Regular CMD will not work, and Task Manager doesn't open
Hello MPGH, I hope you are having a nice day.
I need some very big help, and I think a virus is causing this, but I can not seem to locate the virus (ON MY OWN)
What is it causing?
- I can not open Task Manager from Ctrl + Alt + Del, I had to pin it to my start menu. Even after this though, it still doesn't open because I have been "Disabled by an Administrator".
- REGULAR CMD will NOT run commands. (Except exit ) I have found a work around, by pinning SysWOW64 CMD to my task bar, and using that to run commands which worked fine (still wont open taskmgr) but I can not open Windows Batch Files, because there is always a unrecognized command.
I am pretty sure this is a virus, and I don't want to run anything that could harm my computer, so please MPGH, tell me what to do.
Uhh I found a somewhat problem..
RKill was not what fixed some of the troubles I have been having, but Task Manager is now working (After many tutorials), and I found my problem with CMD.
What happens is my CMD opens C:/Users/Me, instead of the regular thing (I don't even know what it is anymore, but this is mine) C:dows/system32
I still can not run batch files correctly because everything is invalid.. I mean, I don't have the item I want to run located in C:/Users/Me
I have no clue what RKill did either, but I will let you know.
This still remains unsolved, please help me with my CMD troubles.
1. Click Windows Button + R
2. Type in " REGEDIT"
3. Click enter
4. Go to the Software Folder
5. Go to the Microsoft Folder
6. Go to Command Prompt Folder
7. Right click on Command Prompt Folder
8. Select New > Add/Remove String Value
9. Label it Autorun
10. Put the code "CD /d c:\windows\syswow64" in it
** \syswow64 is just the directory I use to run. All well, figured out my own problems. xD