Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    -Trivvy-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    15
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    0
    My Mood
    Twisted

    My final build what you all think ?

    Processor : Intel Core i7-3820 (Four Core, 10MB Cache) 3.60GHz 1
    Memory : 8192MB (4x2GB) 1600MHz DDR3 Quad Channel
    Hard Drive : 1TB SATA 6Gb/s (7200RPM) 32MB Cache
    Optical Drive : DVD+/-RW (Read/Write) 24x
    Graphics : 2GB GDDR5 NVIDIA GTX 680
    Operating System : English Windows 7 SP1 Home Premium (64 BIT)
    Sound : Integrated HDA 7.1 Dolby Digital capability

    Monitor - Samsung S24B300HL 23.6 inch Widescreen LED Monitor - Gloss Black (1920 x 1080 Full HD, 5ms, HDMI/VGA)
    Signature's Are Pointless.

  2. #2
    DawgiiStylz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Dawg House
    Posts
    7,818
    Reputation
    219
    Thanks
    2,782
    My Mood
    Tired
    Quote Originally Posted by -Trivvy- View Post
    Processor : Intel Core i7-3820 (Four Core, 10MB Cache) 3.60GHz 1
    Memory : 8192MB (4x2GB) 1600MHz DDR3 Quad Channel
    Hard Drive : 1TB SATA 6Gb/s (7200RPM) 32MB Cache
    Optical Drive : DVD+/-RW (Read/Write) 24x
    Graphics : 2GB GDDR5 NVIDIA GTX 680
    Operating System : English Windows 7 SP1 Home Premium (64 BIT)
    Sound : Integrated HDA 7.1 Dolby Digital capability

    Monitor - Samsung S24B300HL 23.6 inch Widescreen LED Monitor - Gloss Black (1920 x 1080 Full HD, 5ms, HDMI/VGA)
    Almost like my build except I have more Ram and memory
    Its a nice build though

  3. #3
    -Trivvy-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    15
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    0
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Quote Originally Posted by Koompa View Post


    Almost like my build except I have more Ram and memory
    Its a nice build though

    Yea was going to get 16GB RAM but there not much need tbh. Plus 1TB is more than enough lol so no need to increase that, tho i could get a SSD but mehh loading times aren't a issue to me xD
    Signature's Are Pointless.

  4. #4
    DawgiiStylz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Dawg House
    Posts
    7,818
    Reputation
    219
    Thanks
    2,782
    My Mood
    Tired
    Quote Originally Posted by -Trivvy- View Post
    Yea was going to get 16GB RAM but there not much need tbh. Plus 1TB is more than enough lol so no need to increase that, tho i could get a SSD but mehh loading times aren't a issue to me xD
    Then you got yourself a perfect build for yourself



    16GB of memory is mostly for rendering videos and ect of that extent.
    1TB is a shitload of space and if you have more Lots of porn, music, videos and games for no apparent reason
    SSD cost more as well as being faster than a HDD. I still choose HDD

    I would choose your same specs tho, even though I already have those.

  5. #5
    Bengali's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    421
    Reputation
    18
    Thanks
    30
    Are you going to do any video editing, 3D rendering or anything of that sort? Any particular reason why you are going with the X79 platform? Going with a Z77 platform would save you some money. Add a 120GB/128GB SSD for boot.

  6. #6
    -Trivvy-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    15
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    0
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bengali View Post
    Are you going to do any video editing, 3D rendering or anything of that sort? Any particular reason why you are going with the X79 platform? Going with a Z77 platform would save you some money. Add a 120GB/128GB SSD for boot.
    I like intel more tbh, I know im buying quality, rather than saving a few $.

    Edit: Like I said loading times etc and no issue to me I have my trusty Laptop at the side of my PC with my Xbox aswell. If things take forever its not like im going to be sat here staring at a screen. =)
    Last edited by -Trivvy-; 10-26-2012 at 03:40 PM.
    Signature's Are Pointless.

  7. #7
    Bengali's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    421
    Reputation
    18
    Thanks
    30
    Z77 is still an Intel platform. And 3770k = 3820. So same performance for less money.

Similar Threads

  1. What you all think.
    By Lady GaGa in forum General
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-04-2011, 09:32 AM
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-18-2011, 10:51 AM
  3. What do you all think of this?
    By Humpsta in forum Showroom
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 10-18-2010, 06:40 PM
  4. what you guys think about this!
    By ' [H]eaDs in forum Showroom
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 12-16-2009, 04:46 PM
  5. My sig, what you guys think?
    By Kulvax in forum Showroom
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-03-2009, 04:40 PM