Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 53
  1. #1
    pinoy ako chat tayo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    26
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    14
    My Mood
    Devilish

    Is AQW boring now?

    I think HP is the desirable way AQW shoould be played excluding OP class. A PVP arena where top players will get rewards. Free AC raffle. What do you guys think?

  2. #2
    cuckold cancer 8=D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Forever Ville.
    Posts
    9,861
    Reputation
    1699
    Thanks
    4,924
    Quote Originally Posted by pinoy ako chat tayo View Post
    I think HP is the desirable way AQW shoould be played excluding OP class. A PVP arena where top players will get rewards. Free AC raffle. What do you guys think?
    Psh aqw is p2w know days

    P2w = pay to win

    AQW pvp is shit. AQW is money hungry.

    Moral of the story is it's not gonna happen sadly. But nice idea.

  3. #3
    FwgKnight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Earth, US, Ohio, Fairfield, Lancaster.
    Posts
    106
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    26
    Quote Originally Posted by pinoy ako chat tayo View Post
    I think HP is the desirable way AQW shoould be played excluding OP class. A PVP arena where top players will get rewards. Free AC raffle. What do you guys think?
    They'd never give AC's on a timed event. Not even one winner a day. They're to money hungry. I never liked PvP, so I don't much know about that. I do think they should bring out more classes, and much more often. I want hundreds. It would make up for the immensely repetitive game-play.

  4. #4
    133spider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    291
    Reputation
    22
    Thanks
    1,789
    My Mood
    Cold
    Quote Originally Posted by xaviar View Post

    Psh aqw is p2w know days

    P2w = pay to win

    AQW pvp is shit. AQW is money hungry.

    Moral of the story is it's not gonna happen sadly. But nice idea.
    Please explain how AQW is pay to win when the only things that cost money in AQW are purely cosmetics and classes which you can get through farming rep

  5. #5
    cuckold cancer 8=D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Forever Ville.
    Posts
    9,861
    Reputation
    1699
    Thanks
    4,924
    Quote Originally Posted by 133spider View Post
    Please explain how AQW is pay to win when the only things that cost money in AQW are purely cosmetics and classes which you can get through farming rep
    Here is what is to explain.

    If want nice things get AC's/Membership/Heromart?

    How is it not p2w?Also all they are doing is rereleasing the items from old days. How is that even new things? The class skills are copies from old classes, nothing new.

  6. #6
    133spider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    291
    Reputation
    22
    Thanks
    1,789
    My Mood
    Cold
    Quote Originally Posted by xaviar View Post

    Here is what is to explain.

    If want nice things get AC's/Membership/Heromart?

    How is it not p2w?Also all they are doing is rereleasing the items from old days. How is that even new things? The class skills are copies from old classes, nothing new.
    "if you want nice things"
    those are, just as I said, cosmetics and have no effect on the game whatsoever other than its looks...

  7. #7
    slappremium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    15
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    2
    My Mood
    Devilish
    Quote Originally Posted by 133spider View Post
    "if you want nice things"
    those are, just as I said, cosmetics and have no effect on the game whatsoever other than its looks...
    Yeah right.
    There are obvious shortcuts built in for players in possession of Mem/AC's. Any class that's not rare in the game? Buy for 2k AC's. Don't want to waste your time with the endless and boring grindfest for merge shop resources or reputation and haven't heard of le bot? Membership quests.
    Besides this, the RPG aspect of the game is DEAD. The story is a joke and a wildly insipid one at that.
    In its slow death, AQW has evolved into a dress up game: you win by looking the coolest. For a majority of the time, the best looking Capes/Armors/Helms/Weapons are Legendary or AC only. If they aren't, they take an obscene amount of brain atrophying, wrist carpal tunneling, time dissipating farming for the non members to get. In this aspect, yes, the game is pay to win.
    And while you failed to address Xaviar's point, he's right. They are endlessly re-skinning and reselling the same designs over and over again.
    One example, the amount of phoenix blades released in AQW: 13 times they've released the phoenix blade design into AQW. 13.
    AE has just created a flash dress up game for teenage boys, they might as well put in the effort to be original with their fashion designs. Especially if their designs have real life price tag on them.

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to slappremium For This Useful Post:

    [MPGH]cuckold cancer 8=D (11-30-2014)

  9. #8
    cuckold cancer 8=D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Forever Ville.
    Posts
    9,861
    Reputation
    1699
    Thanks
    4,924
    Quote Originally Posted by slappremium View Post
    Yeah right.
    There are obvious shortcuts built in for players in possession of Mem/AC's. Any class that's not rare in the game? Buy for 2k AC's. Don't want to waste your time with the endless and boring grindfest for merge shop resources or reputation and haven't heard of le bot? Membership quests.
    Besides this, the RPG aspect of the game is DEAD. The story is a joke and a wildly insipid one at that.
    In its slow death, AQW has evolved into a dress up game: you win by looking the coolest. For a majority of the time, the best looking Capes/Armors/Helms/Weapons are Legendary or AC only. If they aren't, they take an obscene amount of brain atrophying, wrist carpal tunneling, time dissipating farming for the non members to get. In this aspect, yes, the game is pay to win.
    And while you failed to address Xaviar's point, he's right. They are endlessly re-skinning and reselling the same designs over and over again.
    One example, the amount of phoenix blades released in AQW: 13 times they've released the phoenix blade design into AQW. 13.
    AE has just created a flash dress up game for teenage boys, they might as well put in the effort to be original with their fashion designs. Especially if their designs have real life price tag on them.
    @133spider need more info? Also they are just releasing back to back heromart items for overpriced shit. Like resently they released the new 2015 calander class ALMOST the same skills as the 2014 class calander class. No new items (I mean new not recolored, or seasonal rares, or similar looking type) of items has even been released, class skills are all look alikes. How is aqw not p2w? If you want the itesm GRIND for months and months.

  10. #9
    133spider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    291
    Reputation
    22
    Thanks
    1,789
    My Mood
    Cold
    Quote Originally Posted by xaviar View Post
    @133spider[COLOR=#3E3E3E] need more info? Also they are just releasing back to back heromart items for overpriced shit. Like resently they released the new 2015 calander class ALMOST the same skills as the 2014 class calander class. No new items (I mean new not recolored, or seasonal rares, or similar looking type) of items has even been released, class skills are all look alikes. How is aqw not p2w? If you want the itesm GRIND for months and months.
    Quote Originally Posted by slappremium View Post
    Yeah right.
    There are obvious shortcuts built in for players in possession of Mem/AC's. Any class that's not rare in the game? Buy for 2k AC's. Don't want to waste your time with the endless and boring grindfest for merge shop resources or reputation and haven't heard of le bot? Membership quests.
    Besides this, the RPG aspect of the game is DEAD. The story is a joke and a wildly insipid one at that.
    In its slow death, AQW has evolved into a dress up game: you win by looking the coolest. For a majority of the time, the best looking Capes/Armors/Helms/Weapons are Legendary or AC only. If they aren't, they take an obscene amount of brain atrophying, wrist carpal tunneling, time dissipating farming for the non members to get. In this aspect, yes, the game is pay to win.
    And while you failed to address Xaviar's point, he's right. They are endlessly re-skinning and reselling the same designs over and over again.
    One example, the amount of phoenix blades released in AQW: 13 times they've released the phoenix blade design into AQW. 13.
    AE has just created a flash dress up game for teenage boys, they might as well put in the effort to be original with their fashion designs. Especially if their designs have real life price tag on them.


    Are you both dense?

    1) You both repeatedly stated that they sell best looking items for Legendary/AC Only making it somehow pay2win... ? What impact does cosmetics give you on this game that makes you win?

    2) If NEW classes had almost exactly the same skills as the previous classes how the heck does that make the game pay2win? Please explain.

    3) 90% of the classes you have to buy with 2k AC for aren't even good classes

    4) You have to GRIND and do WORK to get items you want? That's unheard of in an MMORPG Game! /sarcasm

    5) There's shortcuts in the game if you supported AE by buying Membership and/or AC? *GASP* Suck it up, AE is not a rich company and they need all the money they can get to continue doing what they're doing. I'm also pretty sure 99% of MMORPGs out there have the same system if you supported their game...

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to 133spider For This Useful Post:

    thebigbang20 (12-04-2014)

  12. #10
    Shaheet''s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    83
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by 133spider View Post
    Are you both dense?

    1) You both repeatedly stated that they sell best looking items for Legendary/AC Only making it somehow pay2win... ? What impact does cosmetics give you on this game that makes you win?

    2) If NEW classes had almost exactly the same skills as the previous classes how the heck does that make the game pay2win? Please explain.

    3) 90% of the classes you have to buy with 2k AC for aren't even good classes

    4) You have to GRIND and do WORK to get items you want? That's unheard of in an MMORPG Game! /sarcasm

    5) There's shortcuts in the game if you supported AE by buying Membership and/or AC? *GASP* Suck it up, AE is not a rich company and they need all the money they can get to continue doing what they're doing. I'm also pretty sure 99% of MMORPGs out there have the same system if you supported their game...
    Not sure if you've spent an obscene amount of time playing this game or are genuinely butthurt

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to Shaheet' For This Useful Post:

    slappremium (11-30-2014)

  14. #11
    133spider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    291
    Reputation
    22
    Thanks
    1,789
    My Mood
    Cold
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaheet' View Post
    Not sure if you've spent an obscene amount of time playing this game or are genuinely butthurt
    Not sure if you know what an argument is

  15. #12
    Oliboli8769's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Boliworlds
    Posts
    2,197
    Reputation
    455
    Thanks
    3,815
    If I were to join this discussion, I would agree and disagree with both sides.
    In my opinion AQWorlds has degenerated into a rather boring, dull game where the dollar is a big part of it. However, with the businesses' financial struggles etc. it's very much understandable. I made a similar post before: http://www.mpgh.net/forum/showthread.php?t=851403

    I would say you guys all stop being butt-hurt over the matter because it's really not worth it. Don't want this to develop into another flaming sesh

  16. #13
    133spider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    291
    Reputation
    22
    Thanks
    1,789
    My Mood
    Cold
    Quote Originally Posted by slappremium View Post
    Do you know how to read? I guess i may have overloaded your piddling brain.

    1) The game has evolved into a giant fashion show. This fact, combined with the fact that most good looking armors require a real life payment, means that you
    "win" the fashion show by having the "coolest" looking armor. Which means that its pay to win.

    2) I never said that? Nice try? The correct question would have been "Why is recycling items in a fashion game and making you pay in real life bad?", or better yet, "Why should anything original be added into AQW? Stuffs already there, so fuck it?"
    The new players wont know that its been released 12 times before and will be eager to put forth mommy's money to pay for it. That is greedy and petty of Artix, and a slap in the face to loyal and older players.

    3) And? Its still a fucking shortcut?

    4) And? Its fucking AQW. The combat isn't exactly ground breaking? Or interesting? Or requiring any amount of skill at all? I have better things to do than press 2-4 on my keyboard for fucking hours on end, just so i can press 2-4 with a different class? Are you seriously proposing that AQW is worth the 48 hours of nonstop grinding it took my bot to get 820 Unitas Fragments? Unless you have a brain the size of a peanut, no.

    5) So your saying you have no problem with that? LMAO. I'm not even about to tell you why your so damn wrong about this. Have fun filling AE's wallet to the brim kiddo.
    1) Apparently this game is indeed becoming a fashion show because of people like you treating it like one...

    2) I should've put a note on that point that it was meant to be toward xavier and not you... If they re-release items that were repainted or modified slightly and it costs AC or Legends who the hell is forcing you to buy it? And how does that make the game suddenly pay to win? Looks like you really want the AE company to die

    3) Using words like "fucking" to prove a point isn't going to help in this argument, and yes it is indeed a shortcut but how will you win the game if you're paying for a HORRIBLE class?

    4) It seems you find fashion shows more interesting than combat on AQWorlds with that point considering it's just your opinion on their combat

    5) You're acting like you DO want the AE company to die... Have fun finding an MMORPG that doesn't need money to live on since you somehow found this unacceptable

    You really need to calm down when it comes to arguments mate
    Last edited by 133spider; 12-01-2014 at 05:41 PM.

  17. #14
    Oliboli8769's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Boliworlds
    Posts
    2,197
    Reputation
    455
    Thanks
    3,815
    Quote Originally Posted by 133spider View Post
    You really need to calm down when it comes to arguments mate
    You're right - but calling them both dense and using diminutives like 'mate' really isn't helping the cause
    Be the mature one and end the discussion, which will ultimately have no result anyway.

  18. #15
    slappremium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    15
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    2
    My Mood
    Devilish
    Quote Originally Posted by 133spider View Post
    1) Apparently this game is indeed becoming a fashion show because of people like you treating it like one...

    2) I should've put a note on that point that it was meant to be toward xavier and not you... If they re-release items that were repainted or modified slightly and it costs AC or Legends who the hell is forcing you to buy it? And how does that make the game suddenly pay to win? Looks like you really want the AE company to die

    3) Using words like "fucking" to prove a point isn't going to help in this argument, and yes it is indeed a shortcut but how will you win the game if you're paying for a HORRIBLE class?

    4) It seems you find fashion shows more interesting than combat on AQWorlds with that point considering it's just your opinion on their combat

    5) You're acting like you DO want the AE company to die... Have fun finding an MMORPG that doesn't need money to live on since you somehow found this unacceptable

    You really need to calm down when it comes to arguments mate
    These ideas have just been festering in my head for a long time and I've never really had a chance to vent them to anyone in particular. I apologize if i seem a bit livid. I'm really more angry at AE for, in my opinion, ruining AQW, and since you kind of represented them in this argument I was more expressive than I probably should have been.

    In all honesty I never wanted AQW to become a dress up game, and I've made no decisions to treat it like one. I couldn't really matter-of-factly tell you why its become this way, however i do know who to blame. Honestly I don't care enough to make a proper response so that's the best its gonna get.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 18
    Last Post: 08-24-2011, 05:34 PM
  2. Bored... Top 5 Games Now!
    By Unicow in forum General
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 05-27-2011, 07:20 PM
  3. Selling my account (bored of cf now :( )
    By Simpleton in forum Selling Accounts/Keys/Items
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 11-28-2010, 02:35 PM
  4. iM Bored Simply Beat This now.
    By tabuzo013 in forum General
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 11-12-2010, 04:22 PM
  5. Bored s now usefull...[UPDATE]
    By XxTylerxX in forum CrossFire Hacks & Cheats
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 04-24-2010, 08:51 AM