Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1
    owned1257's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Sparta
    Posts
    472
    Reputation
    18
    Thanks
    31
    My Mood
    Amused

    Will Radeon 6850 fit in my case/motherboard (pics included)

    I'm a uber noob when it comes to computers and graphic cards, but I own an AMD Radeon 6750 (single slot card) and I'm wanting to upgrade a little higher. I was wondering if a Radeon 6850 would be able to fit in my graphics card slot and have enough space since its a dual slot card ?_?.

    Heres a picture of my case :
    Looking at a card like this (not sure what brand is best so I just chose a random one) : Newegg.com - PowerColor AX6850 1GBD5-DH Radeon HD 6850 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card with Eyefinity

  2. #2
    Alen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Liquid Generator
    Posts
    27,930
    Reputation
    2539
    Thanks
    4,216
    My Mood
    Fine
    Quote Originally Posted by owned1257 View Post
    I'm a uber noob when it comes to computers and graphic cards, but I own an AMD Radeon 6750 (single slot card) and I'm wanting to upgrade a little higher. I was wondering if a Radeon 6850 would be able to fit in my graphics card slot and have enough space since its a dual slot card ?_?.

    Heres a picture of my case : http://i43.tinypic.com/153s8kl.jpg
    Looking at a card like this (not sure what brand is best so I just chose a random one) : Newegg.com - PowerColor AX6850 1GBD5-DH Radeon HD 6850 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card with Eyefinity
    It should fit easily, the only thing that you will need to do is remove the protecting thingy from the slot under the current one (at the same time it'll cover the PCIe slot under the second slot). If the top fans are 12cm ones then you should also have enough space horizontally, as it's only 20cm long (give or take).

    It would be awesome to know what case you have though, so exact dimensions can be checked, just in case (though I doubt it could be too small).

  3. #3
    owned1257's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Sparta
    Posts
    472
    Reputation
    18
    Thanks
    31
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Alen View Post
    It should fit easily, the only thing that you will need to do is remove the protecting thingy from the slot under the current one (at the same time it'll cover the PCIe slot under the second slot). If the top fans are 12cm ones then you should also have enough space horizontally, as it's only 20cm long (give or take).

    It would be awesome to know what case you have though, so exact dimensions can be checked, just in case (though I doubt it could be too small).
    Um, I don't think its a protective thingy. I checked it and its kind of like nailed through the motherboard and I have to push it out hard, I don't want to break anything. Is it safe? Wouldn't a card like the one I was looking at just slide over it? This is the case I have with the same specs on it except with a 600W power supply & Radeon 6750 - CyberPower PC Gamer Ultra GUA140 Mid-Tower Desktop (3.4 Ghz AMD Phenom II X4 995 Black Edition, 4 GB DDR3, 1 TB HDD, DVD Super Multi-Drive, AMD Radeon HD 5450, Windows 7 Home Premium) - Reviews & Prices @ Yahoo! Shopping

  4. #4
    Stevenom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Summoner's Rift
    Posts
    17,746
    Reputation
    1087
    Thanks
    1,916
    My Mood
    Doubtful
    You have to push it out to take it out.
    But when you put a card in it's no problem.

  5. #5
    owned1257's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Sparta
    Posts
    472
    Reputation
    18
    Thanks
    31
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Ragealot View Post
    You have to push it out to take it out.
    But when you put a card in it's no problem.
    I have a new question.. I'm going to buy a new cheap motherboard that will support crossfire and sli cards. I was looking at this motherboard : Newegg.com - ASUS P7P55 LX LGA 1156 Intel P55 ATX Intel Motherboard

    Do you think it will fit in my case? Heres a link to my case/computer again : CyberpowerPC Black Gamer Ultra GUA140 Desktop PC ? Walmart.com

  6. #6
    Alen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Liquid Generator
    Posts
    27,930
    Reputation
    2539
    Thanks
    4,216
    My Mood
    Fine
    Yes, anything that's atx or smaller should easily fit. You do have to take care that your other stuff will be compatible though (currently you're running an AMD build, that's an Intel mobo). Also that mobo doesn't "fully" support multi gpu configs, it only has one PCIE x16 port that runs at decent speeds...

  7. #7
    owned1257's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Sparta
    Posts
    472
    Reputation
    18
    Thanks
    31
    My Mood
    Amused
    Yeah. I think that should be all, I got a compatible nice size board and it should come in a week so, thanks for the help alot.

  8. #8
    αяgуяσѕ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    A Box
    Posts
    1,688
    Reputation
    64
    Thanks
    137
    My Mood
    Lurking
    It will defiantly fit your pc also you have a really small mother board.
    My computer is about the same size yours but my mother board is a little smaller and atm i have a GTS 450 and its about the same size as the Radeon 6850 (which the 6850 might be a little bigger).
    Also if your computer was made by hp or some company like that and your still using one of the casing you shouldn't really have to punch out the metal pieces there should be a screw to take it off and put a thing there.
    I'm also trying to get a new casing to fit my Asus board which is like 4 times bigger then yours.
    Last edited by αяgуяσѕ; 12-15-2011 at 05:34 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave84311 View Post
    Valid keys, he gave me one himself.

    ____________________________
    Need help? Pm me
    ___________________________
    Please Press The Thanks If I Helped

  9. #9
    Gamerusher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Ragecon.com
    Posts
    863
    Reputation
    25
    Thanks
    44
    My Mood
    Bored
    it should fit right into ur case if not move some stuff around..

  10. #10
    Stevenom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Summoner's Rift
    Posts
    17,746
    Reputation
    1087
    Thanks
    1,916
    My Mood
    Doubtful
    Quote Originally Posted by bl00dpkzdrag View Post
    It will defiantly fit your pc also you have a really small mother board.
    My computer is about the same size yours but my mother board is a little smaller and atm i have a GTS 450 and its about the same size as the Radeon 6850 (which the 6850 might be a little bigger).
    Also if your computer was made by hp or some company like that and your still using one of the casing you shouldn't really have to punch out the metal pieces there should be a screw to take it off and put a thing there.
    I'm also trying to get a new casing to fit my Asus board which is like 4 times bigger then yours.
    Motherboard size doesn't matter.
    It's the case size.

  11. #11
    αяgуяσѕ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    A Box
    Posts
    1,688
    Reputation
    64
    Thanks
    137
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Ragealot View Post


    Motherboard size doesn't matter.
    It's the case size.
    I know i was just saying how small his mother board was compared to mine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave84311 View Post
    Valid keys, he gave me one himself.

    ____________________________
    Need help? Pm me
    ___________________________
    Please Press The Thanks If I Helped

  12. #12
    Alen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Liquid Generator
    Posts
    27,930
    Reputation
    2539
    Thanks
    4,216
    My Mood
    Fine
    Well I think has been solved, leave me or Blitz a PM or VM if you feel this needs to be reopened for further discussion.

Similar Threads

  1. Will HD6870 or 6850 be able to run in this?
    By Dracconus in forum Hardware & Software Support
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-23-2011, 02:33 PM
  2. Will Nvidia GTX 550 work on a asus motherboard?
    By owned1257 in forum General
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 09-15-2011, 01:46 AM
  3. Need help with ca---- Help me and i will gift u a gp case!
    By mundi006 in forum Combat Arms Hacks & Cheats
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 08-07-2009, 12:24 PM
  4. Willing To Learn
    By Dewd In The Newd in forum Gate To Heaven Hacks
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 09-27-2007, 09:40 AM
  5. Private Servers You Like MPGH Will Make
    By Paolo1993 in forum General Gaming
    Replies: 53
    Last Post: 02-20-2006, 09:55 AM