Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 34
  1. #16
    Liz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Gender
    female
    Location
    Karnaca
    Posts
    30,668
    Reputation
    4094
    Thanks
    17,829
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Gotcha .


    Click Here to Become a MPGH Premium Member by Donating $25 or More.

    If anyone claims to be me via MSN/Skype/Email or any other source outside of MPGH private or visitor messages, IT'S NOT ME!
    They are trying to trick or scam you. Report them immediately and PM me here for verification.
    "Don’t confuse my personality with my attitude. My personality is who I am. My attitude depends on who you are." — Frank Ocean
    Moderator: 5/2009-10/2009 | GMod: 10/2009-10/2010 | Staff Administrator: 10/2010-Present
     
    Stupid/Pointless Private messages = SPAM, SPAM = BAN.

  2. #17
    Mr.Seyeko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Gender
    female
    Posts
    7,491
    Reputation
    927
    Thanks
    1,196
    My Mood
    Stressed
    Quote Originally Posted by Liz View Post
    I don't know why you people hate topaz so much... /maws
    They like to bitch just to bitch.
    i call it white people problems

    got nothing better to do but bitch.


  3. #18
    Ethereal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    13,518
    Reputation
    1850
    Thanks
    3,160
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by iTzSeyeko View Post
    They like to bitch just to bitch.
    i call it white people problems

    got nothing better to do but bitch.
    Right. Coming from the main abuser of that plug in here.
    You post in the showroom for cnc,expect to get honesty. Otherwise image sharing.
    Use it right and maybe people won't "bitch" so much.
    Until then, deal with it.

  4. #19
    You have enemies? Good, that means you stood up for something.
    MPGH Member
    scotbud123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Azeroth
    Posts
    2,754
    Reputation
    86
    Thanks
    212
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post


    It covers up a lot of flaws in basic elements. We don't hate it for any reason other than wanting the whores to learn the right way.
    "The right way"? Why are you able to deem the right and wrong way to make art? If it looks cool and people enjoy it does it REALLY matter if someone used an easier method than yours to make it?

    I mean, if it "covers up a lot of flaws in basic elements" then why can you blame people if they use it the way it was designed? (To fix those flaws...)
    Last edited by scotbud123; 05-14-2012 at 07:20 PM.








     





















  5. #20
    Matt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    The GFX section
    Posts
    3,966
    Reputation
    31
    Thanks
    423
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Quote Originally Posted by scotbud123 View Post
    "The right way"? Why are you able to deem the right and wrong way to make art? If it looks cool and people enjoy it does it REALLY matter if someone used an easier method than yours to make it?

    I mean, if it "covers up a lot of flaws in basic elements" then why can you blame people if they use it the way it was designed? (To fix those flaws...)
    For example, if everyone in the world had the ability to make "good" art, now none of them are good, since they are all equal. Those with the actual skill will always come out on top.
    Quote Originally Posted by ViciousArt
    And I've been doing photoshop work for a very long time, and I've never heard of BLANE.

  6. #21
    You have enemies? Good, that means you stood up for something.
    MPGH Member
    scotbud123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Azeroth
    Posts
    2,754
    Reputation
    86
    Thanks
    212
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post


    For example, if everyone in the world had the ability to make "good" art, now none of them are good, since they are all equal. Those with the actual skill will always come out on top.
    If those with "actual skill" will always come out on top then there's no need to worry about people "whoring" topaz now is there?








     





















  7. #22
    Matt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    The GFX section
    Posts
    3,966
    Reputation
    31
    Thanks
    423
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Quote Originally Posted by scotbud123 View Post
    If those with "actual skill" will always come out on top then there's no need to worry about people "whoring" topaz now is there?
    We're not worrying. We're complaining how they think they have skill, in which you're defending them.
    Quote Originally Posted by ViciousArt
    And I've been doing photoshop work for a very long time, and I've never heard of BLANE.

  8. #23
    You have enemies? Good, that means you stood up for something.
    MPGH Member
    scotbud123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Azeroth
    Posts
    2,754
    Reputation
    86
    Thanks
    212
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post


    We're not worrying. We're complaining how they think they have skill, in which you're defending them.
    I'm defending them because you can't say it's not art just because in your mind it took less "Skill" to make.

    I think a lot of his pieces look awesome and I'm glad he made them and I got the chance to see such bad ass works of art. I don't care what amount of skill he needed to do it, I just care that it looked good. Art can't be defined by certain criteria, that's what makes it art. Stop trying to give it a rubric, it won't work.








     





















  9. #24
    Matt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    The GFX section
    Posts
    3,966
    Reputation
    31
    Thanks
    423
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Quote Originally Posted by scotbud123 View Post
    I'm defending them because you can't say it's not art just because in your mind it took less "Skill" to make.

    I think a lot of his pieces look awesome and I'm glad he made them and I got the chance to see such bad ass works of art. I don't care what amount of skill he needed to do it, I just care that it looked good. Art can't be defined by certain criteria, that's what makes it art. Stop trying to give it a rubric, it won't work.
    I kind of imagine this is the same reasoning people like Apple computers.

    Another thing, when did I say it wasn't art? I haven't given that sort of opinion in this thread for you to make such an assumption.
    Quote Originally Posted by ViciousArt
    And I've been doing photoshop work for a very long time, and I've never heard of BLANE.

  10. #25
    You have enemies? Good, that means you stood up for something.
    MPGH Member
    scotbud123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Azeroth
    Posts
    2,754
    Reputation
    86
    Thanks
    212
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post


    I kind of imagine this is the same reasoning people like Apple computers.

    Another thing, when did I say it wasn't art? I haven't given that sort of opinion in this thread for you to make such an assumption.
    I hate Apple as well.

    And a lot of you are acting like it's "a piece of shit" or "not real art". I agree that they should try to cut down on the Topaz a bit, but if they like the way their art looks with it I don't see a problem with it.

    I guess I can see where you guys are coming from though, I would be mad too if I was doing it the harder way and people were making things almost as good the "easier" way. I just think some of the comments people make about it are kind of harsh.








     





















  11. #26
    Matt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    The GFX section
    Posts
    3,966
    Reputation
    31
    Thanks
    423
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Quote Originally Posted by scotbud123 View Post
    I hate Apple as well.

    And a lot of you are acting like it's "a piece of shit" or "not real art". I agree that they should try to cut down on the Topaz a bit, but if they like the way their art looks with it I don't see a problem with it.

    I guess I can see where you guys are coming from though, I would be mad too if I was doing it the harder way and people were making things almost as good the "easier" way. I just think some of the comments people make about it are kind of harsh.
    It's because the general consensus agrees that topaz looks horrible. Countless reasons have been provided as to why it's a bad thing, and it'd definitely true. However, he decides NOT to change his way. On another note, if he likes the way his art looks, good for him. However, this section is meant to be giving critique on why they like it, or why they don't like it. If he didn't want that, he would go into the Image Sharing section. Such as how chefs may like their own cooking, but we will gag at the thought of it. We don't want to see it at our doorstep. On route with the topic of "harshness", we've given him many chances in this section, but every single one of them include rage.
    Quote Originally Posted by ViciousArt
    And I've been doing photoshop work for a very long time, and I've never heard of BLANE.

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to Matt For This Useful Post:

    [MPGH]Ethereal (05-15-2012)

  13. #27
    Ethereal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    13,518
    Reputation
    1850
    Thanks
    3,160
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post


    It's because the general consensus agrees that topaz looks horrible. Countless reasons have been provided as to why it's a bad thing, and it'd definitely true. However, he decides NOT to change his way. On another note, if he likes the way his art looks, good for him. However, this section is meant to be giving critique on why they like it, or why they don't like it. If he didn't want that, he would go into the Image Sharing section. Such as how chefs may like their own cooking, but we will gag at the thought of it. We don't want to see it at our doorstep. On route with the topic of "harshness", we've given him many chances in this section, but every single one of them include rage.
    Very well put Matt.

  14. #28
    iTzSeyeko™JR #1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    2,276
    Reputation
    27
    Thanks
    178
    What's Topaz?

  15. #29
    [SMA] Paradise`'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    NOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOB
    Posts
    8,929
    Reputation
    1727
    Thanks
    2,978
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhyes View Post
    What's Topaz?
    Topaz Photoshop Plug-In Bundle

    Refund Services Still RESUMED!

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to [SMA] Paradise` For This Useful Post:

    iTzSeyeko™JR #1 (05-19-2012)

  17. #30
    iTzSeyeko™JR #1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    2,276
    Reputation
    27
    Thanks
    178
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradise` View Post
    Alrighty, +1 Thanks

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. How do you say awm?
    By Aw[M] in forum CrossFire Discussions
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 06-07-2010, 06:12 PM
  2. If you say MPGH you say bad words!!
    By Lonesome Cowboy in forum CrossFire Discussions
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 04-08-2010, 11:05 AM
  3. what do you say on that?
    By /b/oss in forum Art & Graphic Design
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 03-25-2010, 03:31 AM
  4. What do you say
    By Inna in forum General
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 12-23-2009, 03:18 AM