every drum matches each heart, a single beat,
    live free, life abundant, feel the breeze,
    the music rides the flow of your veins,
    your feet take control over your beliefs,
    fears lift like smoke in the warm summer air,
    the scent of earth, lemon trees, and the sea,
    they call to you, open you to your dreams,
    now is time to let go, touch the forbidden,
    and with it reach a blissful earthly place always hidden.
    this is my land, my soil, my blood,
    the soft hills and rocky mountains of my bones,
    My Sicily, alive with pure history,
    I miss your soft dewy caress upon my small face,
    your eternal flowery perfume,
    Your soft spoken horrors that filled my heart with pure sorrow,
    But you are mine, my own, my soul,
    and I am, most truly, forever yours...
    Last edited by Liz; 04-27-2011 at 11:51 PM.

Click Here to Become a MPGH Premium Member by Donating $25 or More.

If anyone claims to be me via MSN/Skype/Email or any other source outside of MPGH private or visitor messages, IT'S NOT ME!
    They are trying to trick or scam you. Report them immediately and PM me here for verification.
    "Don’t confuse my personality with my attitude. My personality is who I am. My attitude depends on who you are." — Frank Ocean
    Moderator: 5/2009-10/2009 | GMod: 10/2009-10/2010 | Staff Administrator: 10/2010-Present

Stupid/Pointless Private messages = SPAM, SPAM = BAN.

Thanks
    I've read every poem in this section, including those that aren't yours. We all know you can write, but you definitely have some competition here. There are some other talented writers around MPGH as well as the real world that I've read. I'll be honest, you're not the best poet in all the land, but you're really good and I see you as a person who will continue to better yourself, as you have told me about your will to be the best.

However, that aside, this poem stands out as being among the prettiest poems I've ever read. The imagery is outstandingly lucid, the flow is beautiful, and the metaphors and personification detailing Sicily's marvelous landscape and your connection to it as being the root of your existence ... damn. Also, I realize the connection with sicily and a person, but that goes without mentioning.

Definitely not a poem you come away from with new wisdom or a sense of intellectual or spiritual enlightenment, but it's just so fucking beautifully written.
    Last edited by Scruffy; 04-28-2011 at 12:18 AM.

Gifts
    Czar [x][x]
    Liz [x][x]

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Thank you, from the heart, I truly appreciate your sincerity, and really it gives me hope to keep writing and sharing these rambled thoughts and images with the world.

If anyone claims to be me via MSN/Skype/Email or any other source outside of MPGH private or visitor messages, IT'S NOT ME!
    They are trying to trick or scam you. Report them immediately and PM me here for verification.
    "Don’t confuse my personality with my attitude. My personality is who I am. My attitude depends on who you are." — Frank Ocean
    Moderator: 5/2009-10/2009 | GMod: 10/2009-10/2010 | Staff Administrator: 10/2010-Present

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    I've put Scotland on hold.

New destination: Sicily!

Well composed as usual, very descriptive and aquaints the reader with some pleasant landscape visions.
    I relate rather well to this piece because I feel the same way about a strip of the Apalachian mountains in VT.

Thanks for the share, and nicely done.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Thank you.