Thanks
    My Mood
    Angry

How to get Wireless Internet on Win XP Pro (SP1)? Please Help

Ok, I have a Toshiba Satellite, installed with Windows XP Proffessional (Service Pack 1), and It won't recognize my Wireless Router...

My above-mentioned Laptop used to have a virus with the _UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME_ error, stuck in a restart cycle, running on Win XP Home (Unknown SP). My fix was to install Win XP Pro (SP1). It now has no recognition of my Wireless Router, and it did before!!! I'm sick and tired of using the Nintendo Wii for internet.

Please Help!!! I've looked everywhere! I'm asking the experts at MPGH to Help me, so PLEASE HELP!!

Thanks in advance!
    Wruoa

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine
    Other than requesting an address and access to the internet there should be no need to "recognize" your router. Do you maybe mean network card? If so, do you have the latest drivers?

I would also recommend you update to SP3, SP1 is seriously outdated.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angry
    Quote Originally Posted by Coeus View Post
    Other than requesting an address and access to the internet there should be no need to "recognize" your router. Do you maybe mean network card? If so, do you have the latest drivers?

I would also recommend you update to SP3, SP1 is seriously outdated.
    Well... I have a wireless router, and only an Ethernet connection shows up on my laptop... And idk where to get SP3... Thanks anyways...

Any more help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks...

-Wruoa
    Last edited by KoЯn; 02-03-2011 at 12:59 PM.