Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 17
  1. #1
    Raow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    47°37′39″N 122°14′32″W
    Posts
    2,721
    Reputation
    140
    Thanks
    577

    [My Little Project] February Redo - Stronger

    I dunno, the whole despicable thing wasn't working for me. struggled to get it looking better, and it doesn't really reflect on my whole month, just like 1 or 2 days. so i'm gonna go for something else, i took other people advice and have tried to go a bit more on the text effect side. It's not complete yet, i'm just wondering what people think so far. trying to go for a medieval kinda theme.



    I'm gonna try and do a bit more with the background but i'm a little stuck, suggestions and advice would be great, thanks.
    Last edited by Raow; 02-11-2014 at 06:47 AM.

  2. #2
    ヽಠ_ಠᕤ Headrockin' ᕦಠ_ಠ╯
    MPGH Member
    IV2B's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    1,095
    Reputation
    74
    Thanks
    187
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Aside from the text,what are the edits you've done on the original image? (except yeah,adjusting the colors a little...)
    If all you do is putting in some text,then just do it.

  3. #3
    Raow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    47°37′39″N 122°14′32″W
    Posts
    2,721
    Reputation
    140
    Thanks
    577
    Quote Originally Posted by IV2B View Post
    Aside from the text,what are the edits you've done on the original image? (except yeah,adjusting the colors a little...)
    If all you do is putting in some text,then just do it.
    No, i plan on actually editing the original image, i just wanted to get the text out of the way first.

    and seeing as this isn't exactly good res when blown up i might just make it a small print or a wallpaper?

    Any suggestions for the background?

  4. #4
    COD3RIN's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Posts
    4,941
    Reputation
    315
    Thanks
    22,154
    My Mood
    Busy
    great image


    Love you.
    ~Kenshit13
    Quote Originally Posted by cheaterman26 View Post
    COD3RIN PUT A BACKDOOR ON HIS OWN CHEAT HE HACK MY COMPUTER AND MY STEAM, DON'T TRUST THIS GUYS !

  5. #5
    Invidus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    2,174
    Reputation
    23
    Thanks
    647
    My Mood
    Bored
    Quote Originally Posted by Raow View Post
    No, i plan on actually editing the original image, i just wanted to get the text out of the way first.

    and seeing as this isn't exactly good res when blown up i might just make it a small print or a wallpaper?

    Any suggestions for the background?
    What do you mean by 'actually editing'?

  6. #6
    Express.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Gender
    male
    Location
    College.
    Posts
    2,715
    Reputation
    293
    Thanks
    332
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Great work .
    Member Since: 05-21-2013
    Donator Since: 03-13-2014
    (Credits to @Jov)
     
    Vouches.[36]

    [+3]NotaGMghost- He went first.
    [+2]paparas1398- He went first 2x!
    [+2]ahmedTC- He went first!
    [+3]Silke Vanden Abeele- She went half first.
    [+3]Poxer- I went first 3 times.
    [+1]raow25- I went first.
    [+1]Andyl- I went first. Very trusted!
    [+2]Devil™- I went first,legit!(Maxedout as OMM).
    [+1]Tonylx4- Used OMM.
    [+1]Maxedout- I went first.(Great deal and Great guy.)!
    [+1]Abber- He went first.
    [+2]himekami- Used Maxedout.
    [+1]Heat.- I went first w/o OMM.
    [+2]bannanaman- He went first.(Over 220$ deal)
    [+1]igocham- Used Maxedout.
    [+2]Jeremychubby-Used Busted!
    [+1]jaber006- Went first.
    [+1]silverarc- Went first with a steam key.
    [+1]hidudeshi - Bought a steam key.
    [+1]karlamwood- Refunded the payment 4 times and made a report no reason.
    [+1]Raple's Sheep- !Busted.
    [+1]lol1505- He went first.
    [+1]Flux*- He went first.
    [+1]RobyGenius- He went first.

  7. #7
    Sheep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Gender
    male
    Location
    aSURtralia.
    Posts
    2,730
    Reputation
    472
    Thanks
    534
    My Mood
    Doubtful
    The text should be done last
    Text needs fixing, doesn't fit with image at all, try using different colours/fonts and messing around with the opacity
    It's a good photo, some c4d's would be good, or a possible smudge and the main focus on the leader
    Anyways, good job jack
    I prefer Embrace still
    "hola go Es fuck yourself"




    (formerly) isSUR, Sur.

    Donator Since: 3-14-2014 (Thanks to Jov)
    CrossFire Editor Since: 6-1-2014

     

    Raow25
    Wazzupboy
    MasterlOGl
    Wassabi?
    Do4Love
    Wassabi?
    Wassabi?
    Wassabi?
    -Correct
    CynicalBeast
    CynicalBeast
    Wazzupboy
    7Antix
    MasterlOGl
    TheMizer
    34rab
    Wazzupboy
    Triggergod
    Zackman49
    Himli
    Blondu21
    kennyltam
    shimngqi98 (or however you spell it)
    Poxer
    Uber_Tuna
    SoarHawk (Over 200$ dealt with)
    Umbreon (Maxedout)
    LikeH8
    Shoracko
    Hadh
    Steam
    160 Steam Trades
    23 Steam Vouches

    Scammed
    None



     

    Skype: issurhue (don't really use)
    MSN: issur@outlook.com (don't really use)
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/esadam/
    Ask me for confirmation BEFORE dealing, my only alt is SURV2

  8. #8
    Raow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    47°37′39″N 122°14′32″W
    Posts
    2,721
    Reputation
    140
    Thanks
    577
    Quote Originally Posted by PremonitioNz View Post


    What do you mean by 'actually editing'?
    Maybe blending, another render, change the focus point i dunno.

    Quote Originally Posted by Express. View Post
    Great work .
    Thanks

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to Raow For This Useful Post:

    Express. (02-12-2014)

  10. #9
    Express.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Gender
    male
    Location
    College.
    Posts
    2,715
    Reputation
    293
    Thanks
    332
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Quote Originally Posted by Raow View Post
    Maybe blending, another render, change the focus point i dunno.



    Thanks
    Not a problem, keep it up !
    Member Since: 05-21-2013
    Donator Since: 03-13-2014
    (Credits to @Jov)
     
    Vouches.[36]

    [+3]NotaGMghost- He went first.
    [+2]paparas1398- He went first 2x!
    [+2]ahmedTC- He went first!
    [+3]Silke Vanden Abeele- She went half first.
    [+3]Poxer- I went first 3 times.
    [+1]raow25- I went first.
    [+1]Andyl- I went first. Very trusted!
    [+2]Devil™- I went first,legit!(Maxedout as OMM).
    [+1]Tonylx4- Used OMM.
    [+1]Maxedout- I went first.(Great deal and Great guy.)!
    [+1]Abber- He went first.
    [+2]himekami- Used Maxedout.
    [+1]Heat.- I went first w/o OMM.
    [+2]bannanaman- He went first.(Over 220$ deal)
    [+1]igocham- Used Maxedout.
    [+2]Jeremychubby-Used Busted!
    [+1]jaber006- Went first.
    [+1]silverarc- Went first with a steam key.
    [+1]hidudeshi - Bought a steam key.
    [+1]karlamwood- Refunded the payment 4 times and made a report no reason.
    [+1]Raple's Sheep- !Busted.
    [+1]lol1505- He went first.
    [+1]Flux*- He went first.
    [+1]RobyGenius- He went first.

  11. #10
    Invidus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    2,174
    Reputation
    23
    Thanks
    647
    My Mood
    Bored
    Quote Originally Posted by Raow View Post
    Maybe blending, another render, change the focus point i dunno.
    I'm not sure you know what you're talking about.

  12. #11
    Raow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    47°37′39″N 122°14′32″W
    Posts
    2,721
    Reputation
    140
    Thanks
    577
    Quote Originally Posted by PremonitioNz View Post


    I'm not sure you know what you're talking about.
    hahahaha, are you serious.
    i dont know anything. i was just saying i'd like to do something to the background then said a whole heap of random shit.

    meh, i'll have a mess around until i like it i suppose.

  13. #12
    Raow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    47°37′39″N 122°14′32″W
    Posts
    2,721
    Reputation
    140
    Thanks
    577
    Quote Originally Posted by Sur. View Post
    The text should be done last
    Text needs fixing, doesn't fit with image at all, try using different colours/fonts and messing around with the opacity
    It's a good photo, some c4d's would be good, or a possible smudge and the main focus on the leader
    Anyways, good job jack
    I prefer Embrace still
    I kinda thought that, so i tried messing with colours and not much of an improvement in my opinion.
    I might go for a more olden/_medieval style font with some other effect if i can think of one that would suit.

    otherwise, thanks and i'll try to follow your advice.

  14. #13
    Poxer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    4,041
    Reputation
    243
    Thanks
    623
    It's good

  15. #14
    Mokou-Sama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Akihabara
    Posts
    9,808
    Reputation
    442
    Thanks
    663
    My Mood
    Breezy
    Hmm it's not good imo.
    Text is better not there, there's a lot of work to be done but that much is obvious.
    The render (those 3 guys in the front) should be duplicated and feather it a bit, so it improves blending with background. After that decrease/increase opacity, contrast or both and work so itgives the viewer the idea that there is a focal indeed, also blur a bit the background, not much, and don't saturate anymore the image. Make some improvements on lighting because it needs work. After getting that much, you should end with a focal, and depth of field on the image, because from what I see is that you only put a layer over another layer and not much more.
    I dont know if I explained myself correctly but maybe someone else has a similar opinion and maybe he can enlight you better.

    Good luck.
    Formerly known as gamer4evere



     
    Participated on:
    MPGH GAMING NIGHT 08/03/2015 - Town of Salem



  16. #15
    Raow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    47°37′39″N 122°14′32″W
    Posts
    2,721
    Reputation
    140
    Thanks
    577
    Quote Originally Posted by Poxer View Post
    It's good
    not really.

    Quote Originally Posted by gamer4evere View Post
    Hmm it's not good imo.
    Text is better not there, there's a lot of work to be done but that much is obvious.
    The render (those 3 guys in the front) should be duplicated and feather it a bit, so it improves blending with background. After that decrease/increase opacity, contrast or both and work so itgives the viewer the idea that there is a focal indeed, also blur a bit the background, not much, and don't saturate anymore the image. Make some improvements on lighting because it needs work. After getting that much, you should end with a focal, and depth of field on the image, because from what I see is that you only put a layer over another layer and not much more.
    I dont know if I explained myself correctly but maybe someone else has a similar opinion and maybe he can enlight you better.

    Good luck.
    I know it's not that good, and i'm not too advanced at editing and such. but i'll try my best, thanks for the tips, i'll give it a go. I'm looking for a better text effect at the moment because the one i chose isn't exactly great.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [Graphic Art] "My Little Project" February
    By Raow in forum Art & Graphic Design
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-06-2014, 08:25 AM
  2. [Preview] Little project - A House
    By Royce in forum Minecraft Creations
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-12-2012, 09:35 PM
  3. [Request] My little project (Update 1)
    By Jack in forum Combat Arms Mod Discussion
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 11-27-2011, 07:50 PM
  4. [Preview] My little project
    By Jack in forum Combat Arms Mod Discussion
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 11-26-2011, 02:37 PM
  5. MPGH Group Project Poll(redo)
    By radnomguywfq3 in forum General
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 10-25-2009, 03:18 AM