Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post

Which is why entrants might have to be reformed. There's such a vast skill gap between GFX team members and regulars that competition could actually be created if GFX team members didn't enter. I don't think any of us would be heartbroken.
    There could be separate GFX and non GFX member competitions, but that may be too much work.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bored
    I'm pretty sure iv'e heard that one before i don't think we ever tried it though having the SOTW strictly for non-gfx

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Quote Originally Posted by Keroaplt View Post
    I'm pretty sure iv'e heard that one before i don't think we ever tried it though having the SOTW strictly for non-gfx
    Would it hurt? We have something that beginners don't, which is (or was) a reason to pursue art beyond winning a SOTW.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bored
    I'm all for the idea. It gives the opportunity for those who join to win and therefore go back to their sections and get more people to do so.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    I'm all for the idea. It gives the opportunity for those who join to win and therefore go back to their sections and get more people to do so.
    My point exactly.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    I'm fine with that idea. I mean I rarely entered anyways. I'm sure if we created a forum wide announcement, advertised SOTW where we can then we should get a good line-up of non-GFX entries.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Brooding
    i like the idea of advanced stow and non-advanced sotw
    maybe we could also do classing, that way people would be interested in advancing and join more sotw

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bored
    We could do classing but then again we "can't" do classing. Like maybe one or two of us are kinda qualified to do so.
    The thing i've been thinking about though is that there isn't any reason to stay after you win or lose the SOTW.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    We could do classing but then again we "can't" do classing. Like maybe one or two of us are kinda qualified to do so.
    The thing i've been thinking about though is that there isn't any reason to stay after you win or lose the SOTW.
    Classing would create a bit of elitism and you don't want that starting out.

Young angel; if you hate me tell me burn in heaven♥.
    MPGH Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    I believe the GFX team, and other regulars to this section, should make their own different signatures that link to the SOTW Entry/Voting thread and we would vote on whoever's is the best-looking. I think that'd bring more interest to the section. Also, I like the idea of advanced and non-advanced SOTW contests. That'll bring more opportunity to let more people come to the section and try out GFX for once. It would be for the best, because the more advanced people would have more competition and the less advanced people would have a chance to win. And maybe switching up the theme or prizes every once in a while would be interesting.
    "Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."
    Princess since: 7/3/2012
    Need something translated from/to English? PM/VM me!

[/URL][/URL]

MSN: mpgh.katy@yahoo.com
    PM/VM me if you have any questions!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Quote Originally Posted by Katy View Post
    I believe the GFX team, and other regulars to this section, should make their own different signatures that link to the SOTW Entry/Voting thread and we would vote on whoever's is the best-looking. I think that'd bring more interest to the section.
    I like that. "Come be part of starting something that you can enjoy after."

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    We need to work on some new ideas for prizes in that case. I know I haven't been doing the trophies, but I don't think they're "prestigious" enough to entice people to keep entering. Perhaps a new trophy redesign involving more bling and having the winners signature along with their trophy plastered on the front page? I know a lot of forums that do something similar, even non-GFX forums have it. Then perhaps we could have some sort of bi-monthly contest offering Steam gifts or credit as a prize where winners go up against each other to compete for that prize. Hell we can do that for every SOTW with a smaller prize on offer. Kinda stealing James' ideas but I think it could be alright if we work at something reasonable.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bored
    Well yeah without prizes there's no reason to join unless you just like gfx which isn't really the case with most of the rest of the site. The problem we have right now, and have mentioned before is that we don't have any; theres no vip right now, graphics related prizes have no meaning to most people, and other prizes would require us to personally supply them. We can do this sure, but we can't keep it going for very long.

Young angel; if you hate me tell me burn in heaven♥.
    MPGH Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    We need to work on some new ideas for prizes in that case. I know I haven't been doing the trophies, but I don't think they're "prestigious" enough to entice people to keep entering. Perhaps a new trophy redesign involving more bling and having the winners signature along with their trophy plastered on the front page? I know a lot of forums that do something similar, even non-GFX forums have it. Then perhaps we could have some sort of bi-monthly contest offering Steam gifts or credit as a prize where winners go up against each other to compete for that prize. Hell we can do that for every SOTW with a smaller prize on offer. Kinda stealing James' ideas but I think it could be alright if we work at something reasonable.
    I do the Contest News so I could do a little segment of SOTW updating, and if you'd like, you could PM me the new prizes and all the other advancements. That'd bring a little more activity back to this section.

And quite frankly, VIP = better prizes for SOTWs, so more people would like to join in.
    Last edited by Katy; 08-27-2012 at 05:41 PM.
    "Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."
    Princess since: 7/3/2012
    Need something translated from/to English? PM/VM me!

[/URL][/URL]

MSN: mpgh.katy@yahoo.com
    PM/VM me if you have any questions!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Quote Originally Posted by Katy View Post

I do the Contest News so I could do a little segment of SOTW updating, and if you'd like, you could PM me the new prizes and all the other advancements. That'd bring a little more activity back to this section.

And quite frankly, VIP = better prizes for SOTWs, so more people would like to join in.
    No one is coding VIP at the moment, I could but I'm already devoting enough time to MPGH as is and I really don't feel like going through the hassle of being a VIP coder. No thanks.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast