Thanks
    My Mood
    Mellow

Is AE full of nonsense?

Additionally, we have a super-group of ex-hackers (aka "the whitehats"*) who have been helping us for over a year now. Individually, some of these talented coders have been sending us exploit reports for over 5 years. These team members have the coding skill and knowledge to detect old issues and check for new ones, then suggest fixes and workarounds.

These whitehats are using all the tricks and tools and knowledge that ordinary hackers use to attack our game, but the difference is, our whitehats are working alongside the devs to help PROTECT the game. That makes them part of the good guys, and we are lucky to have them on our side!
    Taken from AQW DN's, so do you think they're full of shit?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Atheoi View Post
    Taken from AQW DN's, so do you think they're full of shit?
    Top kek.
    I know of only one guy who joined AE after being a 'hacker'. They may have a group of 'ethical hackers' working to patch exploits but I highly doubt this rubbish about them being 'ex-hackers'.
    If they really have had such a thing "for over five years" - they're doing a pretty shit job because AE's security is still piss poor, and exploits can still be found.

I'm fuckin' done with this. What is AE playing at?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Great Barrier View Post
    Top kek.
    I know of only one guy who joined AE after being a 'hacker'. They may have a group of 'ethical hackers' working to patch exploits but I highly doubt this rubbish about them being 'ex-hackers'.
    If they really have had such a thing "for over five years" - they're doing a pretty shit job because AE's security is still piss poor, and exploits can still be found.

Ikr, at least they finally started figuring out who MPGH members were through IP and cracked accounts XD
    Leave I +Thanks if I helped you

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Great Barrier View Post
    Top kek.

I am not going to cite any sources so beleive what you will but I do know the members of the AE Whitehats. There is one hacker that I can think of that certainly did have the past of an unethical hacker. There are one or two more like this. The other members tend to just be programmers who are white-hats. Also the reason that AE's security is piss poor is due to the fact that they do not listen to their team of hackers.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dzeutch View Post
    I am not going to cite any sources so beleive what you will but I do know the members of the AE Whitehats. There is one hacker that I can think of that certainly did have the past of an unethical hacker. There are one or two more like this. The other members tend to just be programmers who are white-hats. Also the reason that AE's security is piss poor is due to the fact that they do not listen to their team of hackers.
    (Great Barrier is my alt account)
    I've met them all too. They just like having a name and a reputation. They're not actually a threat at all.
    As I've always said, botters still make AE money. All AE have to do is pretend to be against botting, in order to keep it's real users happy. AE don't want to get rid of botters.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Oliboli8769 For This Useful Post:

Dzeutch (02-02-2016)