Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 20
  1. #1
    Ekko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Tavern Brawl
    Posts
    567
    Reputation
    18
    Thanks
    162

    Ares, the god of war (rate)

    Something I made real quick in Photoshop.
    This is my first photomontage after a really, really loooong time (we've been working with vectors in school).
    After some time on MPGH i realized that people prefer Photoshop raster art over vector arts in Illustrator, so I'll start practicing them more.
    If you have any tips or something just type in the comments!

    You can check out my GFX shop in my signature, If you want to buy some work from me.

    New version:


    Old:


    Check out the original picture.
    Last edited by Ekko; 05-19-2016 at 03:52 PM.







  2. #2
    Cloud Anarchy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Athens
    Posts
    717
    Reputation
    13
    Thanks
    51
    My Mood
    Angelic
    I really like the text in this one and the bottom loooks really great.But i think the fire in the background its kinda not needed the highlight on the shield is way too bright (for me at least).Also i think you overused sharpen tool on the render and last but not least i think near the render these red things (splash lighting dunno what this is) makes it look messy if you can erase some of them i think it would look way better.Overall i really like it but i think you can change couple of things for sure. Great job !
    Last edited by Cloud Anarchy; 05-19-2016 at 03:10 PM.







     


    Quote Originally Posted by Deity View Post
    Love this guy - Best designs around!
    Quote Originally Posted by Otisホ View Post
    + rep ,That guy is a god, i just told him what i want, and he did it as i said.Same idea was in my mind, thanks !
    Quote Originally Posted by ashley_cole23199 View Post
    +1 Vouch

    Made me the sickest logo for business, definitely going to be doing future business with him, by far the best graphics designer I've used on mpgh so far!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by rop89 View Post
    Love this guy! So chill, done an amazing job on my thread and also offer free edits? What more could you ask for! THe price was basically nothing! GOing to get him to my avatar and signature soon!

    VOUCH+
    Quote Originally Posted by Heinchein View Post
    +1 for this guy, make me a logo in 2 hours ! +++ Perfect
    Quote Originally Posted by Nice View Post
    Vouch, great designs for an affordable price. Would recommend.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endl3ss View Post
    voch he made me some amazing thread work!

  3. #3
    Gaar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Gender
    male
    Location
    マイホーム
    Posts
    5,088
    Reputation
    780
    Thanks
    1,435
    I'd change/ remove the fire. The sharpen tool is your friend but not to much
    The lighting on the shield doesn't look that good, although I'm not sure what you could do do fix it.
    It looks pretty good overall, love to see more of this :P
    Imposter Warning/useful information
    PM me anytime if you need any help.
    Contact me via |
    "I'm a deadbeat cousin, I hate family reunions
    Fucked the church up by drinkin at the communion
    Spillin free wine, now my tux is ruined
    In town for a day, what the fuck we doin?"

    MPGH Member Since - 06-07-2015
    MPGH Premium Member Since - 11-23-2015
    MPGH Premium Seller Since - 02-05-2016
    MPGH News Force Member (Gaming News) Since - 02-08-2016
    MPGH News Force Member (Art & Design news) Since 07-07-2016
    MPGH Minion (Steam section) Since 11-05-2016
     
    2016/12/08

  4. #4
    Ekko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Tavern Brawl
    Posts
    567
    Reputation
    18
    Thanks
    162
    Quote Originally Posted by nick9185GR View Post
    I really like the text in this one and the bottom loooks really great.But i think the fire in the background its kinda not needed the highlight on the shield is way too bright (for me at least).Also i think you overused sharpen tool on the render and last but not least i think near the render these red things (splash lighting dunno what this is) makes it look messy if you can erase some of them i think it would look way better.Overall i really like it but i think you can change couple of things for sure. Great job !
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaar View Post
    I'd change/ remove the fire. The sharpen tool is your friend but not to much
    The lighting on the shield doesn't look that good, although I'm not sure what you could do do fix it.
    It looks pretty good overall, love to see more of this :P
    Thanks for the tips guys! Haven't done any in long time and love your feedback, I can now improve my work.
    Sorry about the sharpness, the image was rendered on 144 dpi (for retina macs, etc) so It sure looks weird on normal monitors.







  5. #5
    Gaar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Gender
    male
    Location
    マイホーム
    Posts
    5,088
    Reputation
    780
    Thanks
    1,435
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanh View Post
    Thanks for the tips guys! Haven't done any in long time and love your feedback, I can now improve my work.
    Sorry about the sharpness, the image was rendered on 144 dpi (for retina macs, etc) so It sure looks weird on normal monitors.
    Yeah no problem, I was viewing it on my iPhone :P
    Imposter Warning/useful information
    PM me anytime if you need any help.
    Contact me via |
    "I'm a deadbeat cousin, I hate family reunions
    Fucked the church up by drinkin at the communion
    Spillin free wine, now my tux is ruined
    In town for a day, what the fuck we doin?"

    MPGH Member Since - 06-07-2015
    MPGH Premium Member Since - 11-23-2015
    MPGH Premium Seller Since - 02-05-2016
    MPGH News Force Member (Gaming News) Since - 02-08-2016
    MPGH News Force Member (Art & Design news) Since 07-07-2016
    MPGH Minion (Steam section) Since 11-05-2016
     
    2016/12/08

  6. #6
    Ekko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Tavern Brawl
    Posts
    567
    Reputation
    18
    Thanks
    162
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaar View Post


    Yeah no problem, I was viewing it on my iPhone :P
    Made few changes and picture is now at 72 dpi, hope the quality looks okay now







  7. #7
    Gaar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Gender
    male
    Location
    マイホーム
    Posts
    5,088
    Reputation
    780
    Thanks
    1,435
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanh View Post
    Made few changes and picture is now at 72 dpi, hope the quality looks okay now
    Looks much better now.
    Imposter Warning/useful information
    PM me anytime if you need any help.
    Contact me via |
    "I'm a deadbeat cousin, I hate family reunions
    Fucked the church up by drinkin at the communion
    Spillin free wine, now my tux is ruined
    In town for a day, what the fuck we doin?"

    MPGH Member Since - 06-07-2015
    MPGH Premium Member Since - 11-23-2015
    MPGH Premium Seller Since - 02-05-2016
    MPGH News Force Member (Gaming News) Since - 02-08-2016
    MPGH News Force Member (Art & Design news) Since 07-07-2016
    MPGH Minion (Steam section) Since 11-05-2016
     
    2016/12/08

  8. #8
    Cloud Anarchy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Athens
    Posts
    717
    Reputation
    13
    Thanks
    51
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanh View Post
    Made few changes and picture is now at 72 dpi, hope the quality looks okay now
    Indeed it looks better







     


    Quote Originally Posted by Deity View Post
    Love this guy - Best designs around!
    Quote Originally Posted by Otisホ View Post
    + rep ,That guy is a god, i just told him what i want, and he did it as i said.Same idea was in my mind, thanks !
    Quote Originally Posted by ashley_cole23199 View Post
    +1 Vouch

    Made me the sickest logo for business, definitely going to be doing future business with him, by far the best graphics designer I've used on mpgh so far!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by rop89 View Post
    Love this guy! So chill, done an amazing job on my thread and also offer free edits? What more could you ask for! THe price was basically nothing! GOing to get him to my avatar and signature soon!

    VOUCH+
    Quote Originally Posted by Heinchein View Post
    +1 for this guy, make me a logo in 2 hours ! +++ Perfect
    Quote Originally Posted by Nice View Post
    Vouch, great designs for an affordable price. Would recommend.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endl3ss View Post
    voch he made me some amazing thread work!

  9. #9
    Lift's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Memes
    Posts
    1,130
    Reputation
    205
    Thanks
    315
    My Mood
    Amazed
    That looks pretty damn spectacular.

    The only thing out of place is the contrast/lighting of the shield. It seems more extreme than other objects.

    Other than that, this looks like it could be a movie poster.

  10. #10
    Hacker13501's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Gender
    male
    Location
    40°15′9.4″N 58°26′21.8″E
    Posts
    49
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    0
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    I agree with Zippyzap about the brightness of the shield. It's a little too much brightness in contrast with everything else. In fact, I would say that the second picture is just a little bright altogether. Have it in between the first picture and it would be perfect ^^
    Great pictures altogether though ^^

  11. #11
    Ekko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Tavern Brawl
    Posts
    567
    Reputation
    18
    Thanks
    162
    Quote Originally Posted by Hacker13501 View Post
    I agree with Zippyzap about the brightness of the shield. It's a little too much brightness in contrast with everything else. In fact, I would say that the second picture is just a little bright altogether. Have it in between the first picture and it would be perfect ^^
    Great pictures altogether though ^^
    Thanks for the opinion







  12. #12
    Skvler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    24
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    5
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    5/5 this shits sick my man keep it up

  13. #13
    MrBarbarian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    40
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    0
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Better than smite ?)

  14. #14
    Ekko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Tavern Brawl
    Posts
    567
    Reputation
    18
    Thanks
    162
    Thanks for the feedback guys







  15. #15
    junglebunglez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    75
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    5
    My Mood
    Inspired
    THIS, IS, SPARTA!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [Discussion] What are the ban rates here?
    By Zynpol in forum H1Z1 Discussions & Help
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-23-2015, 09:50 PM
  2. [Discussion] dbased,since you are taking a break, why don't you add the god mode back?
    By Warsong in forum Mission Against Terror Discussions
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 03-03-2011, 08:58 PM
  3. Are these Machines the Future of War?
    By Ravallo in forum General
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 01-23-2011, 11:57 AM
  4. where are the war rock section rules?
    By Chaoz222 in forum WarRock Discussions
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-15-2010, 09:47 AM
  5. Who are the super users?
    By SadisticGrin in forum Spammers Corner
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 12-11-2006, 06:03 PM