Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 35
  1. #16
    Anti Hero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    29
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    2
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    I think I would go into the 2011 newcomers category for this right? Since I've only joined a few weeks before New Years. Anyways, I hope to become an active member in these sections until 2012.

  2. #17
    name13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    1,744
    Reputation
    55
    Thanks
    80
    My Mood
    Bored
    Theere should be more competitions you know what I mean like laotw and shit

  3. #18
    Ryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    7,924
    Reputation
    411
    Thanks
    998
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Quote Originally Posted by Armalite42 View Post
    I think that Drawing + Paintings should not include graffiti and/or computer or Photoshop art.. but rather actual Paint and pencil kind of work..?
    With the thread tags, that will be taken care of, even with only on sub-forum.

    Quote Originally Posted by arunforce View Post

    and also ask liz.
    The right people need to be in charge...

    Quote Originally Posted by Zen View Post
    i agree, the leagues should be brought back (if they arent still around, i havent seen em) and it shouldnt just be sig of the week, it should be an overall art comp picked from the winners of each section i guess.
    I don't want an LP of mine going up against someone's rap, it's retarded and makes no sense.

    Also, would it not be beneficial to have two mods like the old days?
    Assuming we're going to grow a good bit, we'll need more than one person running this place.
    And I mean someone from the team or a retired member, not a GM or admin saying "I can help in my spare time".
    We had the EnergyK/Doc team, and the Doc/Flash team and it worked well.

  4. #19
    Ryguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Gender
    male
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    6,380
    Reputation
    127
    Thanks
    854
    I think this is a great idea, however I think you should separate music/lit from graphic design simply because its not graphic design. Unless you were to change the general forum to something more broad I don't think music would fit.

    As for the two mod idea that Ryan suggested, it would work as long as both members were active. It's worked before, but when I was a mod for this section before the gfx team went inactive due to people making their own sites and so on. The team now is pretty dedicated though so I don't see any problems arising.


    And @ scrcrw- I'm not the leader of this section. Just think of me as a part of the team with the power to clean the forum. I wasn't here for a long time and things have definitely changed and I in no way want to change anything. I am for change but I am not going to lead change or become some sort of dictator making all the decisions.

  5. #20
    Doc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    female
    Location
    In your meatus
    Posts
    23,560
    Reputation
    2912
    Thanks
    5,336
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryguy View Post
    I think this is a great idea, however I think you should separate music/lit from graphic design simply because its not graphic design. Unless you were to change the general forum to something more broad I don't think music would fit.

    As for the two mod idea that Ryan suggested, it would work as long as both members were active. It's worked before, but when I was a mod for this section before the gfx team went inactive due to people making their own sites and so on. The team now is pretty dedicated though so I don't see any problems arising.


    And @ scrcrw- I'm not the leader of this section. Just think of me as a part of the team with the power to clean the forum. I wasn't here for a long time and things have definitely changed and I in no way want to change anything. I am for change but I am not going to lead change or become some sort of dictator making all the decisions.
    Either music and/or lit gets its own forum like before, or its own tag in this section. I don't want more sub-forums just for a few members to get their fix. But yes, you and I should moderate this section, but I would like to take charge of this change along with support from any member who supports my ideas. This change will not accomplish anything without the backing of you, the graphics team, and anyone who sees benefit from the Graphics Section.

  6. #21
    Ryguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Gender
    male
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    6,380
    Reputation
    127
    Thanks
    854
    Well it would work with it being the way you said it but then you might lose some people. Like if I'm looking to post some music i just wrote or w.e. I'm not gonna go to Graphic Design.

    I think we should bring back jr gfx, even though that turned into a mess. It just gives people the feeling that they're involved and perhaps they'll stay and others will try to work towards it.

  7. #22
    Scrcrw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    8,229
    Reputation
    95
    Thanks
    808
    My Mood
    Angelic
    we dont need jrs, they dont do anything
    what we need is some new blood and activity
    tbh i did more when i was on the team than you do as the minion
    when it was just shayne and i with ryan as jr it was the bomb
    we actually did stuff


    Shifty sexy shit


  8. #23
    Ryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    7,924
    Reputation
    411
    Thanks
    998
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrcrw View Post
    we dont need jrs, they dont do anything
    what we need is some new blood and activity
    tbh i did more when i was on the team than you do as the minion
    when it was just shayne and i with ryan as jr it was the bomb
    we actually did stuff
    Lol Jr's were retarded.

  9. #24
    Zen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Eating a fucking burrito.
    Posts
    5,402
    Reputation
    239
    Thanks
    299
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Quote Originally Posted by Armalite42 View Post
    I think that Drawing + Paintings should not include graffiti and/or computer or Photoshop art.. but rather actual Paint and pencil kind of work..?
    if you nix graff the painting section, then we deserve our own spot. plus it is painting, we use spray paint just because we dont use fucking brushes doesnt mean we arent painters.


    and i meant that there Painting VS Photo manip. VS etc. not hand done art vs lyrical art. -.-

  10. #25
    Irony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    MPGH where else?
    Posts
    5,969
    Reputation
    285
    Thanks
    539
    My Mood
    Busy
    Art section is almost dead, we need to step it up.

  11. #26
    Ryguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Gender
    male
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    6,380
    Reputation
    127
    Thanks
    854
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post


    Lol Jr's were retarded.
    Back then that's how we were able to keep atleast about 15 active members in the section that we could rely on to give accurate and good feedback.

  12. #27
    Gab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Qc, Canada
    Posts
    6,658
    Reputation
    1498
    Thanks
    1,466
    Quote Originally Posted by Vocal View Post
    Art section is almost dead, we need to step it up.
    we need to advertise this section in the others section /boh

  13. #28
    Zen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Eating a fucking burrito.
    Posts
    5,402
    Reputation
    239
    Thanks
    299
    My Mood
    Cynical
    a lot of sections are dying, except the computer hacks, and this new URL wont help the situation either

  14. #29
    Ryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    7,924
    Reputation
    411
    Thanks
    998
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Quote Originally Posted by Zen View Post
    a lot of sections are dying, except the computer hacks, and this new URL wont help the situation either
    This domain is only temporary for the time between now and when Dave sues 1&1's asses.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryguy View Post


    Back then that's how we were able to keep atleast about 15 active members in the section that we could rely on to give accurate and good feedback.
    We need people first.
    Just saying.
    Jr's got stupid when I was the only one and I was practically on the team without the name color and tag.

  15. #30
    Ryguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Gender
    male
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    6,380
    Reputation
    127
    Thanks
    854
    Well still though, a lot of people back then were working hard to get on the team. It worked out good for a while and then there were just some other things that needed tending to and the jr gfx team just kinda died out.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast