Thread: Dual boot woes

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired

Question Dual boot woes

So I'm trying to set up my sister's computer to dual boot Win7. It is a mac running snow leopard. I used BootCamp to create a windows partition, then the Win7 install disc to format and install. Everything went smoothly until I used the OSX install disk to update the drivers (without which there is no sound, internet access, and video performance sucks) Afterwards I restarted the machine holding the option key and selected Windows 7 from the boot menu. That's when everything went down the crapper. The screen went black with a blinking cursor in the top left. It sat there for a good 10 minutes before finally moving into the black screen with the "windows 7 is loading" thingy, but the colorful animation that forms the windows logo never appeared. I waited another 10 minutes before restarting the machine again. Then again in mac. Then again in windows. No luck. It always freezes as if the whole boot process is in slow motion. Now I am back to square run doing a fresh install but if that fails again what should I do? I would also like to know if any has any clue what could be causing this problem because it seems quite bizarre to me.
    SIGNATURE IS FIXED!

Latest fullscale Neon Mod info HERE!

Watermelon... that is all.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired

Angry Further Dual-boot woes

Ok so in reference to my previous post. Win7 will now properly boot but there are more issues to resolve. I can not connect to a wireless network at all. I am thoroughly exhausted from attempting everything I know including multiple manual driver installations. The drivers packaged with BootCamp are useless. Windows is detecting networks but cannot connect to them. The useless windows troubleshooting tool gives me nothing. It might be worth mentioning that IPconfig only comes up with "media disconnected" which doesn't help. I can, however, sometimes connect to unsecured networks which is baffling. Any tips? I'm completely stumped.
    SIGNATURE IS FIXED!

Latest fullscale Neon Mod info HERE!

Watermelon... that is all.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine
    I wouldn't know much about Mac hardware drivers on Windows, but just make sure you have the latest / proper drivers for your hardware. Other than that, what kind of security are you using for your wireless network? If everything else fails try to switch from WPA2 to WPA or even WEP.