Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 159
  1. #46
    blovtom1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Dave G-upta if that is your real name...we know who you are.
    Posts
    367
    Reputation
    9
    Thanks
    160
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanna View Post
    1) Where is your proof on the whole nonbelievers going back to church; clearly they weren't very devoted to denying god. Sounds like you pulled it out your ass.

    2) The sun will not be out for a LONG, LONG, time. Humans will probably be gone by then.

    3) How the hell are you supposed to prove a belief...beliefs are not hypothesis either.

    4) The fact that you can even consider "making the right choice" to either be screwed or not be screwed after dieing just saddens me. Not because you say it, because I know a lot of others think the same way too. The majority of society, blah.

    And lastly just putting it out there, how trustworthy is religion when most people can just pick and choose what they want to hear and ignore other shit. It's not all good and everyone knows that.
    ummm was really not talking to you...i really dont feel like looking for sources to back up anything i said as i have picked it up on the news and such plus you already "know" you are correct in your line of thinking when you do not have some undisclosed evidence proving God not to be real
    God is watching

    http://www.mpgh.net/forum/89-religio...explained.html --answers some questions

    Quote Originally Posted by zhaoyun333 View Post
    WTF I COMPILE AND IT NO WORKS!!! DO I NEED PSEUDOCODE COMPILER?
    rofl!!!

  2. #47
    Paroxysm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Lynnwood, WA
    Posts
    4,455
    Reputation
    170
    Thanks
    282
    My Mood
    Cheeky
    Quote Originally Posted by blovtom1 View Post
    correct me if im wrong paroxysm but i believe you were brought up as a christian and if not still answer me this..is there any definitive proof that God does not exist..either side still has an argument..and as long as God's side still has an argument i will struggle to live life with a purpose b/c i have tried living life as an athiest and let me tell you it is a lonely life in a sense...
    You're right I was a Christian, I was told all my life that the earth is 6000 years old, that fossils are the devils tricks, and that evolution is silly nonsense. There is not definite proof that God doesn't exist, you're asking us to prove a negative which is completely silly. Those that put forward a claim "X is real", carry the burden of proof to justify their statement, I haven't heard a single reasonable argument for the existence of a god. Things that can be accepted without evidence can be denied without evidence. No one can "prove" a god exists because god by definition, is a SUPERNATURAL entity, thus beyond the natural world and beyond the reach of science. Every single argument I've ever heard for the existence of god, has dozens of rebuttals that prove it wrong, and the argument ends there, Xians just say "Well it's my belief". How does being an atheist cause you to have a lonely life? There isn't a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow, but that doesn't make the rainbow any less beautiful. When it comes to disproving god, all we can do is disprove the claims people make about god, we can't actually disprove god. For example, if you wanted to convince someone that Socrates never existed, you can't actually PROVE he never existed, all you can do is disprove the claims to his existence, and when you do this you're casting doubt onto his existence.

    Quote Originally Posted by blovtom1 View Post
    think about it what was the last major crisis to my knowledge to hit america??
    september 11..so many "nonBelievers" were running back to church because they were scared and it is the case in many people's lives..
    Even if "many "nonBelievers" were running back to church", that doesn't support the idea that a god exists, all it proves is that people were feeling like their lives were out of control. When people think things are out of control they grasp onto any thing that makes them feel in control, be it a concept or an ideology. It's one of the down-sides of human natural, we abandon all logic and reason too quickly, just so we can feel good. We're a paranoid species, we try to attribute any natural occurrence to supernatural-agencies.


    Quote Originally Posted by blovtom1 View Post
    I think there is a God b/c with all the science in the world which states that eventually the sun which is a star will blow up causing the earth to be destroyed also..so in the end what will all our existence have been for? what was the begining for...
    That's another mistake we humans make, we assume that the reality we experience is for us, we're extremely selfish in that sense. When the sun does go red giant (if were even still here when it happens [which I HIGHLY doubt]) the universe won't miss us. Hopefully we can get off this tiny blue speck (God-willing ) long before that happens.

    Quote Originally Posted by blovtom1 View Post
    also you should know that even with all the technology that we have now we have not even used our earths resources to achieve the most advanced technology yet...even if you go back a 50 years when cassettes and old stuff was being used the people of their time thought there technology was the shiznit just like we think our stuff is the shiznit now...give earth a 100 more years maybe there will be technology that can decide whether or not God is real and if Jesus existed i dont know..but just know that you should not base your beliefs based on the "science" of today because it is only still developing and could go either way...
    wherein you could come to find that you are screwed for blaspheming God so badly or that you were right and lived life accordingly..
    The problem with this is that since the Advent of Galileo and the Modern Scientific Method, all the evidence we have gathered seems to move us further and further away from the notion that any of the major religions are right, this has been going on for 500 years now and I can't see such a HUGE turn around happening. As far as the Judeo-Christian faith goes, I've screwed the pooch on that one, I've commited an unforgivable sin, blaspheming the Holy Spirit.

    "Assuredly, I say to you, all sins will be forgiven the sons of men, and whatever blasphemies they may utter; but he who blasphemes against the Holy Spirit never has forgiveness, but is subject to eternal condemnation" - because they said, "He has an unclean spirit." (Mark 3:28-30)

    Quote Originally Posted by blovtom1 View Post
    you already know what i choose b/c i like my chances...anyways this really is for "paroxysm" since he can hold up a legilble conversation..and would probably read through all this before replying
    Oh yeah know me all too well.
    You took the time to write all that out, the least I could do is read it.
    Last edited by Paroxysm; 08-08-2009 at 03:45 PM.
    "We swallow greedily any lie that flatters us, but we sip only little by little at a truth we find bitter." ~ Denis Diderot

  3. #48
    Dave84311's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Gender
    male
    Location
    The Wild Wild West
    Posts
    27,853
    Reputation
    3541
    Thanks
    36,152
    My Mood
    Devilish
    PAROXYSM FAILS, JESUS WONT SAVE U





    THE EYE OF AN ADMINISTRATOR IS UPON YOU. ANY WRONG YOU DO IM GONNA SEE, WHEN YOU'RE ON MPGH, LOOK BEHIND YOU, 'CAUSE THATS WHERE IM GONNA BE


    "First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you lose.” - Dave84311HAD VIRTUAL DETOX

  4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dave84311 For This Useful Post:

    mikehunt.. (08-08-2009),whitten (08-08-2009)

  5. #49
    Sharpe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Dont worry about it
    Posts
    1,219
    Reputation
    15
    Thanks
    99
    Religion is a fraud.
    Sexy sig ujelly?

  6. #50
    Inna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    11,161
    Reputation
    61
    Thanks
    270
    My Mood
    Tired
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave84311 View Post
    PAROXYSM FAILS, JESUS WONT SAVE U
    HAHAHAHA JESUS LOLOL

  7. #51
    mikehunt..'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    151
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    32
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetamay View Post
    I'd rather spend that minute I do praying or going to Chruch doing something productive, interesting, or fun.
    I'd rather study, or play the piano. Or the violin (my favourite instrument).

  8. #52
    Ichig00's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    84
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    17
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Hmmm. Mayb humans just thought that extraterrestrials were angels and god. Since most religions start with the same thing. Someone/somthing descending from the sky. I mean this cud be another possibility.. Just check chariots of the gods.







    Dont forget to click thanks if i helpd ^^


  9. #53
    Sharpe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Dont worry about it
    Posts
    1,219
    Reputation
    15
    Thanks
    99
    Quote Originally Posted by mikehunt View Post
    I'd rather study, or play the piano. Or the violin (my favourite instrument).
    Do you honestly think anyone cares?
    Sexy sig ujelly?

  10. #54
    rosencrutez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Usa
    Posts
    12
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    1
    My Mood
    Blah
    Quote Originally Posted by Paroxysm View Post
    Ummmm small problem with that statement. There is no such thing as "Darwinism", there's Evolutionary Theory. Evolutionary Theory in no way states that there is no god or higher entity.
    Darwinism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

  11. #55
    Paroxysm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Lynnwood, WA
    Posts
    4,455
    Reputation
    170
    Thanks
    282
    My Mood
    Cheeky
    Quote Originally Posted by rosencrutez View Post
    When he mentioned darwinism I assumed he implied Evolutionary Thoery.

    Darwinism is a term used for various movements or concepts related to ideas of transmutation of species or evolution, including ideas with no connection to the work of Charles Darwin.

    So I was half right. But I'll admit I was too haste to refute his statement.

    Social Darwinism is fail.
    Last edited by Paroxysm; 08-08-2009 at 07:52 PM.
    "We swallow greedily any lie that flatters us, but we sip only little by little at a truth we find bitter." ~ Denis Diderot

  12. #56
    mikehunt..'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    151
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    32
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharpe View Post
    Do you honestly think anyone cares?
    Whoops, in the other post.
    Last edited by mikehunt..; 08-08-2009 at 10:36 PM.

  13. #57
    mikehunt..'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    151
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    32
    Quote Originally Posted by Paroxysm View Post
    And YOU'RE just a pretentious cunt-wad (Does it look like I care? That word almost matches my username, haha.) who flaunts his inflated ego (Ego? I don't post on forums to inflate my ego, just to play with people's minds and befuddle them), using intellectual superiority as a guise. (Oh, big words there, wise guy. This is everyday English, surely you have notice because you speak the same words I do.) For someone who thinks so highly of Einstein you appear to know very little about science. (I use him as my role model in my life, not to have the intellectual properties he has. That's besides the point) I'm sorry that I'm not one to spend too much time looking for grammatical/spelling errors in a coherent (I like that word) statement. (Why should you feel sorry? I'm only here to put a chapter in your life) Your reduced font size to feign humility, and "Book Antiqua" as your font? Everything about you screams of self-absorption,(Yes, I like to exclude people in all my situations on the internet) devils in the details. (Are you Christian?) I used to think you would be a good addition to MPGH, ( That's great, what else do you think of me?) expect no support from me. (I can't stop laughing).
    I like where this is going. If you were to observe the font type, it's automatic in it's size. You can't change it's usual size. Tell me, when did I expect you to support me? I don't remember myself saying that. I point out little details in people's grammatical and spelling errors to just mearly enrage them. To squeez out all of the paroxysm (that's what your username means), and enjoy the unfortunate events that follow soon after. I ardor how you get so furious and annoyed when people correct you. Tell me, why is it that you think you have superiority over me in these forums? I laugh at the mear thought you have of that.

    I love people's rage on the internet. My inclination for it is limitless. It's like my start of the day, and the end. Sure, you can call me mental but I like being called provocative. But not in a sexual way, if you were thinking that. I was always intelligent and impertinent in school, that's why my vocabulary is what it is today. English was my favourite of choice, as you can recognize. But I don't want to go into my life because that's not ponderous to the conversation that we're currently having.

    What you described me as isn't exactly correct, you see. What people have called me were crude and repugnant names. Of course you may agree with, but you by no means, know me, or have yet met my aquaintance. Who are you to say that I'm self-absorbed?

    Such suppression of dissent cannot go unpunished. Remember, I have been holding you under close scrutiny for quite a while. That's why I took a particular interest in your attempts to gain superiority over people in these forums. You remind me of another authoritarian religious extremist group, for reasons I hold to myself. You have perpetuated the anger of many people, and that is what I do not like.

    Also take head for what you are saying, because many others are watching. And they do not like what they see.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sharpe View Post
    Do you honestly think anyone cares?
    I know that's a rhetorical question, but I'm going to answer it anyways. I know that alot of people wouldn't care, but I didn't ask for an opinion from you. Consider it useless information, I don't care. That's just me though. :]
    Last edited by mikehunt..; 08-08-2009 at 10:43 PM.

  14. #58
    Paroxysm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Lynnwood, WA
    Posts
    4,455
    Reputation
    170
    Thanks
    282
    My Mood
    Cheeky
    Quote Originally Posted by mikehunt View Post
    I like where this is going. If you were to observe the font type, it's automatic in it's size. You can't change it's usual size. Tell me, when did I expect you to support me? I don't remember myself saying that. I point out little details in people's grammatical and spelling errors to just mearly enrage them. To squeez out all of the paroxysm (that's what your username means), and enjoy the unfortunate events that follow soon after. I ardor how you get so furious and annoyed when people correct you. Tell me, why is it that you think you have superiority over me in these forums? I laugh at the mear thought you have of that.

    I love people's rage on the internet. My inclination for it is limitless. It's like my start of the day, and the end. Sure, you can call me mental but I like being called provocative. But not in a sexual way, if you were thinking that. I was always intelligent and impertinent in school, that's why my vocabulary is what it is today. English was my favourite of choice, as you can recognize. But I don't want to go into my life because that's not ponderous to the conversation that we're currently having.

    What you described me as isn't exactly correct, you see. What people have called me were crude and repugnant names. Of course you may agree with, but you by no means, know me, or have yet met my aquaintance. Who are you to say that I'm self-absorbed?

    Such suppression of dissent cannot go unpunished. Remember, I have been holding you under close scrutiny for quite a while. That's why I took a particular interest in your attempts to gain superiority over people in these forums. You remind me of another authoritarian religious extremist group, for reasons I hold to myself. You have perpetuated the anger of many people, and that is what I do not like.

    Also take head for what you are saying, because many others are watching. And they do not like what they see.


    I know that's a rhetorical question, but I'm going to answer it anyways. I know that alot of people wouldn't care, but I didn't ask for an opinion from you. Consider it useless information, I don't care. That's just me though. :]
    You seriously think I care what you think? Silly choobs. To put it in layman's terms, YOU'RE a snobby bitch, that crude and repugnant enough for you?

    BTW: I know what my username means, and no I'm not a Christian. It's time to stop acting like King Douche Bag mpgh doesn't take kindly to King Douche Bag.
    Last edited by Paroxysm; 08-08-2009 at 10:55 PM.
    "We swallow greedily any lie that flatters us, but we sip only little by little at a truth we find bitter." ~ Denis Diderot

  15. #59
    mikehunt..'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    151
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    32
    Quote Originally Posted by Paroxysm View Post
    You seriously think I care what you think? Silly choobs. To put it in layman's terms, YOU'RE a snobby bitch, that crude and repugnant enough for you?

    BTW: I know what my username means, and no I'm not a Christian. It's time to stop acting like King Douche Bag mpgh doesn't take kindly to King Douche Bag.
    Nice, I like how you consider me a choob. The fact that you came up with a short reply just makes me laugh. King douche bag? Is that some kind of ultimate vagina cleaner brand?

  16. #60
    Drew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    C:\Users\Drew
    Posts
    312
    Reputation
    66
    Thanks
    49
    Its funny. You all ask for proof of God, But I see no proof of your Extra terrestrial life either? And please dont bring me the movie E.T.



    Proud member of MPGH since 2009

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. MPGH PM Chat Quote Thread
    By arunforce in forum Entertainment
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 05-12-2013, 09:24 PM
  2. MPGH AIM Chat Quote Thread
    By ace76543 in forum Entertainment
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 09-25-2011, 01:14 PM
  3. MPGH IRC Chat Quote Thread
    By i eat trees in forum Entertainment
    Replies: 746
    Last Post: 07-02-2011, 11:07 PM
  4. RE: Response to the "Atheist" topic.
    By hihiman1 in forum Flaming & Rage
    Replies: 107
    Last Post: 08-30-2009, 04:16 AM
  5. Favorite Quote
    By EleMentX in forum Spammers Corner
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 12-09-2006, 05:03 PM

Tags for this Thread