Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast
Results 136 to 150 of 173
  1. #136
    pingu sohan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    17
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    0
    My Mood
    Tired
    Does it increase with every kill?

  2. #137
    Play_N_Hack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    353
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    69
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Quote Originally Posted by pingu sohan View Post
    Does it increase with every kill?
    No. If a drop is 1% it is 1% per kill. Every kill gives you a 1% chance that the item will drop. You could go 10 000 kills and not get it, or get it in 4

  3. #138
    pingu sohan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    17
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    0
    My Mood
    Tired
    Does the chance increase with every kill?Or is it like a random number that is generated after every kill matches the number there, only then we get the item?
    if it's the second one, does 1% means only one number must be matched with, and 50 % drop means that there are 50 numbers that can be matched with?

  4. #139
    Play_N_Hack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    353
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    69
    My Mood
    Cynical
    I'm no expert on the system in place, but I believe that it is something along those lines.

    Or mayhaps even a parameter of:

    1% - If the RNG brings up any of the numbers >=10 then you'll get it, anything 10< is a fail.
    50% - >=50 is yes; 50< is no.

    etc
    @Yuudoku
    You seem pretty knowledgeable. What do you think? lol

  5. #140
    SynqZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Gender
    male
    Location
    192.168.1.1
    Posts
    480
    Reputation
    13
    Thanks
    187
    Quote Originally Posted by Play_N_Hack View Post
    I'm no expert on the system in place, but I believe that it is something along those lines.

    Or mayhaps even a parameter of:

    1% - If the RNG brings up any of the numbers >=10 then you'll get it, anything 10< is a fail.
    50% - >=50 is yes; 50< is no.

    etc
    @Yuudoku
    You seem pretty knowledgeable. What do you think? lol
    if its 50% then its 1 in 2 right? How does 50% mean 1/50..
    For example, Drakaths sword is a 1% drop. if i were to kill drakath 100 times, that doesnt necessarily mean i will get the drop. The chance of me getting it is 1% and the chance of me not getting it is 99%. so out of 100% i'm 99% likely not to get it. So for each kill against drakath, our chances increase slightly higher.

    To find our chance of getting a drop is quite simple. I found this on a reddit thread but since i can't post links, i'm just gonna quote it.
    The equation is just 0.99 (99% as a decimal) times by itself 100 times (100 attempts) which gives us 0.366..... So our percentage to not get something on the 100th turn is 36% whereas out percentage to get something is 64%.

    When doing the caladbolg quests I got Both the sword and the daggers back to back on my first attempt and they are both 1% drops i believe so nothing is certain, percentages just help us estimate the predicted outcome, not the final result.
     

  6. #141
    asamortal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Mother Base
    Posts
    171
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    19
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Play_N_Hack View Post
    Right, but look at the things you'd have to re-farm to do this quest again and again. Uni 13s and Void Auras mainly. Not always the easiest things. I don't see it as worthwhile personally
    Death Scythe of Nulgath is also AC so it too, can be retrieved in the buy back shop.
    The only things to worry about are Void Auras and refarming items.

    Although, yeah, it's not really a viable way to get Bloodgems.

  7. #142
    Play_N_Hack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    353
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    69
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Quote Originally Posted by SynqZ View Post
    if its 50% then its 1 in 2 right? How does 50% mean 1/50..
    For example, Drakaths sword is a 1% drop. if i were to kill drakath 100 times, that doesnt necessarily mean i will get the drop. The chance of me getting it is 1% and the chance of me not getting it is 99%. so out of 100% i'm 99% likely not to get it. So for each kill against drakath, our chances increase slightly higher.

    To find our chance of getting a drop is quite simple. I found this on a reddit thread but since i can't post links, i'm just gonna quote it.
    The equation is just 0.99 (99% as a decimal) times by itself 100 times (100 attempts) which gives us 0.366..... So our percentage to not get something on the 100th turn is 36% whereas out percentage to get something is 64%.

    When doing the caladbolg quests I got Both the sword and the daggers back to back on my first attempt and they are both 1% drops i believe so nothing is certain, percentages just help us estimate the predicted outcome, not the final result.
    Welp, I messed up the idea. Writing ideas while not sleeping is a bad idea. 50% would be more like (out of 10 000 numbers, >=5 000 will get it, 5 000< won't). The idea, I hope, came across though.

    As for your luck with the Caladbolg, 1% per turn in, you got lucky. Like rolling doubles on dice (which can actually be skill but let's call it luck).


    Quote Originally Posted by asamortal View Post
    Death Scythe of Nulgath is also AC so it too, can be retrieved in the buy back shop.
    The only things to worry about are Void Auras and refarming items.

    Although, yeah, it's not really a viable way to get Bloodgems.
    Point is it isn't truly viable, regardless of what can be bought back.

  8. #143
    Edgy_Name's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    144
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    14
    My Mood
    Dead
    Shouldn't the drop rate basically be like a game of "spin of a wheel" like the one in wheel of fortune?

    If you got a 1% drop from a monster shouldn't each kill be a spin of a wheel where 1% of the circumference is shaded? You just keep on spinning and spinning until the lottery hits. No previous spin affects the next and the current spin shouldn't affect the one after. You just have to wait for circumstance to be on your side.

    And a 50% drop means half the wheel is shaded and the other half isn't and you spin that wheel per kill, shouldn't it?

    That is conventional chance so shouldn't that basically be a drop rate's chance, or is the aqw system different?

  9. #144
    ImThrowingMyLifeAway's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Planet Earth
    Posts
    276
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    115
    I like how this was already answered, but more theories come out.
    Pretty sure it's all RNG with no set outcome, except for a "wheel of chance" like @Edgy_Name stated.


    Want an AQW bot made? PM me or put @ImThrowingMyLifeAway in your Bot Request!
     

    To Be Implemented Soon.



  10. #145
    pingu sohan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    17
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    0
    My Mood
    Tired
    so, does this mean that i could go without getting my non mem voucher my entire life?
    Last edited by pingu sohan; 1 Week Ago at 02:08 AM.

  11. #146
    Edgy_Name's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    144
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    14
    My Mood
    Dead
    Quote Originally Posted by pingu sohan View Post
    so, does this mean that i could go without getting my non mem voucher my entire life?
    That is how probability works. Technically you could flip a coin all your life and there will NOT be a guarantee that at least 1 of those flips will be heads. Of course that 50/50 outcome affects your EXPECTATIONS but don't be surprised if it doesn't come at all. There is no gurantee.

    Just remember that aqw is more complex than a coin toss, though. So there are other factors that would affect never getting the non-mem voucher.

  12. #147
    woods_879's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    133
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    441
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Just to let all of y'all know, it's been confirmed that this class will be released around Nulgath's bday which is 1/16/17.
    Proof
    http://prntscr.com/dc63db
    Currently taking bot requests! P.M me or post a request here


  13. #148
    Edgy_Name's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    144
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    14
    My Mood
    Dead
    Quote Originally Posted by woods_879 View Post
    Just to let all of y'all know, it's been confirmed that this class will be released around Nulgath's bday which is 1/16/17.
    Proof
    http://prntscr.com/dc63db
    kewl /2short

  14. #149
    CaIamity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    86
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    2
    My Mood
    Happy
    Quote Originally Posted by woods_879 View Post
    Just to let all of y'all know, it's been confirmed that this class will be released around Nulgath's bday which is 1/16/17.
    Proof
    http://prntscr.com/dc63db
    Welp, i was gonna farm (and by farm i mean bot) for the Nulgath Nation House, but i guess i'll save the reagants for the class once i get the ArchFiend DoomLord (i need every Essence but the Undead ones, i'm just finishing with the Blood Gems) then i go for the house afterwards.

    "I assume that you caught full sight of that atrocity swarming around the castle. That...is the Calamity Ganon."

  15. #150
    Edgy_Name's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    144
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    14
    My Mood
    Dead
    Quote Originally Posted by CaIamity View Post
    Welp, i was gonna farm (and by farm i mean bot) for the Nulgath Nation House, but i guess i'll save the reagants for the class once i get the ArchFiend DoomLord (i need every Essence but the Undead ones, i'm just finishing with the Blood Gems) then i go for the house afterwards.
    If the ENNH didn't require 100 blood gems then chances are we would've all farmed for that JUST to make this class easier. But at this point who cares.

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [Help] Killing Void dragon for greaves shard class
    By wargod909 in forum Adventure Quest Worlds (AQW) Discussions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-03-2016, 07:23 AM
  2. Nulgath void fiend hex blood all weapons to match nulgath rares VOT class
    By todd0 in forum Adventure Quest Worlds (AQW) Selling / Trading / Buying
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 05-19-2014, 08:29 PM
  3. Glacial Warlord class - thoughts ?
    By The Inquisition in forum Adventure Quest Worlds (AQW) Discussions
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12-18-2013, 02:57 AM
  4. Guild Wars New Classes
    By Chronologix in forum General Gaming
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 07-23-2006, 09:46 AM
  5. [Tutorial]Change class without respawn
    By vir2000 in forum Game Hacking Tutorials
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-04-2006, 02:47 PM