Thread: Wireless card

Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Stevenom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Summoner's Rift
    Posts
    17,746
    Reputation
    1087
    Thanks
    1,916
    My Mood
    Doubtful

    Wireless card

    Which one should I get?
    I would need a PCIe or USB one.
    And I don't know the difference between them two.
    And I can only buy from Online Computer Store - Computer Deals - Discount Computers and PC Case Gear
    @Alen
    @Doc
    @iverson954360

  2. #2
    iverson954360's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    10,280
    Reputation
    940
    Thanks
    1,656
    My Mood
    Dead
    PCI should give you better rates since its built to transfer data faster, you should also get an "n" router and card, much better range and speed compared to "g"

  3. #3
    Alen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Liquid Generator
    Posts
    27,930
    Reputation
    2539
    Thanks
    4,216
    My Mood
    Fine
    As Ravi said, make sure it's at least 802.11b/g/n, that's about it.

    Cbf to search the mwave site, it's fucking annoying. ASUS PCE-N15 Wireless N PCIe Adaptor [PCE-N15] - $45.00 : PC Case Gear seems like something decent, but in all honesty I just searched for b/g/n and picked the cheapest card. If you have time to go through the stuff they offer manually, go for it.

  4. #4
    Stevenom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Summoner's Rift
    Posts
    17,746
    Reputation
    1087
    Thanks
    1,916
    My Mood
    Doubtful
    Quote Originally Posted by Alen View Post
    As Ravi said, make sure it's at least 802.11b/g/n, that's about it.

    Cbf to search the mwave site, it's fucking annoying. ASUS PCE-N15 Wireless N PCIe Adaptor [PCE-N15] - $45.00 : PC Case Gear seems like something decent, but in all honesty I just searched for b/g/n and picked the cheapest card. If you have time to go through the stuff they offer manually, go for it.
    What about D-Link DWA-556 Xtreme N Wireless PCI Express Adapter [DWA-556] - $85.00 : PC Case Gear
    I want better signals as well. /
    Cause my computer might be moved to the living room...

  5. #5
    Doc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    female
    Location
    In your meatus
    Posts
    23,560
    Reputation
    2912
    Thanks
    5,336
    My Mood
    Twisted
    The Asus one should be enough. Even with Wireless G you should be able to reach your router with ease unless you live in some kind of mansion.

  6. #6
    Alen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Liquid Generator
    Posts
    27,930
    Reputation
    2539
    Thanks
    4,216
    My Mood
    Fine
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Ragealot View Post
    What about D-Link DWA-556 Xtreme N Wireless PCI Express Adapter [DWA-556] - $85.00 : PC Case Gear
    I want better signals as well. /
    Cause my computer might be moved to the living room...
    Doesn't have n ... derp. Just b/g as far as I can see.

  7. #7
    Stevenom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Summoner's Rift
    Posts
    17,746
    Reputation
    1087
    Thanks
    1,916
    My Mood
    Doubtful
    Quote Originally Posted by Alen View Post
    Doesn't have n ... derp. Just b/g as far as I can see.
    It says "* Delivers up to 14x faster speeds and 6x farther range than 802.11g*"
    But mkay I'll go with the ASUS one.

Similar Threads

  1. Website ID Card Tutorial
    By Bull3t in forum Tutorials
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 09-24-2007, 02:30 PM
  2. Card
    By 1877 in forum General
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-12-2007, 03:14 PM
  3. Business Card Pre-Final
    By apitite.for.distruction in forum Art & Graphic Design
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 10-25-2006, 09:51 PM
  4. Wireless Networking
    By Jackal in forum Hardware & Software Support
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 08-05-2006, 09:48 AM