Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 31 to 41 of 41
  1. #31
    Atrox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    In my Deja-vu
    Posts
    2,749
    Reputation
    178
    Thanks
    163
    My Mood
    Breezy
    Quote Originally Posted by PasterOfMuppets View Post
    put a few more bucks towards a p67, z67 or a z77.



  2. #32
    InCognito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    15,310
    Reputation
    1228
    Thanks
    4,294,967,295
    Quote Originally Posted by Atrox View Post


    put a few more bucks towards a p67, z67 or a z77.
    "This is very clever Motherboard.
    First off its so cheap which is always good.
    BUT it has a superb feature, that is core unlocking. That means if you buy a phenom ll x2 processor you can open the two locked cores if they are available.
    It is obviously a lottery as you wont know that the cores are available to unlock. Let me explain.
    All CPUs of the Phenom ll range are made with 4 cores.
    However some of them have imperfections which affect one or two cores so instead of destroying them they turn off the bad cores leaving two cores , thus it becomes a Phenom x2 instead of a x4.
    Amazingly as they make more CPUs the percentage of duff CPUs diminishes and they find that to meet the demand for x2 cores (because they are cheaper and people cant always afford a x4 CPU) they 'turn off' two cores to make x2 CPUs or one core to make a x3 CPU.
    IF you are very lucky you can buy a x2 CPU (Phenom 550 0r 560) and re-enable the two turned off cores so you get the full x4 cores all working for the price of a x2 core.
    Incredible but absolutely true.
    Of course this is not guarenteed but it is an amazing possibility and usually only found on more expensive Motherboards costing over £100.
    In addition to that this Motherboard also allows full overclocking so whatever CPU you put in it you can increase the performance drastically.
    Very good board for the price but make sure you buy a good Heatsink fan Assembly to ensure the CPU runs cool. "

    Does the guy realize he bought an Intel Motherboard?

  3. #33
    Atrox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    In my Deja-vu
    Posts
    2,749
    Reputation
    178
    Thanks
    163
    My Mood
    Breezy
    Quote Originally Posted by InCognito View Post


    "This is very clever Motherboard.
    First off its so cheap which is always good.
    BUT it has a superb feature, that is core unlocking. That means if you buy a phenom ll x2 processor you can open the two locked cores if they are available.
    It is obviously a lottery as you wont know that the cores are available to unlock. Let me explain.
    All CPUs of the Phenom ll range are made with 4 cores.
    However some of them have imperfections which affect one or two cores so instead of destroying them they turn off the bad cores leaving two cores , thus it becomes a Phenom x2 instead of a x4.
    Amazingly as they make more CPUs the percentage of duff CPUs diminishes and they find that to meet the demand for x2 cores (because they are cheaper and people cant always afford a x4 CPU) they 'turn off' two cores to make x2 CPUs or one core to make a x3 CPU.
    IF you are very lucky you can buy a x2 CPU (Phenom 550 0r 560) and re-enable the two turned off cores so you get the full x4 cores all working for the price of a x2 core.
    Incredible but absolutely true.
    Of course this is not guarenteed but it is an amazing possibility and usually only found on more expensive Motherboards costing over £100.
    In addition to that this Motherboard also allows full overclocking so whatever CPU you put in it you can increase the performance drastically.
    Very good board for the price but make sure you buy a good Heatsink fan Assembly to ensure the CPU runs cool. "

    Does the guy realize he bought an Intel Motherboard?
    Probably copy pasted, and he didn't notice he clicked on a 1155 mobo.



  4. #34
    compaq soul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    805
    Reputation
    27
    Thanks
    28
    My Mood
    Happy
    Quote Originally Posted by InCognito View Post
    Does the guy realize he bought an Intel Motherboard?
    Lol, he probably has by now.

  5. #35
    InCognito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    15,310
    Reputation
    1228
    Thanks
    4,294,967,295
    Quote Originally Posted by Atrox View Post


    Probably copy pasted, and he didn't notice he clicked on a 1155 mobo.
    Nope, thats the only time he wrote that.

    What the fuck is this guy talking about

  6. #36
    Atrox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    In my Deja-vu
    Posts
    2,749
    Reputation
    178
    Thanks
    163
    My Mood
    Breezy
    Quote Originally Posted by InCognito View Post


    Nope, thats the only time he wrote that.

    What the fuck is this guy talking about
    ಠ_๏ wtf .



  7. #37
    Resaun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    SkyFall...
    Posts
    1,985
    Reputation
    97
    Thanks
    178
    My Mood
    Amused
    Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3 1155 Motherboard + Core i3-2120 would be enough for you... or Same Mobo with a i5-2500k...
    Rèsaun









    Press Thanks & Rep Me If I Helped You....

  8. #38
    PasterOfMuppets's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    In the HQ Studio :)
    Posts
    883
    Reputation
    -22
    Thanks
    47
    My Mood
    Happy
    Quote Originally Posted by compaq soul View Post


    Lol, he probably has by now.
    i havent bought it and intel i3 2120 1155 socket fits in this motherboard

    ---------- Post added at 03:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:11 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Resaun View Post
    Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3 1155 Motherboard + Core i3-2120 would be enough for you... or Same Mobo with a i5-2500k...
    a motherboard for 190 pounds, dafuq ?

  9. #39
    InCognito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    15,310
    Reputation
    1228
    Thanks
    4,294,967,295
    Quote Originally Posted by PasterOfMuppets View Post
    i havent bought it and intel i3 2120 1155 socket fits in this motherboard

    ---------- Post added at 03:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:11 PM ----------



    a motherboard for 190 pounds, dafuq ?
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_...68+motherboard

  10. #40
    Resaun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    SkyFall...
    Posts
    1,985
    Reputation
    97
    Thanks
    178
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by PasterOfMuppets View Post
    i havent bought it and intel i3 2120 1155 socket fits in this motherboard

    ---------- Post added at 03:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:11 PM ----------



    a motherboard for 190 pounds, dafuq ?
    Motherboard cost £110.49...
    i3-2120 £96.68
    i5-2500k £156.79
    Corsair CMZ8GX3M2A1866C9 8Gb Kit £48.79


    Just Built a System for £500
    Last edited by Resaun; 04-29-2012 at 03:35 PM.
    Rèsaun









    Press Thanks & Rep Me If I Helped You....

  11. #41
    Stevenom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Summoner's Rift
    Posts
    17,746
    Reputation
    1087
    Thanks
    1,916
    My Mood
    Doubtful
    Get at least 965.
    Phenom II>Bulldozer

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Similar Threads

  1. [Solved] AMD FX or AMD Phenom
    By SmartAlley in forum Hardware & Software Support
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 02-12-2012, 09:37 AM
  2. AMD Phenom II x6 or Intel Core i7
    By Ambient in forum Hardware & Software Support
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-05-2011, 03:25 PM
  3. [Release] Happy Holidays with Phenom ~markopark4
    By markopark4 in forum WarRock - International Hacks
    Replies: 58
    Last Post: 01-02-2010, 01:01 PM
  4. Intel vs. AMD
    By why06 in forum Assembly
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 08-28-2009, 10:35 PM
  5. amd i a good friend?
    By Juan in forum General
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 03-09-2009, 10:46 AM