Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks

"AQW Server Rewrite"

So apprently a phrase 2 of this will stop anit bot or make a better reporting function. I mean wtf. I hate that they are feeding bullshit. Only thing I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee is the Backbuy this shit will be god like know.
    @Argorok11 @Great Barrier @JamesRo

Lovely isn't it? END OF AQW BOTTING IS NEAR US, HELP MEH THROUGH THIS DIFFICULT TIME
    Last edited by cuckold cancer 8=D; 02-25-2015 at 11:21 PM.

Thanks
    Tremblin' in ma boots

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    It is impossible to stop botting, all they can do is renaming some methods and functions. Perhaps some small adjustments on the server side, but that is it
    Wish the best of luck for them

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dolphinman93 View Post
    It is impossible to stop botting
    Nah.
    It's easy as fuck to stop botting. They just don't really want to/are afraid to because of the affect it will have on them as a business.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Quote Originally Posted by Great Barrier View Post
    Nah.
    It's easy as fuck to stop botting. They just don't really want to/are afraid to because of the affect it will have on them as a business.
    Oh really, explain? arguments please

Thanks
    Oh really, explain? arguments please
    Take HiddenProject for example, from what I remember they've prevented their SWF from being externally loaded. AE could have done this ages ago. They haven't though - why?
    Botters = players. Players = money. Money = business continues.
    Why would they limit their own players? For years they've promised anti-bot systems and never have they actually fulfilled those promises. Like this - there's older ones but I cbf to find.
    HiddenProject can afford to prevent it because enough of their player base plays legitimately, whereas with AQW it would be too much of an impact.
    In any case, I was told pretty much the same thing by an AE staff member Can quote if you'd like.

They learnt from their mistake here, also - http://www.aq.com/gamedesignnotes/tag/bots
    Last edited by Great Barrier; 02-26-2015 at 04:25 AM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Take HiddenProject for example, from what I remember they've prevented their SWF from being externally loaded. AE could have done this ages ago. They haven't though - why?
    Botters = players. Players = money. Money = business continues.
    Why would they limit their own players? For years they've promised anti-bot systems and never have they actually fulfilled those promises. - there's older ones but I cbf to find.
    HiddenProject can afford to prevent it because enough of their player base plays legitimately, whereas with AQW it would be too much of an impact.
    In any case, I was told pretty much the same thing by an AE staff member Can quote if you'd like.

They learnt from their mistake here, also -
    Lol and that is all you can provide? prff if you are referring to the session token or at their logins "Unauthorized access. Please access from our official website." which could be easily bypassed by setting a var on params.strCode.. try again thats a childish protection that my 72 year old grandma could bypass lol
    Anyway i am waiting for a reply from you

Thanks
    Lol and that is all you can provide? prff if you are referring to the session token or at their logins "Unauthorized access. Please access from our official website." which could be easily bypassed by setting a var on params.strCode.. try again thats a childish protection that my 72 year old grandma could bypass lol
    Anyway i am waiting for a reply from you
    Wow, somebody woke up on the wrong side of the bed
    Nice to know you have a 72 year-old grandma, hope she's doing well
    To be honest with you I haven't looked at HP - it's not that though, I know you can get past that. Maybe try externally loading it and see if you can yourself?
    Bear in mind I'm going off faulty memory and rumour so I could be wrong.

In any case, it's still not hard to prevent botting.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Wow, somebody woke up on the wrong side of the bed
    Nice to know you have a 72 year-old grandma, hope she's doing well
    To be honest with you I haven't looked at HP - it's not that though, I know you can get past that. Maybe try externally loading it and see if you can yourself?
    Bear in mind I'm going off faulty memory and rumour so I could be wrong.

In any case, it's still not hard to prevent botting.
    Except from the fact she has some lung problems, she is doing fine
    Yes i am confident saying all that because i looked at their files lol
    It's about time to fresh up your memory son

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Dolphin knows what he's talking about. He is one of the old school

JamesR would know him :P

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MriLLEGAL View Post
    Dolphin knows what he's talking about. He is one of the old school

JamesR would know him :P
    Except from the fact she has some lung problems, she is doing fine
    Yes i am confident saying all that because i looked at their files lol
    It's about time to fresh up your memory son
    Fair enough. I've been out for a while so it's what I can only expect
    There are ways to slow things down for botters though, that they could have done long ago. For example renaming methods and functions as you say.

Here's an interesting quote from an AE staff member I spoke to:
    "To be brutally honest I'm not sure that our company will be able to continue much longer due to the damage that some hackers have done to our foundation and due to the illwill and hurt feelings that have been fostered among our players. I personally feel that if we had been quicker and taken a stronger stance against hacking and botting earlier the games would not have degenerated to their present state. But Artix has always had the philosophy that all players can be good and that we should encourage them to be good instead of punishing them when they aren't. Unfortunately I'm not sure that human nature is really like that and the entitled attitude of the present generation which simply does not realize how much effort it takes to make the things which they are handed for free ends up making the situation even worse."

I still don't think they'll do much, if anything.

Edit -
    Just FYI I'll lose my shit if anyone around here pulls the 'old school' card again. I've been around for 3 years, it's not the longest but it's more than most - I don't go boasting around. @chibizs has been around for much longer - he doesn't either. James has also been around for I don't know how long, and he doesn't use it for personal gain.
    I get it if you've been around longer you'll have more experience, but instead of using it to elevate your standing and compensate for your small cock size, just use your experience to impress with material. People will appreciate it more.
    On top of that, maybe upload an avatar - that way it looks like you're staying rather than visiting for giggles
    Don't mean to offend, just some advice.
    Last edited by Great Barrier; 02-26-2015 at 05:45 AM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Fair enough. I've been out for a while so it's what I can only expect
    There are ways to slow things down for botters though, that they could have done long ago. For example renaming methods and functions as you say.

Here's an interesting quote from an AE staff member I spoke to:
    "To be brutally honest I'm not sure that our company will be able to continue much longer due to the damage that some hackers have done to our foundation and due to the illwill and hurt feelings that have been fostered among our players. I personally feel that if we had been quicker and taken a stronger stance against hacking and botting earlier the games would not have degenerated to their present state. But Artix has always had the philosophy that all players can be good and that we should encourage them to be good instead of punishing them when they aren't. Unfortunately I'm not sure that human nature is really like that and the entitled attitude of the present generation which simply does not realize how much effort it takes to make the things which they are handed for free ends up making the situation even worse."

I still don't think they'll do much, if anything.
    Renaming methods and functions only would be a temporary solution, using old method/function names could be a trap yeah, but then again, could be prevented by any smartass
    They wont lose much player base thinking of it, if i am member and i use bots for some reason, and all the sudden they take measurements, does that give me a alert of "Hey they took measurements! i am going to stop right away with playing"? Not really
    Perhaps they lose a few free players, but does that really matter with such a big player base? Nope.exe

Thanks
    such a big player base
    What player base?
    Also please read my edit of above post

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive

URL

What player base?
    Also please read my edit of above post
    What player base? All players (summed up Botters, Cheaters, Normals, Members);
    Didn't saw your edit till you just said so, let me enlarge my penis-size by saying i have been 3 times longer than ya lol
    You perhaps dont even know what the image below is. Anyhow i'm bringing my input to several (future) subjects, just as you said, bring the experience and knowledge http://i.imgur.com/Hxn2LqD.png

Thanks
    What player base? All players (summed up Botters, Cheaters, Normals, Members);
    Didn't saw your edit till you just said so, let me enlarge my penis-size by saying i have been 3 times longer than ya lol
    You perhaps dont even know what the image below is. Anyhow i'm bringing my input to several (future) subjects, just as you said, bring the experience and knowledge http://i.imgur.com/Hxn2LqD.png

Goodbye player base
    The penis comment was purely for effect, I like the joke though.
    Ok glad to hear it Tbh it was more directed at 'MriLLEGAL' who hasn't failed to mention his duration of stay on the AQWorlds section in a single thread, so it seems. Mentioning it so often causes it to be meaningless anyway

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast