Thanks

Northern finland.

Some pictures from Liminganlahti and Kestilä wich both are located in finland. All photos were taken by me. No editing or cropping has been done because i just like the challenge. Imgur album. All critique is welcome.

Thanks
    In most of these pictures there is no real focal point. Looks like you just pointed the camera in random directions and took shots. And even when there is supposed to be a focal point suggested in the photo, it's badly portrayed and is either way out in the distance, or there are too many other things in the photo that make you lose focus of the focal point.

The first three are terribly low quality, and on about 3 others they look as if they had been taken on a phone camera due to the pixelation. Honestly, there's nothing popping out at you, or appealing to say the least in these pictures. They look as if something you'd send to your family when you're on vacation. Not something that you'd call actual photography, or something that is publishable. (Whether that was your intended purpose or not, I don't know. I am just giving my opinion and critique.)

It would be nice to know what kind of camera you're working with so we can give you a little slack here and there, due to the fact that you can do a lot more with a camera that costs $5,000 than one that costs $100.

And as for your no editing, if you plan on ever actually doing photography professionally, I'd look into editing your photos more often.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Deflorate. For This Useful Post:

makee (05-14-2014)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Deflorate. View Post
    In most of these pictures there is no real focal point. Looks like you just pointed the camera in random directions and took shots. And even when there is supposed to be a focal point suggested in the photo, it's badly portrayed and is either way out in the distance, or there are too many other things in the photo that make you lose focus of the focal point.

The first three are terribly low quality, and on about 3 others they look as if they had been taken on a phone camera due to the pixelation. Honestly, there's nothing popping out at you, or appealing to say the least in these pictures. They look as if something you'd send to your family when you're on vacation. Not something that you'd call actual photography, or something that is publishable. (Whether that was your intended purpose or not, I don't know. I am just giving my opinion and critique.)

It would be nice to know what kind of camera you're working with so we can give you a little slack here and there, due to the fact that you can do a lot more with a camera that costs $5,000 than one that costs $100.

And as for your no editing, if you plan on ever actually doing photography professionally, I'd look into editing your photos more often.
    Im using an olympus sp-720 uz camera because i cant afford better. Thanks for the honest(?) opinion and the reason for some pictures being low in quality is because the target was pretty far away so i had to apply some digital zoom. And ye got to admit these are not by any means my absolute best ones.

I WILL be updating the album when i get my lazy fat ass outside whit a camera
    Last edited by makee; 05-14-2014 at 03:06 PM.