Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 20 of 20
  1. #16
    Alen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Liquid Generator
    Posts
    27,930
    Reputation
    2539
    Thanks
    4,216
    My Mood
    Fine
    Quote Originally Posted by Pheles View Post
    These are my results, originally, I was set on getting the Audio Technica A700/AD700 but now I'm leaning towards the Logitech G35. $300 is far out of my range but I guess it'd be around $100-$220.

    I was told the Senheisser P350/60 or Logitech G930 were just as good, I'm not sure.
    You best be trolling, Logitech's headsets cannot compare even to the shittiest products by Sennheiser, AKG, ATH, BD, Grado or any other decent manufacturer.

    Quote Originally Posted by Pheles View Post
    because in my opinion, it was either go with gaming or music, I thought I'd just get two, gaming first and then when I get money in like 3 month I'd buy headphones for music:

    • Senheisser HD280 pro
    • Denon AH-D1001/2002
    • Audio Technica ATH-M50

    but then i'd need amps </3 more googling lol
    All those would work great without amps. Granted, they wouldn't be at their full potential but they would still be shitfucktons better than anything made by Logitech. And they're not just "music" headphones, they're great for movies and other media too. Even game sounds way better on them. The "real" "gaming" headphones are just a marketing niche that attracts kids with too much money that can't make out the difference between decent sound and shitty, muddy, washed out, no range shitty shit shitty shit shit fuck shitty bla bla bla. Tl;dr comparing a Ferrarri to a fucking second hand Golf.

    Quote Originally Posted by Pheles View Post
    My third option would be to get speakers -- Logitech Z5500 and probably Creative Sound Blaster X-FI Titanium Fatal1ty if I can afford it. Even ASUS Xonar DS would make a difference right?

    Those are soundcards.
    Those soundcards are marginally better than any integrated thing and their main feature would be the integrated amp (not the best, but it does the job). Afaik the Logitech Z5500 comes with it's own amp though and whilst it's a great speaker setup (got them for my 16th birthday and to this day they're still working great) there are many better alternatives for that money. Plus it's not as convenient as headphones, which offer more privacy, a greater range of comfort (dunno 'bout you, but people tend to complain when I turn my speakers up too much) etc.

    tl;dr grab any of the three listed headphones and you'll end up spending the money for something that you'll love for years to come.

  2. #17
    Pheles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    1,080
    Reputation
    46
    Thanks
    49
    My Mood
    Bored
    Quote Originally Posted by Santa View Post
    You best be trolling, Logitech's headsets cannot compare even to the shittiest products by Sennheiser, AKG, ATH, BD, Grado or any other decent manufacturer.
    I'm not trolling but it's what I was told on forums. I guess I shouldn't trust Logitech. Does Sennheiser produce good gaming headphones/set

    Quote Originally Posted by Santa View Post
    All those would work great without amps. Granted, they wouldn't be at their full potential but they would still be shitfucktons better than anything made by Logitech. And they're not just "music" headphones, they're great for movies and other media too. Even game sounds way better on them. The "real" "gaming" headphones are just a marketing niche that attracts kids with too much money that can't make out the difference between decent sound and shitty, muddy, washed out, no range shitty shit shitty shit shit fuck shitty bla bla bla. Tl;dr comparing a Ferrarri to a fucking second hand Golf.
    Should I use those for gaming too? I want surround sound though.

    Quote Originally Posted by Santa View Post
    Those soundcards are marginally better than any integrated thing and their main feature would be the integrated amp (not the best, but it does the job). Afaik the Logitech Z5500 comes with it's own amp though and whilst it's a great speaker setup (got them for my 16th birthday and to this day they're still working great) there are many better alternatives for that money. Plus it's not as convenient as headphones, which offer more privacy, a greater range of comfort (dunno 'bout you, but people tend to complain when I turn my speakers up too much) etc.

    tl;dr grab any of the three listed headphones and you'll end up spending the money for something that you'll love for years to come.
    I'll get a speaker setup later in the future, got my hands tied on just buying computer parts.
    Last edited by Pheles; 12-27-2011 at 04:12 PM.
    ... hi


     

  3. #18
    Alen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Liquid Generator
    Posts
    27,930
    Reputation
    2539
    Thanks
    4,216
    My Mood
    Fine
    Quote Originally Posted by Pheles View Post
    I'm not trolling but it's what I was told on forums. I guess I shouldn't trust Logitech. Does Sennheiser produce good gaming headphones/set
    As said, "gaming" headphones are just a marketing term, anything decent != gaming. Sennheiser did however mark a headset series as "gaming", the PC 350 or 360 are great choices (a bit pricey though). Sennheiser Worldwide - computer Headset, PC Headset, Gaming -

    Quote Originally Posted by Pheles View Post
    Should I use those for gaming too? I want surround sound though.
    Surround sound isn't a win-win thing. I own several "surround" headsets (5.1 ones, virtual 7.1 like Logitech's G35 or G930 is actually 2 drivers simulating surround ... complete garbo) and I prefer playing with normal, non-surround headsets, the directional sound isn't worth the loss in sound quality. Most games don't even fully support surround sound and even if they do, two drivers can simulate surround just fine.

    Quote Originally Posted by Pheles View Post
    I'll get a speaker setup later in the future, got my hands tied on just buying computer parts.
    Mkay

  4. #19
    Pheles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    1,080
    Reputation
    46
    Thanks
    49
    My Mood
    Bored
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamerusher View Post
    Headphones don't really matter it depends on the games you play. Sound cards do nothing to headphones, all they do is boost sound or just give you more sound options. Like I have my titanium x-fi card as you stated above i replaced it with my Bose.

    Soundcards are for speakers!
    Well, I never said I was going to get a soundcard for headphones. I was gonna get a soundcard for my speaker setup.


    Quote Originally Posted by Santa View Post
    As said, "gaming" headphones are just a marketing term, anything decent != gaming. Sennheiser did however mark a headset series as "gaming", the PC 350 or 360 are great choices (a bit pricey though). Sennheiser Worldwide - computer Headset, PC Headset, Gaming -
    hmm, you've brought some light into my eyes. time to get PC350/360 if they are available in Canada. Fuck all those people who say they have Turtle Beaches.

    Quote Originally Posted by Santa View Post
    Surround sound isn't a win-win thing. I own several "surround" headsets (5.1 ones, virtual 7.1 like Logitech's G35 or G930 is actually 2 drivers simulating surround ... complete garbo) and I prefer playing with normal, non-surround headsets, the directional sound isn't worth the loss in sound quality. Most games don't even fully support surround sound and even if they do, two drivers can simulate surround just fine.
    With normal, non-surround headsets can you hear only left and right? I remember I had apple iPod headphones they worked alright. I could tell left or right but that's it. Those really decent headphones, they are MUCH MUCH better right?
    ... hi


     

  5. #20
    Alen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Liquid Generator
    Posts
    27,930
    Reputation
    2539
    Thanks
    4,216
    My Mood
    Fine
    Quote Originally Posted by Pheles View Post
    Well, I never said I was going to get a soundcard for headphones. I was gonna get a soundcard for my speaker setup.
    Disregard what he said, practically any decent headphone setup will either have a decent soundcard or an external amp.

    Quote Originally Posted by Pheles View Post
    hmm, you've brought some light into my eyes. time to get PC350/360 if they are available in Canada. Fuck all those people who say they have Turtle Beaches.

    With normal, non-surround headsets can you hear only left and right? I remember I had apple iPod headphones they worked alright. I could tell left or right but that's it. Those really decent headphones, they are MUCH MUCH better right?
    If you were considering buying the G35 or G930 from Logitech (same headset essentially, the G930 being slightly more "flexible" and wireless) then yes, you would get the same amount of "hardware surround" - that being left and right. The front / back surround is created using sound effects (e.g. muffled sounds coming from behind, clear sounds from in front), the G35 uses Dolby's stuff. In all honesty I have had my share of the G35 (simulated 7.1), proper 5.1 (Speedlink Medusa, Roccat Kave) and "real" headphones (everything from BD's dt770 and dt880 to Sennheisers HD650 & HD800 to AKG's K702) and I will never buy a "gaming" headset again. Right now I'm using the dt880s (kinda my favourite) and I do everything from playing CS (where sound is very important) to watching movies (I guess you could say sound is very important there too...). Of course you don't get that surround sound of a decent speaker setup and perhaps proper surround sound (5.1) may at times be slightly better (only headsets I ever really noticed this was the Roccat Kave and Psyko 5.1, the latter costing as much as e.g. AKG's K702 at the time, with the K702 literally sweeping the floor with any gaming headset).

    tl;dr MUCH MUCH better.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 18
    Last Post: 12-02-2008, 09:00 PM
  2. Selling CoD Series and much more games CDKEYS
    By msx in forum Trade Accounts/Keys/Items
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-17-2008, 02:17 PM
  3. computer specs!
    By scimmyboy in forum General
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-03-2008, 02:16 PM
  4. My CPU Killer and Kinda faster Games
    By radnomguywfq3 in forum General
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-09-2007, 09:15 PM
  5. Post ur computer specs.
    By ~Viper~ in forum Spammers Corner
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 05-30-2006, 09:51 AM