Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    Sn0wman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    The Trap
    Posts
    19
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    2
    My Mood
    Relaxed

    Need Video Card , Recommendations?

    Specs:
    • AMD Phenom II X4 820 2.80 GHz ( Quad Core )
    • 8 GB DDR3 Corsair Memory
    • Windows 7 64-Bit
    • NVIDIA GeForce 210 <<< PROBLEM


    What would you guys recommend? I know that I will need another power supply but I can deal with that. I just bought this computer and put it together ( barebones kit ) , but I realize that I need a good graphics card to better compliment the quad core cpu.

    I am looking to spend less that 200$ for the Video Card and would like one from CompUSA if possible. All suggestions are welcome for video cards

  2. #2
    Doc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    female
    Location
    In your meatus
    Posts
    23,560
    Reputation
    2912
    Thanks
    5,336
    My Mood
    Twisted

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc For This Useful Post:

    Sn0wman (06-26-2011)

  4. #3
    Sn0wman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    The Trap
    Posts
    19
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    2
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Very nice find bro, I might buy that one. Any other suggestions that cost a little less?

  5. #4
    Doc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    female
    Location
    In your meatus
    Posts
    23,560
    Reputation
    2912
    Thanks
    5,336
    My Mood
    Twisted
    If you want a cheaper option than I'd go with this, but I wouldn't recommend getting anything lower, as you begin sacrificing too much performance per dollar. And looking at your other specs I bet you do quite a bit of gaming.

    CompUSA.com | HD685XZNDC | XFX Radeon HD 6850 XXX Edition 1GB GDDR5 PCIe 2.1

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc For This Useful Post:

    Sn0wman (06-26-2011)

  7. #5
    Sn0wman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    The Trap
    Posts
    19
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    2
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    I think im going with your second recommendation and yes you're right, I game alot. I recently bought this system from a barebones kit and put it together. My other rig's motherboard and GPU were fried so I decided to pick up a new rig. Once I get me that G-Card you posted, I will be set. Thanks for the help

    P.S. - This system also came with a 1.5 TB HDD , thats more space than I could ever use lol

  8. #6
    Doc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    female
    Location
    In your meatus
    Posts
    23,560
    Reputation
    2912
    Thanks
    5,336
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sn0wman View Post
    I think im going with your second recommendation and yes you're right, I game alot. I recently bought this system from a barebones kit and put it together. My other rig's motherboard and GPU were fried so I decided to pick up a new rig. Once I get me that G-Card you posted, I will be set. Thanks for the help

    P.S. - This system also came with a 1.5 TB HDD , thats more space than I could ever use lol
    Lol no probs, happy to help

    Happy gaming

  9. #7
    Sn0wman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    The Trap
    Posts
    19
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    2
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    I think I found another one.

    What about an EVGA GeForce GTX 550? $149.99

  10. #8
    Troll Account's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    135
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    10
    My Mood
    Bored
    LMAO 8GB OF RAM AND NVIDIA 210 SUPER FAIL
    I RECOMMEND YOU GETTING NVIDIA 460 OR HIGHER

  11. #9
    Sn0wman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    The Trap
    Posts
    19
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    2
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Quote Originally Posted by Troll Account View Post
    LMAO 8GB OF RAM AND NVIDIA 210 SUPER FAIL
    I RECOMMEND YOU GETTING NVIDIA 460 OR HIGHER
    I know bro, bought what I thought was a nice barebones kit. Turns out, the video card was shit. Should've done my research

  12. #10
    bowlcut's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    ثلاثة أقدام إلى
    Posts
    6,172
    Reputation
    1622
    Thanks
    2,000
    My Mood
    Sleepy
    Quote Originally Posted by Sn0wman View Post
    Specs:
    • AMD Phenom II X4 820 2.80 GHz ( Quad Core )
    • 8 GB DDR3 Corsair Memory
    • Windows 7 64-Bit
    • NVIDIA GeForce 210 <<< PROBLEM


    What would you guys recommend? I know that I will need another power supply but I can deal with that. I just bought this computer and put it together ( barebones kit ) , but I realize that I need a good graphics card to better compliment the quad core cpu.

    I am looking to spend less that 200$ for the Video Card and would like one from CompUSA if possible. All suggestions are welcome for video cards
    If you have an AMD, get an ATI video card.
    I suggest a 6870.
    Newegg.com - ASUS EAH6870 DC&#47;2DI2S&#47;1GD5 Radeon HD 6870 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card with Eyefinity
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave84311 View Post
    I hate you colin. I really hate you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blake View Post
    Fuck you colin

  13. #11
    m3_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    153
    Reputation
    83
    Thanks
    22
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    6850 is a way better choice, with the 6870 mod you unlock the extra cores and the price difference doesn't make up for the minimal performance gain.

  14. #12
    Sn0wman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    The Trap
    Posts
    19
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    2
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Appreciate the suggestions guys. Im sure anything that I buy will be better than a GeForce 210.. this thing suckssss. I know my CPU is carrying the system right now lol

  15. #13
    ToxiC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Newcastle,ON
    Posts
    303
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    19
    My Mood
    Asleep
    Any games out now would do fine with something like a 550ti or 560ti. If you are looking for something in the future for a game such as BF3 i would go with a card such as the GTX580 or 570 or ATI 6970 or 5990.