Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. #1
    ヽಠ_ಠᕤ Headrockin' ᕦಠ_ಠ╯
    MPGH Member
    IV2B's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    1,098
    Reputation
    74
    Thanks
    189
    My Mood
    Inspired

    Getting started...

    Hi people,i've recently started doing some sigs-i'm tired of resizing images or just doing some copy-pasta to get something looking like a signature (like the one i have now :/ )
    So yeah,this is pratically my first (or if you count the others,3rd) signature...I've just put together a render i liked and some c4ds after all hehe.

    P.s. anybody knows where to find some resources for backgrounds? x)
    P.p.s. i've followed this tutorial: http://www.mpgh.net/forum/40-tutoria...re-making.html and i've used Gimp.
    I've been really careful with the render choice,focal point,flow and the rule of thirds.

    *EDIT*
    2nd attempt:
    Last edited by IV2B; 07-21-2013 at 01:06 PM.

  2. #2
    QuasiChill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Mulberry Arkansas
    Posts
    46
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    1
    I'd hate to say it, but I got told it on my first attempt too, and I'm improving DRASTICALLY now, but that thing is UGGHLEE.

    Your flows off a bit, it kind of points every which direction, and the C4D choices clashed hard, not only that, but you got some that over lap the character in awful parts and the render is cut off and erased in some spots, you also need to blend the render into the background a bit more, I'mma take a crack at this, because I need practice, and I like League and been wanting to make a LoL sig for a while now... soooo let's see what I come up with.

  3. #3
    Threadstarter
    ヽಠ_ಠᕤ Headrockin' ᕦಠ_ಠ╯
    MPGH Member
    IV2B's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    1,098
    Reputation
    74
    Thanks
    189
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Quote Originally Posted by QuasiChill View Post
    I'd hate to say it, but I got told it on my first attempt too, and I'm improving DRASTICALLY now, but that thing is UGGHLEE.

    Your flows off a bit, it kind of points every which direction, and the C4D choices clashed hard, not only that, but you got some that over lap the character in awful parts and the render is cut off and erased in some spots, you also need to blend the render into the background a bit more, I'mma take a crack at this, because I need practice, and I like League and been wanting to make a LoL sig for a while now... soooo let's see what I come up with.
    Yeah,the render isn't erased...it's like this by itself xD I was disappointed when i discovered that but i was already half-way! x)

    And yeah,the background is just the cloud effect that gimp has x)

  4. #4
    QuasiChill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Mulberry Arkansas
    Posts
    46
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by IV2B View Post
    Yeah,the render isn't erased...it's like this by itself xD I was disappointed when i discovered that but i was already half-way! x)

    And yeah,the background is just the cloud effect that gimp has x)
    No... the one tentacle on Fizz's head got erased, it's visible in my render at least, I took 47 minutes to make this, and damn am I disappointed, IDK what got into me to make it so... blahish, maybe I'm just tired still, I just woke up from a very restless 2 hours of sleep... and jumped right up no coffee no nothing, feel free to use it if you like it though heh.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails
    Fizz.jpg  

    Last edited by QuasiChill; 07-21-2013 at 07:21 AM.

  5. #5
    Doc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    female
    Location
    In your meatus
    Posts
    23,560
    Reputation
    2912
    Thanks
    5,336
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Quote Originally Posted by QuasiChill View Post
    No... the one tentacle on Fizz's head got erased, it's visible in my render at least, I took 47 minutes to make this, and damn am I disappointed, IDK what got into me to make it so... blahish, maybe I'm just tired still, I just woke up from a very restless 2 hours of sleep... and jumped right up no coffee no nothing, feel free to use it if you like it though heh.
    Criticizes OP's flow then goes on to make a signature with no flow.



    OP, it's alright but you need to make a sig with more than one defining colour. And you also can't just rely on just some C4D. A good sig is made with various resources.

    Try downloading some resource packs from deviantart. I also posted some tutorials in the tutorial section.

  6. #6
    Threadstarter
    ヽಠ_ಠᕤ Headrockin' ᕦಠ_ಠ╯
    MPGH Member
    IV2B's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    1,098
    Reputation
    74
    Thanks
    189
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post


    Criticizes OP's flow then goes on to make a signature with no flow.



    OP, it's alright but you need to make a sig with more than one defining colour. And you also can't just rely on just some C4D. A good sig is made with various resources.

    Try downloading some resource packs from deviantart. I also posted some tutorials in the tutorial section.
    I don't know why but i find that GIF insanely hilarious...And yeah,right now all what i have are 14 c4ds and Gimp...plus a few renders of course :3

    I'll check for more resources on the web

  7. #7
    QuasiChill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Mulberry Arkansas
    Posts
    46
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post


    Criticizes OP's flow then goes on to make a signature with no flow.



    OP, it's alright but you need to make a sig with more than one defining colour. And you also can't just rely on just some C4D. A good sig is made with various resources.

    Try downloading some resource packs from deviantart. I also posted some tutorials in the tutorial section.
    I said what I made was awful, I am new as hell to this thing, I just wanted to give it a go, I know what I made was absolute shit, but just because I'm bad at it doesn't mean I can't criticize, you don't need to be a award-winning director to say a movie is bad, you don't need to be a 5 star chef to say food is bad, get where I'm going?

  8. #8
    Threadstarter
    ヽಠ_ಠᕤ Headrockin' ᕦಠ_ಠ╯
    MPGH Member
    IV2B's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    1,098
    Reputation
    74
    Thanks
    189
    My Mood
    Inspired
    i won't lie,i'm pleased by this attempt.

    This time i've used complementary colors (it should've been light orange,but IMO yellow fitted a little bit more).
    Rule of the thirds should be respected (fizz's hand is right in the 1st/3rd and the text is on 2nd/3rd line).
    Flow should be from bottom-left to top-right,and depth is "helped" by the 2 lines i added at the trident.
    How's it? :3

  9. #9
    Terror In Paradise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    3,246
    Reputation
    235
    Thanks
    532
    Second one is pretty cool.
    Error 404 Signature Not Found

  10. #10
    Threadstarter
    ヽಠ_ಠᕤ Headrockin' ᕦಠ_ಠ╯
    MPGH Member
    IV2B's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    1,098
    Reputation
    74
    Thanks
    189
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bat View Post
    Second one is pretty cool.

    Yay!
    *edit*

    fun fact: i've traced the second line "by eye" and by the first attempt i've discovered it was perfectly parallel to the first.
    Last edited by IV2B; 07-21-2013 at 01:30 PM.

  11. #11
    QuasiChill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Mulberry Arkansas
    Posts
    46
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    1
    Great job on that second one, it's actually REALLY nice looking! Only thing I'd change is to try to make the text look cartooney like the rest of the sig. But even without that it looks fantastic

  12. #12
    Doc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    female
    Location
    In your meatus
    Posts
    23,560
    Reputation
    2912
    Thanks
    5,336
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Quote Originally Posted by QuasiChill View Post
    I said what I made was awful, I am new as hell to this thing, I just wanted to give it a go, I know what I made was absolute shit, but just because I'm bad at it doesn't mean I can't criticize, you don't need to be a award-winning director to say a movie is bad, you don't need to be a 5 star chef to say food is bad, get where I'm going?
    I know, I know I'm just humoring myself

    Quote Originally Posted by IV2B View Post
    i won't lie,i'm pleased by this attempt.

    This time i've used complementary colors (it should've been light orange,but IMO yellow fitted a little bit more).
    Rule of the thirds should be respected (fizz's hand is right in the 1st/3rd and the text is on 2nd/3rd line).
    Flow should be from bottom-left to top-right,and depth is "helped" by the 2 lines i added at the trident.
    How's it? :3
    Much much better. The style suits the character a lot more.

  13. #13
    Threadstarter
    ヽಠ_ಠᕤ Headrockin' ᕦಠ_ಠ╯
    MPGH Member
    IV2B's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    1,098
    Reputation
    74
    Thanks
    189
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Quote Originally Posted by QuasiChill View Post
    Great job on that second one, it's actually REALLY nice looking! Only thing I'd change is to try to make the text look cartooney like the rest of the sig. But even without that it looks fantastic
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post

    Much much better. The style suits the character a lot more.
    YAHOO! Ty for feedback!

    BTW,i've not many fonts,so before this one i also tried with comic sans and...sharp edges fit much more *.*
    Last edited by IV2B; 07-22-2013 at 03:44 AM.

  14. #14
    OmeGaa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    77
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    4
    My Mood
    Fine
    2nd one is really good nice and simple i like it but with the first the c4d doesnt fit well

  15. #15
    Threadstarter
    ヽಠ_ಠᕤ Headrockin' ᕦಠ_ಠ╯
    MPGH Member
    IV2B's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    1,098
    Reputation
    74
    Thanks
    189
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Quote Originally Posted by OmeGaa View Post
    2nd one is really good nice and simple i like it but with the first the c4d doesnt fit well
    Dehehe,yeah,the first is so ugly compared to the 2nd x)

    I've a little question to anybody,i don't really want to open a thread for it so for now i'll ask here:
    In the future i plan to become a programmer,however,i'll have to do something while following the programmer's path...and such things are computer repairs,little management software,but especially,web pages.

    Now i'm wondering: a web pages is composed by two aspects,code and visuals.
    I could be the best programmer ever,but if i don't know how to make visuals for the web page then i'll have to ask a graphic designer to do them,so the cash income would then lower by a lot.

    Is there a way to become decent-good at graphic designing while still studying to become a programmer?

    ---------- Post added at 05:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:16 AM ----------


    I wanted to do Pool Party Ziggs...cause LOL,he's splashing already and my resources are Guild Wars 2's splatters...lolol.

Similar Threads

  1. how to get started hacking (yes im a newbie)
    By hey123 in forum General Hacking
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 01-11-2009, 01:56 AM
  2. How do I get started?im NEW NEW
    By rog99m2 in forum Programming Tutorial Requests
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-03-2009, 12:51 PM
  3. Getting started in programming hacks for combat arms.
    By killerthc in forum Combat Arms Hacks & Cheats
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 08-25-2008, 05:47 PM
  4. Need help getting started
    By skittlznick2 in forum Combat Arms Hacks & Cheats
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-03-2008, 01:53 AM
  5. Got VB 6, I see new Adress thread, how to get started?
    By soulbind4 in forum WarRock - International Hacks
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-24-2008, 08:38 PM