Thread: My New Build

Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    Jailbroken671's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    13 28 N, 144 47 E
    Posts
    9,021
    Reputation
    704
    Thanks
    2,054
    My Mood
    Devilish

    My New Build

    My new awesome, and surprisingly inexpensive computer build
    currently no pictures, its not assembled yet, but i got all the parts already

    CPU: AMD Phenon X6 1100T clocked at 4.1GHz
    Motherboard: ASUS Crosshair IV Formula
    RAM: Corsair Dominator GT 8GB(2 x 4GB sticks)
    HDD: OCZ 100GB SSD boot drive; 1TB velociraptor Sata 6 GB/s
    PSU: Xion 1000-Watt PSU(LAN Party edition)
    Case: Corsair Obsidian 800D
    O/S: Genuine Windows 7 Ultimate(i got it free^^)
    Optical Drive: ASUS Blu-Ray Drive
    Video Card: ATI Radeon HD 5770(x4 running in CrossfireX)
    CPU cooler: Corsair H70 integrated water cooler
    Keyboard: Logitech Illuminated Keyboard
    Mouse: Logitech MX™518 Optical Gaming Mouse
    Monitor: ASUS MS238H 23"(x3 running in Eyefinity)

    Case Customization:
    Cold Red and UV cathodes(12" or 1' long)

    all of it cost me less that $2000, pretty inexpensive for a super high end gaming machine.
    Like it?
    Last edited by Jailbroken671; 01-08-2011 at 02:26 AM.

  2. #2
    Dave84311's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Gender
    male
    Location
    The Wild Wild West
    Posts
    27,850
    Reputation
    3541
    Thanks
    36,138
    My Mood
    Devilish
    4x video cards? 3 screens to play a game? WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU HERP DERP





    THE EYE OF AN ADMINISTRATOR IS UPON YOU. ANY WRONG YOU DO IM GONNA SEE, WHEN YOU'RE ON MPGH, LOOK BEHIND YOU, 'CAUSE THATS WHERE IM GONNA BE


    "First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you lose.” - Dave84311HAD VIRTUAL DETOX

  3. #3
    Alen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Liquid Generator
    Posts
    27,930
    Reputation
    2539
    Thanks
    4,216
    My Mood
    Fine
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave84311 View Post
    4x video cards? 3 screens to play a game? WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU HERP DERP
    He can't do 4-way on that mobo. And the whole system would be a huge bottleneck even if he somehow got an extender.

    And "a super high end gaming machine" does not describe that. You're still on a mid end CPU, low end mobo and ram with some mid range cards. Sheesh.

  4. #4
    Jailbroken671's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    13 28 N, 144 47 E
    Posts
    9,021
    Reputation
    704
    Thanks
    2,054
    My Mood
    Devilish
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave84311 View Post
    4x video cards? 3 screens to play a game? WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU HERP DERP
    i just want to play games free from frame-rate lag
    Quote Originally Posted by Coeus View Post
    He can't do 4-way on that mobo. And the whole system would be a huge bottleneck even if he somehow got an extender.
    And "a super high end gaming machine" does not describe that. You're still on a mid end CPU, low end mobo and ram with some mid range cards. Sheesh.
    this system was recommended to me by an ASUS tech assistant. ASUS cutomized this motherboard to support 4 way crossfireX by adding a 3rd party chip

  5. #5
    Alen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Liquid Generator
    Posts
    27,930
    Reputation
    2539
    Thanks
    4,216
    My Mood
    Fine
    Quote Originally Posted by Jailbroken™ View Post

    i just want to play games free from frame-rate lag

    this system was recommended to me by an ASUS tech assistant. ASUS cutomized this motherboard to support 4 way crossfireX by adding a 3rd party chip
    Aka an extender. Yeah, you goofed up. Expect poor performance, what were you even thinking when you bough 4x mid range cards on a mobo that will bottleneck everything? Not to mention wasting your money on an AMD build when you're looking for a high-end gaming machine.

    If you wanted to get rid of frame lag you get one or at most 2 good cards, not 4 where there is virtually no performance scaling after the 3rd card is added and minimal improvement after the 2nd.

  6. #6
    Unicow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    With My Unicows
    Posts
    2,717
    Reputation
    70
    Thanks
    214
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Quote Originally Posted by Coeus View Post
    Aka an extender. Yeah, you goofed up. Expect poor performance, what were you even thinking when you bough 4x mid range cards on a mobo that will bottleneck everything? Not to mention wasting your money on an AMD build when you're looking for a high-end gaming machine.

    If you wanted to get rid of frame lag you get one or at most 2 good cards, not 4 where there is virtually no performance scaling after the 3rd card is added and minimal improvement after the 2nd.
    Next time i get a computer im asking you for a build lol

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to Unicow For This Useful Post:

    Jailbroken671 (01-11-2011)