Thread: H.W. help :|

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw

Post H.W. help :|

None of my friends have got enough time to help me out here so let's hope you guys have some free time :|
    What i had to do is to read a book and write a summery about it using between 1200 to 1250 words but I woudn't expect you to read the book.. you still can check my grammar and stuff right? English is my 3rd/4th language so idk..
    The summery is about a book named "the good earth" and here it is:

The good earth.
    By pearl buck
    The story takes place in ancient China where many people such as Wang Lung and his old father lived their lives as poor farmers living of the food they sell. Wang lung’s future wife, O-Lan, was a slave of a grate family, “The house of Hwang”, of a very young age. She wasn’t pretty, she wasn’t scarred or sick, she was a women. The day of their marriage has come and Wang lung’s new family were preparing for a new year.
    The story continues when O-Lan gives a birth to a boy, their first boy that must be taken to O-Lan’s previous owner, “The ancient one”, as she ordered when Wang lung and O-Lan left the ancient one’s house. O-Lan brought nothing but good fortune… Their Fortunes grew larger and larger and once they discovered that the house of Hwang was selling its lands, they became richer than they ever dreamed. Years gone by and O-Lan gave birth to 2 more children; however, the third child was a girl. Grate disappointment for Wang lung, daughters were nothing but slaves at the time. The birth of the female child was just the start of their bad luck.
    Their fields dried and cracked when there was no rain, the wheat wasn’t growing and there wasn’t much water left at all. Wang lung worked harder than ever to buy another piece of land from the house of Hwang and when he did, He was again disappointed of the land. Everyone in their village was starving and Wang lung decided that it’s time for them to try and go to the south. Wang lung and his family were among many people trying to reach an engineering miracle, the train, to take them to them to the south and when they finally arrived to the train, Wang lung, with his two pieces of silver, paid for a journey of a hundred miles and even had some cooper left, which he later used to buy four small loaves of bread, a bowl of soft rice and some mats for a shelter.
    When they reached the south, their predictions turned to be correct when they saw how fat and happy the locals were. O-Lan, the children and the old man were begging for food as Wang lung was running with foreign rich man and women from America sitting behind him on rickshaw. The work was hard and it wasn’t efficient enough to properly feed them. There was even a thought about selling the little girl as a slave so they could come back to their fields.
    One day, Wang lung saw harmed soldiers coming from a nearby battlefield and there were rumors about the enemy getting closer and closer to the city. Wang lung wasn’t in fear as the rich, he had nothing to lose. When the enemy finally broke the city’s walls, The poor, such as Wang lung and his family, could enter the inner walls of the city, where all the rich have lived. Wang lung was lucky enough to encounter a rich man who offered him money for his life, as he thought Wang lung himself was the enemy.
    With the money he got from the rich man, Wang lung bought seeds and an ox and once they escaped from the city’s other gate, together with his family, they all came back to the fields, the fields that Wang lung never actually left. Their house was torn apart and there was nothing but the walls left and an old friend of Wang lung, Ching, who also helped Wang lung to get to the south, told him about the rumors that robbers were living in his house and just left before Wang’s arrival. When they started to work on the fields again, Wang lung finally found a bag of jewelry that O-Lan has kept a secret from him since she stole it when they were all escaping from the southern city. Wang lung sold the jewelry for more land for him to harvest so he hired Ching to work with him. As time gone by, Wang lung became richer and richer once again, till there was no need for him to work anymore when he hired more and more man to work for him. His two older sons were sent to school to learn but the girl stayed silent as she always was.
    Wang lung became as rich as he could only dream but he ran out of things to do, he could no longer enjoy the little things he enjoyed in his past. Wang lung once met a woman named lotus who was a slave for another women named “Cuckoo”. Wang lung fell in love with her and kept his love a secret until the day his uncle came to the door step of his house and asked for food and shelter which he unwillingly offered. His uncle’s wife found out of his secret love to Lotus and convinced him to buy the slave and invite her to the house. Wang lung even built another court with a little pool for her arrival and when she finally did, the life of O-Lan and Wang lung was broken. The older son have left to a bigger city at the south to learn in a better plane and O-Lan gave birth again but Wang lung no longer noticed her and continued his life with Lotus like she wasn’t even there. Wang lung decided that his second son should now leave school and become a merchant and soon enough, Wang lung met Liu, another rich man that lived nearby. They both liked each other since they were very similar and they have made an agreement for Wang lung’s second daughter and Liu’s son to be married once they will grow older. Wang lung suddenly became aware of how much O-Lan has done for him and starts to feel guilty every time he sees her. O-Lan was very ill and Wang lung called out for a doctor but for no use, O-Lan was too ill and could she feel that she will die.
    For many months, the children were trying to take place of their mother and only then, Wang lung knew how much O-Lan have really done for them. O-Lan was eager to see her elder son getting married so everything was arranged and the elder son, after two long years, came back from the south for his wedding. Wang lung invited everyone he knew and was very excited to see his elder son, which he was now so proud of, getting married. After the great wedding, O-Lan has passed away. Soon enough, the old man have died as well, and Wang lung chose a good spot in his land to bury both of them and have obeyed his children to bury him there as well when he will die. When Wang lung grown old, he gave his sons the permeation to manage the house and the lands and although the sons have secretly decided to sell the land which Wang lung loved so much, Wang lung was very pleased and was ready to come back to the earth.

I know it's long but who knows? maybe you'll find it interesting BTW I totally recommend this book if anyone cares to know.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Got 94/100 if anyone cares

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cold
    im so late but good job!
    Social Engineering God
    S̶ʜ̶ᴏ̶ᴜ̶ʟ̶ᴅ̶.̶ ̶W̶ᴏ̶ᴜ̶ʟ̶ᴅ̶.̶ ̶C̶ᴏ̶ᴜ̶ʟ̶ᴅ̶.̶ Dɪᴅ

Achievements In SE'ing

JUST THE BEST