Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Oliboli8769 View Post
    AE's shift to Unity is a smart idea in my opinion. Despite my love for Flash, it is inevitably a dying platform. I agree AQ3D wasn't the biggest success, but they definitely should be trying new things if they want to continue as a business.
    To be honest they don't have the budget to make a good game. They got that 100k but that's not enough to make a really good game. On average an AAA game costs around 25-35 million and anywhere in between there. What they were trying to make was a MMORPG and let's take WOW for example (A EXTREMELY (not really tho) old game) and even wow vanilla took 65 million dollars to make. Do you really think battleon even has that kind of money to make something like that? HELL NAWWWWWWWWWW

Last edited by Hunter; 05-23-2016 at 02:51 PM. Reason: Ignorance.
    Previous Names
    Eternity
    Azathoth

Please press +Rep or Thanks if you find my work or found something I said helpful

"Everyone dies but only a few truly live"
    -Me

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Creator View Post
    To be honest they don't have the budget to make a good game. They got that 100k but that's not enough to make a really good game. On average an AAA game costs around 25-35 million and anywhere in between there. What they were trying to make was a MMORPG and let's take WOW for example (A EXTREMELY (not really tho) old game) and even wow vanilla took 65 million dollars to make. Do you really think battleon even has that kind of money to make something like that? HELL NAWWWWWWWWWW
    Far off, there are tons of indies game that took off with only a few thousand dollars to start off with.
    Last edited by Hunter; 05-23-2016 at 02:52 PM. Reason: Fixed.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dab1996426 View Post
    Far off, there are tons of indies game that took off with only a few thousand dollars to start off with.
    Yeah I failed to mention that, however I am going off what AQW is trying to do. They basically wanted aqw to move to a mmorpg and that's not going to take off. Games like rocket soccer is well thought out (atleast I hope so lul) however aqw3d is just the same fucking thing like aqw just on a mmorpg scale imo.
    Previous Names
    Eternity
    Azathoth

Please press +Rep or Thanks if you find my work or found something I said helpful

-Me

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Creator View Post

Yeah I failed to mention that, however I am going off what AQW is trying to do. They basically wanted aqw to move to a mmorpg and that's not going to take off. Games like rocket soccer is well thought out (atleast I hope so lul) however aqw3d is just the same fucking thing like aqw just on a mmorpg scale imo.
    Do you really think the environment like AE has fleshed out is not enough to sustain income enough to create a replica game in unity or an MMORPG...

You truly underestimate the current standards of programming don't you?

Thanks
    I really wonder how long it will take before there are new server bots though.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dab1996426 View Post
    Do you really think the environment like AE has fleshed out is not enough to sustain income enough to create a replica game in unity or an MMORPG...

You truly underestimate the current standards of programming don't you?
    Do you know how small of a team they are? To reprogram it in unity would take time and even if they get it done and move aqw to unity, what about there other games? I read in one of there reddit posts say that they only have plans to work on aqw and aqw3d and ditch the other ones (AND THIS WAS A DEV SPEAKING FOR FUCKS SAKES)
    Previous Names
    Eternity
    Azathoth

-Me

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bitchy
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesRo View Post
    Dunno, depends on the extent of such "rework" - I don't get why they'll waste time recoding the game from scratch, the playerbase is at an all-time low(8k people during releases... Used to 30k a few years ago), the game probably has 1 or 2 years of life, tops.
    I hope you would make a new bot after rework

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12