Thread: GFX Team Leads

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive

GFX Team Leads

Since I don't see much activity coming from the team, besides pretty much only from Haze, and leon, then im guessing we either need new members or make some team leads, or you guys can pick your jrs.

Click Here to Become a MPGH Premium Member by Donating $25 or More.

If anyone claims to be me via MSN/Skype/Email or any other source outside of MPGH private or visitor messages, IT'S NOT ME!
    They are trying to trick or scam you. Report them immediately and PM me here for verification.
    "Donít confuse my personality with my attitude. My personality is who I am. My attitude depends on who you are." ó Frank Ocean
    Moderator: 5/2009-10/2009 | GMod: 10/2009-10/2010 | Staff Administrator: 10/2010-Present

Stupid/Pointless Private messages = SPAM, SPAM = BAN.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    I suggest specific delegation.

Like Haze can do SOTW's, Leon do whatever it is that he does well. and I'll do the Graphics section and handle moderation controls and anything else that I see needs doing.

Sorry for the inactivity for the past few days. Was house-sitting and got into trouble with parents so I had limited access.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sneaky
    Oh hooray I get stuck with doing all the posting ): Naws, I'd be happy to do SOTW/AOTW/*OTW if need be.

I do suggest some new people though in the team, or atleast some Jrs so it looks like we do something.. (Or it looks like they do stuff for us)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Blah
    I've only just got my PC back up an running this weekend.
    Jrs seem a good idea if they actually contribute.

He Who Dares Wins
    And i'll die to win, cause i'm born to lose
    Fucking Civilian

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    The first thing we have to take into account is overall activity of the section. There's not a lot right now. Whether it's because of school starting up for people, changes people don't agree with, people being kicked out, or just plain not being able to find the section (yes, it's plausible, I've got several PM's asking me where it is), there's just not that much.
    The second thing is the level of control, and who it's given to. All I've heard is that all ideas have to be passed through Liz and Spawn before anything can be done. Personally, that makes me feel as if I don't have the right to do anything. I think there's also a simple fix for that. like Shayne suggested, I think each team member should be given a specific part of the section to manage. And have that be it.
    About the Jr's, they have been a help in the past when it came to the GFX team not being able to handle all the activity. They posted renders when the team wasn't online, sometimes started SOTW, but there are two things to be considered. The first is that if specific jobs are given to individuals, then everyone will have a pretty good handle on things, and there will be no need for juniors. The second thing is, there has to be people to BE juniors, and people for the juniors, and the team for that matter, to organize and lead.
    As of now, there's hardly anyone. All of the the things I listed above are possible contributing factors. I'm not pointing any fingers either, we're all equally responsible.
    But the higher ups have to get on the ball with this, and give some of the team members some freedom and authority, so we can help as well.
    I'm happy to make a Jr. application thread, but I don't think they're necessary. Adding Jr's would be moving too fast into a still-developing environment. Unwise, in my opinion. Steps need to be taken and evaluated one at a time.

That's all I have to say.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Blah
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post

The second thing is the level of control, and who it's given to. All I've heard is that all ideas have to be passed through Liz and Spawn before anything can be done. Personally, that makes me feel as if I don't have the right to do anything.
    In regards to this you can follow through any ideas you want, but if it's something that requires the full teams attention, then of course we would like it run by us first of all.

As for activity levels, you should see that increase as more tutorials are released by the team.
    Activity has dropped a large percent just due to school starting, remembering most people on this site are aged 16-, means school is taking up a large portion of there day.
    Last edited by SpaWn; 09-12-2010 at 01:48 PM.

He Who Dares Wins
    And i'll die to win, cause i'm born to lose
    Fucking Civilian

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Like spawn said, its only the big things u need to run by him/shayne. (Extra teams/contests) etc, right now the team itself has only two things to really keep an eye out for, Contests and tutorials, thats it, as long as those two run smooth the rest of your time can be used for w/e. I'm not a GFX head or any of the sort, I've got bigger responsibilities to tackle, so just keep an eye out for those two, speak b/w yourselves and use this section often.

If anyone claims to be me via MSN/Skype/Email or any other source outside of MPGH private or visitor messages, IT'S NOT ME!
    They are trying to trick or scam you. Report them immediately and PM me here for verification.
    "Donít confuse my personality with my attitude. My personality is who I am. My attitude depends on who you are." ó Frank Ocean
    Moderator: 5/2009-10/2009 | GMod: 10/2009-10/2010 | Staff Administrator: 10/2010-Present

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    The first thing we have to take into account is overall activity of the section. There's not a lot right now. Whether it's because of school starting up for people, changes people don't agree with, people being kicked out, or just plain not being able to find the section (yes, it's plausible, I've got several PM's asking me where it is), there's just not that much.
    The second thing is the level of control, and who it's given to. All I've heard is that all ideas have to be passed through Liz and Spawn before anything can be done. Personally, that makes me feel as if I don't have the right to do anything. I think there's also a simple fix for that. like Shayne suggested, I think each team member should be given a specific part of the section to manage. And have that be it.
    About the Jr's, they have been a help in the past when it came to the GFX team not being able to handle all the activity. They posted renders when the team wasn't online, sometimes started SOTW, but there are two things to be considered. The first is that if specific jobs are given to individuals, then everyone will have a pretty good handle on things, and there will be no need for juniors. The second thing is, there has to be people to BE juniors, and people for the juniors, and the team for that matter, to organize and lead.
    As of now, there's hardly anyone. All of the the things I listed above are possible contributing factors. I'm not pointing any fingers either, we're all equally responsible.
    But the higher ups have to get on the ball with this, and give some of the team members some freedom and authority, so we can help as well.
    I'm happy to make a Jr. application thread, but I don't think they're necessary. Adding Jr's would be moving too fast into a still-developing environment. Unwise, in my opinion. Steps need to be taken and evaluated one at a time.

That's all I have to say.
    I wholeheartedly agree.

Who would be willing to handle SOTW and who will be willing to handle AOTW? I'd prefer if there were two separate people handling these, that way it would be more efficient. If people don't mind I can run SOTW in conjunction with Haze, Say I can do entry threads and he can do vote threads, and another duo can run AOTW in conjunction with SOTW (perhaps Ryan with Czar/Leon).

We also need a set time-frame for both the competitions, with the specific timezones for each member to avoid confusion.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sneaky
    Quote Originally Posted by drsynyster View Post

I wholeheartedly agree.

Who would be willing to handle SOTW and who will be willing to handle AOTW? I'd prefer if there were two separate people handling these, that way it would be more efficient. If people don't mind I can run SOTW in conjunction with Haze, Say I can do entry threads and he can do vote threads, and another duo can run AOTW in conjunction with SOTW (perhaps Ryan with Czar/Leon).

We also need a set time-frame for both the competitions, with the specific timezones for each member to avoid confusion.
    That's fine imo, aslong as its not you with another team member because of the timezones, makes it hard. But yeah, the activity has dropped and it is because of school. I'll also be dropping my activity because of exams, I'd rather focus on them than the site.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Quote Originally Posted by Haze View Post
    That's fine imo, aslong as its not you with another team member because of the timezones, makes it hard. But yeah, the activity has dropped and it is because of school. I'll also be dropping my activity because of exams, I'd rather focus on them than the site.
    Similar sort of situation for me. But I try to be on whenever I can. If something needs to be done just drop a PM by me or notify me when I'm on MSN.

Thanks
    I honestly don't do shit besides my own graphics and a few requests. I'd be fine handling AOTW.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Well w/e you feel is needed. just work out a schedule guys, SoTW is just sitting there, there isnt a AoTW up yet.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    I think it would be good to change AOTW to AOTM as well.
    Just so they're not going on at the same time.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    W/e you guys decide, talk amongst each other, come up with plans etc.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    I'll make a thread in a little bit when I get home about who wants what, the switch from AOTW to AOTM, etc.