Thanks

I follow tutorials like a bitch

Was following a tutorial, and going for an old/vintage look. That's why some spots are un-aligned and the text looks a bit off. To give a sort of "worn" effect.

Just wondering what you guys think. I myself am not happy with this at all, but it's my first work in a couple months. Be harsh.
    @Ryan

Thinking is the Enemy of Creativity. It's Self-Conscious, & Anything Self-Conscious is Lousy.
    Premium Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    I really love the idea you have got going, it does look pretty nice and it was rather put together well.

I see that the cut outs for the fighters didn't come out well around the edges as the one on the left has part of his ear missing. Next time I'd try doing a layer mask, it makes it a lot easier to cut out what you want that way.
    Everything is bigger in yours to the comparison of the real one, also yours isn't exactly aligned 'perfectly'. I'd suggest using rulers in Photoshop to help with the alignment, they help a lot! And for the size difference, maybe try again with this and use the image I provided as a reference?
    If you where to try and add that worn paper effect, there are "grunge" brushes out there that could help with that, although that is optional as I am not sure if you wanted to go for a nice a new condition or a really worn condition.
    I do notice that some of your bolder text, like for the "sir meat a lot" its too smudgy makes it look messy.

All in all, you got a pretty good idea of it.

Which program did you use to do this?

Lets compare them between a real one

REAL:

YOURS:

Last edited by Elocrypt.; 10-20-2014 at 10:30 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    ^^^ Everything he said, but even that is just extraneous stuff. Looks like a poster for a fight. Good job.

You see people, this is why we tell you to follow tutorials. There are people making them who know their shit. And you'll learn. If myself and some of the others who have been around here for 2+ years took it personally like some of you do, we would never have gotten better.