Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 31 to 43 of 43
  1. #31
    Throw me to the wolves and I will return leading the pack.
    Premium Member
    TheBenefactor's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Anon
    Posts
    459
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    28
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Hey, Im wondering if you know of any graphic designer that can do simple art work for free? if you do could you help a brutha out? Thanks and hmu anytime



    Code:
    Wanna help me out? Send me something by Donation

  2. #32
    olympicwiz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    1,706
    Reputation
    66
    Thanks
    128
    My Mood
    Cheeky
    Loved your work, will contact you soon

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to olympicwiz For This Useful Post:

    NUKE99X (08-14-2016)

  4. #33
    darkplay6xx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Inside cables, the internet, in electricity...
    Posts
    762
    Reputation
    31
    Thanks
    189
    Quote Originally Posted by Blank View Post


    No need to baby the fucker, anyone who makes a shop should be competitive. This isn't competitive, he should practice more and learn the standard. Grow up its the fuckn' Internet.
    If you see a street performer that isn't great, you don't go up to him and say "You're fucking shit go away", you simply mind your own goddamn business and walk away. Simply because its the internet and you don't have to deal with confrontation, implies in no way whatsoever that you need to be an asshole just because you can. Your point is invalid and I now disregard you as a person, but of course you don't care because it's just the internet.

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to darkplay6xx For This Useful Post:

    NUKE99X (08-14-2016)

  6. #34
    Gaar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Gender
    male
    Location
    𝙎𝙪𝙞𝙘𝙞𝙙𝙖𝙡 ♥‿♥
    Posts
    6,421
    Reputation
    852
    Thanks
    1,653
    Quote Originally Posted by darkplay6xx View Post
    If you see a street performer that isn't great, you don't go up to him and say "You're fucking shit go away", you simply mind your own goddamn business and walk away. Simply because its the internet and you don't have to deal with confrontation, implies in no way whatsoever that you need to be an asshole just because you can. Your point is invalid and I now disregard you as a person, but of course you don't care because it's just the internet.
    No that's not how it works at all, A street performer isn't trying to sell his work. He is simply offering people to donate via a hat etc. He is directly trying to make money from it via a business or a shop. If a shop does a bad thing they get backlash, do you not understand? I don't see the point of telling someone there good when there not, that doesn't help them get better or help them at all. If you want someone to get better you need to tell them what there doing wrong. If you go to a big corporation and pitch them your idea do you think there gonna say that its really nice idea if it isn't? No because that's not how it works, people don't baby other people if they want to help them improve. Sure I can be harsher on the IW but that doesn't mean I wouldn't tell someone there gfx is bad irl, in-fact i do it almost everyday. You can disregard me all you want, but babying him isn't gonna help him get better. He needs to learn the standards.

  7. #35
    darkplay6xx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Inside cables, the internet, in electricity...
    Posts
    762
    Reputation
    31
    Thanks
    189
    Quote Originally Posted by Blank View Post


    No that's not how it works at all, A street performer isn't trying to sell his work. He is simply offering people to donate via a hat etc. He is directly trying to make money from it via a business or a shop. If a shop does a bad thing they get backlash, do you not understand? I don't see the point of telling someone there good when there not, that doesn't help them get better or help them at all. If you want someone to get better you need to tell them what there doing wrong. If you go to a big corporation and pitch them your idea do you think there gonna say that its really nice idea if it isn't? No because that's not how it works, people don't baby other people if they want to help them improve. Sure I can be harsher on the IW but that doesn't mean I wouldn't tell someone there gfx is bad irl, in-fact i do it almost everyday. You can disregard me all you want, but babying him isn't gonna help him get better. He needs to learn the standards.
    I never said to say it was good, I said to move on and get on with your life, instead of shitting on others. This guy offering the GFX service is not telling you to pay him, he is saying if you want to buy his services then you pay. I don't know why you are going on about 'babying' him, you're either calling his work shit or giving him advice. ADVICE however, will help him get better, and it does not involve saying derogatory statements about his work.

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to darkplay6xx For This Useful Post:

    NUKE99X (08-14-2016)

  9. #36
    gimleey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    13
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    5
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by IV2B View Post
    At the top and the bottom of the design, the transition between the content and the background should not be blurred.
    There are a bunch of typos and some sentences really don't sound professional, plus the section where you list your prices is badly formatted.
    Lastly, the design is not consistent: some choices are overused and others don't fit (such as the blurred outlines).
    I agree so far with what you said although I don't think that the consistency is the main "problem". What's bothering me more is the Typography. The very thin white font almost vanished behind that dominant dark background. I always try use bold, blocky fonts for when I work with a darker background or at least with a shadow or a subtle Outer Glow.

    For the price section I would align the text differently. Use a centered or block alignment for example. Alternatively you could align them depending on their position (left text - left alignment, text in the middle - centered etc.)
    Try to pay more attention to the distance between your individual elements. I don't know which software you use but Photoshop CC gives you important hints as to where to place them.

    Otherwise, the blurry edge, as mentioned seems out of place, personally I would've chosen an even darker background but that's just a preference, the skype button should've been round to correspond better with the other buttons but otherwise the design is not bad. It definitely follows current trends in terms of being short, clean and simple. Don't see this as some kind of discouragement just as well-meant criticism. :P

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Blank View Post


    No that's not how it works at all, A street performer isn't trying to sell his work. He is simply offering people to donate via a hat etc. He is directly trying to make money from it via a business or a shop. If a shop does a bad thing they get backlash, do you not understand? I don't see the point of telling someone there good when there not, that doesn't help them get better or help them at all. If you want someone to get better you need to tell them what there doing wrong. If you go to a big corporation and pitch them your idea do you think there gonna say that its really nice idea if it isn't? No because that's not how it works, people don't baby other people if they want to help them improve. Sure I can be harsher on the IW but that doesn't mean I wouldn't tell someone there gfx is bad irl, in-fact i do it almost everyday. You can disregard me all you want, but babying him isn't gonna help him get better. He needs to learn the standards.
    Quote Originally Posted by darkplay6xx View Post
    I never said to say it was good, I said to move on and get on with your life, instead of shitting on others. This guy offering the GFX service is not telling you to pay him, he is saying if you want to buy his services then you pay. I don't know why you are going on about 'babying' him, you're either calling his work shit or giving him advice. ADVICE however, will help him get better, and it does not involve saying derogatory statements about his work.
    Well, the comparison to a street performer isn't the best one since even though the artist expects people to give him money he would still perform if they didn't. I don't see a problem with him selling his work since it's an open market and perhaps there is demand for his work. The OP does seem creative and he doesn't use templates or anything of that sort so there definitely is potential and room for improvement. In the end we're all just here to showcase, get feedback and hopefully improve. :3
    Last edited by gimleey; 08-13-2016 at 08:19 AM.

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to gimleey For This Useful Post:

    NUKE99X (08-14-2016)

  11. #37
    NUKE99X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    324
    Reputation
    26
    Thanks
    72
    My Mood
    Devilish
    Quote Originally Posted by gimleey View Post
    I agree so far with what you said although I don't think that the consistency is the main "problem". What's bothering me more is the Typography. The very thin white font almost vanished behind that dominant dark background. I always try use bold, blocky fonts for when I work with a darker background or at least with a shadow or a subtle Outer Glow.

    For the price section I would align the text differently. Use a centered or block alignment for example. Alternatively you could align them depending on their position (left text - left alignment, text in the middle - centered etc.)
    Try to pay more attention to the distance between your individual elements. I don't know which software you use but Photoshop CC gives you important hints as to where to place them.

    Otherwise, the blurry edge, as mentioned seems out of place, personally I would've chosen an even darker background but that's just a preference, the skype button should've been round to correspond better with the other buttons but otherwise the design is not bad. It definitely follows current trends in terms of being short, clean and simple. Don't see this as some kind of discouragement just as well-meant criticism. :P

    - - - Updated - - -





    Well, the comparison to a street performer isn't the best one since even though the artist expects people to give him money he would still perform if they didn't. I don't see a problem with him selling his work since it's an open market and perhaps there is demand for his work. The OP does seem creative and he doesn't use templates or anything of that sort so there definitely is potential and room for improvement. In the end we're all just here to showcase, get feedback and hopefully improve. :3
    I learned on how to make them more simpler, so hopefully my future designs for others will look better, I always wanted to do minimalistic dark themes.

    Thanks.

    Kuchidzuke daiyamondo wo anata no yubi ni watasou
    Katachi no nai yakusoku itsu datte omoi dashite
    Shashin ni nokoranai omoi de wo yakitsukete
    Futari no yakusoku ga kuchiguse de owaranu you ni
    oboetete

  12. #38
    Throw me to the wolves and I will return leading the pack.
    Premium Member
    TheBenefactor's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Anon
    Posts
    459
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    28
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Great designs!! Would vouch! Goodluck



    Code:
    Wanna help me out? Send me something by Donation

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to TheBenefactor For This Useful Post:

    NUKE99X (08-14-2016)

  14. #39
    The Illest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Gender
    female
    Posts
    124
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    7
    Definitely looks good. I'm going to have to hit you up for a sig sometime.

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to The Illest For This Useful Post:

    NUKE99X (08-15-2016)

  16. #40
    Eirozytel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    43
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    1
    My Mood
    Happy
    Added you on skype

  17. #41
    NUKE99X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    324
    Reputation
    26
    Thanks
    72
    My Mood
    Devilish
    Bump
    /2short

    Kuchidzuke daiyamondo wo anata no yubi ni watasou
    Katachi no nai yakusoku itsu datte omoi dashite
    Shashin ni nokoranai omoi de wo yakitsukete
    Futari no yakusoku ga kuchiguse de owaranu you ni
    oboetete

  18. #42
    Lift's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Memes
    Posts
    1,127
    Reputation
    205
    Thanks
    315
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Nice-looking thread design!

  19. The Following User Says Thank You to Lift For This Useful Post:

    NUKE99X (09-29-2016)

  20. #43
    NUKE99X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    324
    Reputation
    26
    Thanks
    72
    My Mood
    Devilish
    Bump

    /2short

    Kuchidzuke daiyamondo wo anata no yubi ni watasou
    Katachi no nai yakusoku itsu datte omoi dashite
    Shashin ni nokoranai omoi de wo yakitsukete
    Futari no yakusoku ga kuchiguse de owaranu you ni
    oboetete

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Similar Threads

  1. FINALLY GOT PHOTOSHOP WORKING
    By Saboteur in forum Showroom
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-06-2012, 04:42 PM
  2. My Photoshop Work
    By bdumaine1 in forum Showroom
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-10-2011, 03:58 PM
  3. [Release] StarBunny's Simple Chams (Working)
    By starbunny219 in forum Combat Arms Hacks & Cheats
    Replies: 78
    Last Post: 07-19-2010, 10:09 AM
  4. A.V.A Simple Chams [working undetected]
    By tabbyowns in forum Alliance of Valiant Arms (AVA) Hacks & Cheats
    Replies: 55
    Last Post: 10-18-2009, 01:31 PM
  5. Simple Chams WORK!
    By romanman08 in forum Combat Arms Hacks & Cheats
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-06-2009, 04:50 PM