was the shiznit just like we think our stuff is the shiznit now...give earth a 100 more years maybe there will be technology that can decide whether or not God is real and if Jesus existed i dont know..but just know that you should not base your beliefs based on the "science" of today because it is only still developing and could go either way...
    wherein you could come to find that you are screwed for blaspheming God so badly or that you were right and lived life accordingly..

    you already know what i choose b/c i like my chances...anyways this really is for "paroxysm" since he can hold up a legilble conversation..and would probably read through all this before replying
    God is watching

    http://www.mpgh.net/forum/89-religio...explained.html --answers some questions

    Quote Originally Posted by zhaoyun333 View Post
    WTF I COMPILE AND IT NO WORKS!!! DO I NEED PSEUDOCODE COMPILER?
    rofl!!!

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to blovtom1 For This Useful Post:

    Jerk (08-09-2009)

  18. #45
    Inna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    11,161
    Reputation
    61
    Thanks
    270
    My Mood
    Tired
    1) Where is your proof on the whole nonbelievers going back to church; clearly they weren't very devoted to denying god. Sounds like you pulled it out your ass.

    2) The sun will not be out for a LONG, LONG, time. Humans will probably be gone by then.

    3) How the hell are you supposed to prove a belief...beliefs are not hypothesis either.

    4) The fact that you can even consider "making the right choice" to either be screwed or not be screwed after dieing just saddens me. Not because you say it, because I know a lot of others think the same way too. The majority of society, blah.

    And lastly just putting it out there, how trustworthy is religion when most people can just pick and choose what they want to hear and ignore other shit. It's not all good and everyone knows that.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. MPGH PM Chat Quote Thread
    By arunforce in forum Entertainment
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 05-12-2013, 09:24 PM
  2. MPGH AIM Chat Quote Thread
    By ace76543 in forum Entertainment
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 09-25-2011, 01:14 PM
  3. MPGH IRC Chat Quote Thread
    By i eat trees in forum Entertainment
    Replies: 746
    Last Post: 07-02-2011, 11:07 PM
  4. RE: Response to the "Atheist" topic.
    By hihiman1 in forum Flaming & Rage
    Replies: 107
    Last Post: 08-30-2009, 04:16 AM
  5. Favorite Quote
    By EleMentX in forum Spammers Corner
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 12-09-2006, 05:03 PM

Tags for this Thread