Thread: Challenge idea.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 47
  1. #1
    ヽಠ_ಠᕤ Headrockin' ᕦಠ_ಠ╯
    MPGH Member
    IV2B's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    1,100
    Reputation
    74
    Thanks
    189
    My Mood
    Inspired

    Challenge idea.

    Sup,i just had a cool idea that for sure would be fresh and new for pretty much everybody.

    The idea is to make a challenge,in which who enters has to make a signature without anything but a single render.
    Which means: no extra images,no C4Ds,no topaz,no scripts,brushes,fonts,anything at all but a render and the default stuff.

    For fairness there could be two groups: one for Gimp and one for PS.
    Who would participate?

    *edit*
    Fuuf i forgot 'bout the challenge section,dayum! D:

  2. #2
    Ryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    7,924
    Reputation
    411
    Thanks
    998
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Honestly, a lot of great art is done in that exact way. I would probably do this if I had the time, even though I don't tag anymore. LP CROPS WOOOOOO

  3. #3
    Threadstarter
    ヽಠ_ಠᕤ Headrockin' ᕦಠ_ಠ╯
    MPGH Member
    IV2B's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    1,100
    Reputation
    74
    Thanks
    189
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Honestly, a lot of great art is done in that exact way. I would probably do this if I had the time, even though I don't tag anymore. LP CROPS WOOOOOO
    I think most of the art you're talking about comes then from stock images.
    I find insanely hard to make something cool without any resources,unless i was a designer with a drawing table and knowledge about drawing ofc.
    Then in that case i'd skip the render directly x)

    However,seeing on this forum,not many operate that way,so it would be a fresh experience for almost everyone i think

  4. #4
    Ryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    7,924
    Reputation
    411
    Thanks
    998
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Quote Originally Posted by IV2B View Post
    I think most of the art you're talking about comes then from stock images.
    I find insanely hard to make something cool without any resources,unless i was a designer with a drawing table and knowledge about drawing ofc.
    Then in that case i'd skip the render directly x)

    However,seeing on this forum,not many operate that way,so it would be a fresh experience for almost everyone i think
    Let's go then. I'll grab my tablet.

  5. #5
    Threadstarter
    ヽಠ_ಠᕤ Headrockin' ᕦಠ_ಠ╯
    MPGH Member
    IV2B's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    1,100
    Reputation
    74
    Thanks
    189
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post


    Let's go then. I'll grab my tablet.
    No way,then we'd add 2 additional groups: Gimp+tablet and Ps+Tablet x)

    And still,it'd be cool if others participated too. :3

  6. #6
    Ryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    7,924
    Reputation
    411
    Thanks
    998
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Quote Originally Posted by IV2B View Post
    No way,then we'd add 2 additional groups: Gimp+tablet and Ps+Tablet x)

    And still,it'd be cool if others participated too. :3
    Fine, I'll just use my mouse.

  7. #7
    Mr.Seyeko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Gender
    female
    Posts
    7,491
    Reputation
    927
    Thanks
    1,196
    My Mood
    Stressed
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post


    Fine, I'll just use my mouse.
    Can't wait to get my Wacom Bamboo tablet
    Intuos pen & touch | Wacom

    super fucking excited


  8. #8
    Ryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    7,924
    Reputation
    411
    Thanks
    998
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Mine is almost finished. Whenever anyone else is ready.

  9. #9
    Ethereal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    13,518
    Reputation
    1850
    Thanks
    3,161
    My Mood
    Amused
    Fuck it. I'm in.

  10. #10
    Threadstarter
    ヽಠ_ಠᕤ Headrockin' ᕦಠ_ಠ╯
    MPGH Member
    IV2B's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    1,100
    Reputation
    74
    Thanks
    189
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    Fuck it. I'm in.
    That's the spirit!

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Mine is almost finished. Whenever anyone else is ready.
    I will make it today hopefully,i have just thought about a good idea

    Quote Originally Posted by iTzSeyeko View Post


    Can't wait to get my Wacom Bamboo tablet
    Intuos pen & touch | Wacom

    super fucking excited
    Too bad i can't draw sh1t

  11. #11
    Slaystation's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    here, sadly
    Posts
    6,591
    Reputation
    1282
    Thanks
    1,233
    Lemme join in on this. I can try to draw.




  12. #12
    Threadstarter
    ヽಠ_ಠᕤ Headrockin' ᕦಠ_ಠ╯
    MPGH Member
    IV2B's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    1,100
    Reputation
    74
    Thanks
    189
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Quote Originally Posted by Remm. View Post
    Lemme join in on this. I can try to draw.
    Welcome aboard x)

    P.s. It's a render+design not everything from scratch.

  13. #13
    Slaystation's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    here, sadly
    Posts
    6,591
    Reputation
    1282
    Thanks
    1,233
    Quote Originally Posted by IV2B View Post
    Welcome aboard x)

    P.s. It's a render+design not everything from scratch.
    So I cannot start from scratch? D:




  14. #14
    Threadstarter
    ヽಠ_ಠᕤ Headrockin' ᕦಠ_ಠ╯
    MPGH Member
    IV2B's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    1,100
    Reputation
    74
    Thanks
    189
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Quote Originally Posted by Remm. View Post

    So I cannot start from scratch? D:
    If you wish,yes.
    But starting from a render would be better. As not every designer can draw from scratch and in a such challenge would be a really big advantage x)

    But after all,it's an advantage you'd deserve However just one rule: tablets are forbidden x)

  15. #15
    Slaystation's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    here, sadly
    Posts
    6,591
    Reputation
    1282
    Thanks
    1,233
    Quote Originally Posted by IV2B View Post
    If you wish,yes.
    But starting from a render would be better. As not every designer can draw from scratch and in a such challenge would be a really big advantage x)

    But after all,it's an advantage you'd deserve However just one rule: tablets are forbidden x)
    My best work is mouse based. Want to see a sample?




Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [Help Request] Idea/challenge for insanely smart hackrs
    By kurtoid in forum Minecraft Help
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-11-2013, 03:52 PM
  2. [Challenge] I have no mod ideas.
    By I'm Chris in forum Combat Arms Mod Discussion
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 08-19-2011, 09:39 AM
  3. [Idea][Discussion] Programming Challenges.
    By Jason in forum Coders Lounge
    Replies: 67
    Last Post: 02-13-2011, 10:57 PM
  4. Google Having To Copy Ideas?
    By Dave84311 in forum General
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 01-20-2008, 10:05 AM
  5. Challenge Thread
    By arunforce in forum General
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-26-2007, 02:22 PM