Thread: Section Crop?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Liz, I'm not trying to tell you how to run anything,
    but it seems to me that you're just deleting threads that you don't want to see..
    forums are sucessful through their users, maybe perhaps hear us out a little before dropping the axe on a thread you don't like?

Anyway, as I tried to say in the other thread..
    yes you're right there should be more varied art competitions,
    but I'm just saying, doing away with the sotw isn't a good idea imo.
    A lot of beginners start out with tags,
    and many people here actually enjoy the sotw, including myself.
    Why fix something that is not broken?
    We just got it running smoothly for once, due to the vote team..
    and now it's being pushed into a corner?

I think LAOTW, AND SOTW would work nicely..
    but as seperate competions.
    I would say photo of the week too..
    but how many people here are serious photographers?
    Anyway, don't get me wrong, I do appreciate what you're doing here..
    it means you care about the section, I understand that..
    but you can't expect every idea to be gold.

Thanks
    why does sotw have to stop for now
    there is no good reason
    were still getting entries in
    what difference does it make pausing then running it agian
    none absolutely none
    do what u will but as someone who knows the people in the gfx section well they will respect u more for making the right choice and keeping sotw running
    this way some will see u as a control freak and the one thing u swore u werent
    A bitch
    that is not meant offensively but that is kind of the attitude you are taking atm with all this
    be open to ideas and consider those of the public

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Funny those "ideas" only seem to come from three people Sam, BSG, and Songki. The main ideas came from Arun, Smithy and myself, they were talked with Shayne and other members of the new GFX team. My stand is simple, follow or get out. We did things your way for quite some time and it didnt work, now its my turn. My goals are simple

Traffic
    Members feel welcome and can participate
    Site's GFX needs.

The new team will have to take care of these, and like i said this is all still in planning. It has all been cleared, and things will continue to get better. BTW i delete threads that violate the rules, incite flaming or are not presented in the proper manner. Now enough, get used to it because its not gonna change. This comes from higher ups and myself and last time i checked I owe explanations to none of you.

Click Here to Become a MPGH Premium Member by Donating $25 or More.

If anyone claims to be me via MSN/Skype/Email or any other source outside of MPGH private or visitor messages, IT'S NOT ME!
    They are trying to trick or scam you. Report them immediately and PM me here for verification.
    "Donít confuse my personality with my attitude. My personality is who I am. My attitude depends on who you are." ó Frank Ocean
    Moderator: 5/2009-10/2009 | GMod: 10/2009-10/2010 | Staff Administrator: 10/2010-Present

Stupid/Pointless Private messages = SPAM, SPAM = BAN.

Thanks
    u dont owe them to us
    but a good leader would give them
    we had my school captain election the other day and one of the girls talked about the difference between a leader and a boss
    if u took the role of a leader and listended to those under you and gave an explenation people would respect you
    if u act like a boss who places themselves above the rest they will turn to spite you
    but maybe you dont care about that becasue if people spite you you simply ban them

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Basically, yes. I sleep just the same, so yeah. People will always disagree, some (most thus far) thank me for the opportunity to participate, and be included, and some disagree and say im ignoring opinions. Truth is the other side will always think you are wrong and an abomination for not following what they say. So yeah in this occasion, ive sided with the side that I feel is right. That gets rid of exclusion, and changes things for the better, there are plenty of GFX sites if you wish to do things a bit more sheepish, but this is just a section, and a dead one at that, that we will try and bring back to life.
    Last edited by Liz; 08-17-2010 at 01:07 AM.

If anyone claims to be me via MSN/Skype/Email or any other source outside of MPGH private or visitor messages, IT'S NOT ME!
    They are trying to trick or scam you. Report them immediately and PM me here for verification.
    "Donít confuse my personality with my attitude. My personality is who I am. My attitude depends on who you are." ó Frank Ocean
    Moderator: 5/2009-10/2009 | GMod: 10/2009-10/2010 | Staff Administrator: 10/2010-Present

Thanks
    liz this is your chance to set what people see you as the leader or the boss
    use it as a learning opportunity and see it as a challenge

Thanks
    My Mood
    Blah
    You guys knew there were going to be changes. Why are you arguing about SOTW? It can still be done weekly along with other competitions, this place was way to monotone for a graphic section. There wasn't enough flare or creativity, new tournaments and competitions need to be explored into regardless of if they fail or not, it's about learning what works and what doesn't, we're never going to do that if you stick with the same routine every week.

He Who Dares Wins
    And i'll die to win, cause i'm born to lose
    Fucking Civilian

Thanks
    i no longer think they dont need to be explored
    i just believe it is possible to have new things and still have the oldthings
    and speeking of competitions ill start the tournament now

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrcrw_III View Post
    i no longer think they dont need to be explored
    i just believe it is possible to have new things and still have the oldthings
    and speeking of competitions ill start the tournament now
    Like i said, no one said SoTW will be gone forever, before your guys little rant, i was just gonna skip a week or two (since currently the VIP is not updated anyway) to promote and get people used to the AoTW. Aotw will be weekly, and the 4 winners will compete in a monthly AoTM, and that winner will receive a grand prize, SoTW will be for people who just like/can do sigs and nothing else. Video of the week will follow along with written art. but thats for the future. I have people working on tags and badges for SoTW winners, and AoTW winners as well atm. So it was never gonna get pushed out, but you guys like to be over dramatic and assume the worst so why should i relieve that.

Thanks
    the thing is liz why didnt u just come out and say all this stuff in the first place
    woulda helped a lot
    but u didnt think of it cause it didnt make a differnce to you
    and if it doesnt make a difference to you then it is un needed

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrcrw_III View Post
    the thing is liz why didnt u just come out and say all this stuff in the first place
    woulda helped a lot
    but u didnt think of it cause it didnt make a differnce to you
    and if it doesnt make a difference to you then it is un needed
    I did share that, with the Team leaders. Shayne included. now do pray tell why should i tell you, when you were so beautifully making an ass out of yourself. Perhaps instead of throwing fits you could have asked what the plans were. Then myself or others could have provided an answer. anyway, thread addressed and just spam at this point. so closed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12