Thread: Get Jinxed!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Breezy

Get Jinxed!

CnC the signtaure I am using (the Jinx one)
    It was supposed to be a request for a member here, but I got the champ wrong xD (and I know its a stupid mistake)
    Anyway Jinx is my main champ. I am improving this one, I think I need to do something about the green light and the background in general, blending is horrible.

Can you tell me what else you think is wrong and tips on how to improve them?
    Formerly known as gamer4evere

Participated on:
    MPGH GAMING NIGHT 08/03/2015 - Town of Salem

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    I say just start over :/ , maybe use some cc packs? Those usually help a lot with blending.
    [∞]IcySeal

ヽಠ_ಠᕤ Headrockin' ᕦಠ_ಠ╯
    MPGH Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    That green light takes away from Jinx,thus the signature has two focal points,which is bad.
    In general,the signature looks too random and chaotic: Elements are/seem to be placed randomly,many don't even fit with each other (like the fractal you used in the background).

Like Icy Seal,i don't think this very one signature can be recovered as it's a shot in the water,thus you should perhaps start it from scratch?

If you do,i'd like to help you a little:
    Based on what i've seen,you pretty much only edit the background,or you start from there as main focus,just to finish up with an exaggerated effect somewhere in your signature.

What i suggest you to do is this:
    1) Find a render you like and place it on the signature,remember the three thirds rule.
    2) Pick 2 colors,3 eventually,from the render itself,that you're going to use in your signature.
    3) Fill the background with a single color from the three you chose.

And then,focus on having the render "interact" with the background.
    How? Make the background go over the render,or make the render blur to the background.

ALSO,VERY IMPORTANT: stop sharpening things.
    You should sharpen only if the signature is small and the original image(s) is(are) much bigger than the signature.
    In that case AND THAT CASE ONLY,set the sharpen tool to a VERY TINY value.

Threadstarter
    Do not Trade - Blacklisted
    Permanently
    MPGH Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Breezy
    Quote Originally Posted by IV2B View Post
    That green light takes away from Jinx,thus the signature has two focal points,which is bad.
    In general,the signature looks too random and chaotic: Elements are/seem to be placed randomly,many don't even fit with each other (like the fractal you used in the background).

Like Icy Seal,i don't think this very one signature can be recovered as it's a shot in the water,thus you should perhaps start it from scratch?

If you do,i'd like to help you a little:
    Based on what i've seen,you pretty much only edit the background,or you start from there as main focus,just to finish up with an exaggerated effect somewhere in your signature.

What i suggest you to do is this:
    1) Find a render you like and place it on the signature,remember the three thirds rule.
    2) Pick 2 colors,3 eventually,from the render itself,that you're going to use in your signature.
    3) Fill the background with a single color from the three you chose.

And then,focus on having the render "interact" with the background.
    How? Make the background go over the render,or make the render blur to the background.

ALSO,VERY IMPORTANT: stop sharpening things.
    You should sharpen only if the signature is small and the original image(s) is(are) much bigger than the signature.
    In that case AND THAT CASE ONLY,set the sharpen tool to a VERY TINY value.
    Thanks for your concern;
    But I have some questions to you:
    1.What 3 thirds rule?
    2.I usually sharpen because I like the effect; does it really destroy the sig here? I made it so that it could distract from the green light and making render as primary focal.
    3.Blending is horrible, I know; But my backgroundsare usually like this, if Itry to organise I end up with a "There's something missing/not right here..."
    So I usually make this kinds of BG.

Usually I start by placing render and scaling it.
    Then I proceed to the BG, usually making it with a texture and a couple fractals to twist it a bit; often I liquify then
    Then I try to either add elements or just skip to the blending process (render <> BG)
    Add a couple effects, or topaz it if it feels like some ajustments.

BTW: First reply mentioned "cc packs" What are those? Did he mean c4d?
    Formerly known as gamer4evere

Participated on:
    MPGH GAMING NIGHT 08/03/2015 - Town of Salem

ヽಠ_ಠᕤ Headrockin' ᕦಠ_ಠ╯
    MPGH Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Quote Originally Posted by gamer4evere View Post

Thanks for your concern;
    But I have some questions to you:
    1.What 3 thirds rule?
    2.I usually sharpen because I like the effect; does it really destroy the sig here? I made it so that it could distract from the green light and making render as primary focal.
    3.Blending is horrible, I know; But my backgroundsare usually like this, if Itry to organise I end up with a "There's something missing/not right here..."
    So I usually make this kinds of BG.

Usually I start by placing render and scaling it.
    Then I proceed to the BG, usually making it with a texture and a couple fractals to twist it a bit; often I liquify then
    Then I try to either add elements or just skip to the blending process (render <> BG)
    Add a couple effects, or topaz it if it feels like some ajustments.

BTW: First reply mentioned "cc packs" What are those? Did he mean c4d?
    three thirds rule: google it!
    Sharpen destroyed all your signatures tbh.

Your process is indeed wrong.
    Place the render and work with it,the background will come later (just put a temporary 1 color filler).
    "My backgrounds are usually like this" isn't an excuse,but a meaning to improve instead: if you know there's an issue you should try to fix it,instead than flowing with it.