Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    Quote Originally Posted by Paroxysm View Post
    I think you struck a nerve with whomever you were arguing with, but that's beside the point. Resorting to Ad Hominem attacks should be avoided in debates (I end up using ad hominem's sometimes without even realizing it). I do have a question though, how are atheist's lowlifes?
    Because you have no hope or anything for after your life and therefore your life is meaningless. You serve no purpose. Think very hard. All of this exists and we all try so fucking hard to live just to die? Its all a complicated concept that there is no point in arguing about because nobody will ever win and nobody who believes will ever change their mind because you guys say so. Religion and God can not be proven just believed in so why try to dissprove something or someone nobody is trying to prove exists. Jesus existed no doubt about it but God we have no proof of therefore nobody has ever really tried to prove otherwise. I also believe because Christianity/Catholic are the only 2 religions that really make sence. I remember reading about a religion that witnessed an elephant drink from a bucket and therefore the world is good? (Not too sure if that is exactly what it was but yea.) A fat guy sat under a tree for a long time and therefore got smart?
    Thank me if I helped in any way, shape or form!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerk View Post
    Jesus existed no doubt about it
    Proof or GTFO

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheeky
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerk View Post
    Because you have no hope or anything for after your life and therefore your life is meaningless.

Just because life is finite doesn't make it meaningless, we make our own meaning for life. I do hope there is some kind of after-life, but I don't confuse my hopes with reality, just because I want reality to be a certain way, doesn't make it so.

You serve no purpose.

Everyone serves a purpose, whether it be improving the lives of others on the community level, or propagating the species on a species level. As far as we know, once you die that's it, brain shuts off and "you" don't exist. The best you can hope for is that you left the world a better place then when you entered it.

Think very hard. All of this exists and we all try so fucking hard to live just to die? Its all a complicated concept that there is no point in arguing about because nobody will ever win and nobody who believes will ever change their mind because you guys say so. Religion and God can not be proven just believed in so why try to dissprove something or someone nobody is trying to prove exists. Jesus existed no doubt about it but God we have no proof of therefore nobody has ever really tried to prove otherwise. I also believe because Christianity/Catholic are the only 2 religions that really make sence. I remember reading about a religion that witnessed an elephant drink from a bucket and therefore the world is good? (Not too sure if that is exactly what it was but yea.) A fat guy sat under a tree for a long time and therefore got smart?

This is where you lost me, were you popping x when you were writing this? Half way through it just starts sounding like the ramblings of a mad man.
    Sorry for the necro, I was gone for a week.
    Last edited by Paroxysm; 08-30-2009 at 12:55 PM.
    "We swallow greedily any lie that flatters us, but we sip only little by little at a truth we find bitter." ~ Denis Diderot

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678