Thread: Logo

Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Organized Chaos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Gender
    male
    Location
    evrythan puprle man
    Posts
    4,364
    Reputation
    526
    Thanks
    1,211
    My Mood
    Lurking

    Logo


    *Not trying to advertise, but you can take it in however you want*
    @IV2B I quote you in all my graphic art threads as you have amazing CnC and I respect you 110% for all the time and effort you put into each response.

    Well here it is
     


    Please note that the black is blending in with the BG of the site so ignore that
    Last edited by Organized Chaos; 11-11-2014 at 12:28 AM.

  2. #2
    ヽಠ_ಠᕤ Headrockin' ᕦಠ_ಠ╯
    MPGH Member
    IV2B's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    1,095
    Reputation
    74
    Thanks
    187
    My Mood
    Inspired
    The logo on the left has many pixelated lines, this is especially annoying near the red parts.
    On the top left side of the logo, the two grey fragments are closer to the center than the red/pink ones.
    The text's white blur leaves to be desired, same for the font of the "hacking to the core" text.

    If you want to improve further, you need to be careful about shapes and you must put additional effort into details.
    Right about that, tools like alpha selections aren't great to cut something that needs to be well defined and exposed, like for any logo, i think that's how those overly sharp or thin lines happened.

  3. #3
    Organized Chaos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Gender
    male
    Location
    evrythan puprle man
    Posts
    4,364
    Reputation
    526
    Thanks
    1,211
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Quote Originally Posted by IV2B View Post
    The logo on the left has many pixelated lines, this is especially annoying near the red parts.
    On the top left side of the logo, the two grey fragments are closer to the center than the red/pink ones.
    The text's white blur leaves to be desired, same for the font of the "hacking to the core" text.

    If you want to improve further, you need to be careful about shapes and you must put additional effort into details.
    Right about that, tools like alpha selections aren't great to cut something that needs to be well defined and exposed, like for any logo, i think that's how those overly sharp or thin lines happened.
    So what tool do I use?

  4. #4
    ヽಠ_ಠᕤ Headrockin' ᕦಠ_ಠ╯
    MPGH Member
    IV2B's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    1,095
    Reputation
    74
    Thanks
    187
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Quote Originally Posted by Sucidial View Post


    So what tool do I use?
    When i have to do such works, instead than making one layer with the shape i need then alpha selecting it, i usually make a second layer where i fill the selection i need with any color, then i make the layer invisible.
    Basically a poor man's mask.

  5. #5
    exodoS_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Gender
    male
    Location
    C:\Windows\System32
    Posts
    50
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    339
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Looks great, keep up the work! IV2B is the person you wanna ask for GFX tips
    Good Luck on any next projects

  6. #6
    Organized Chaos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Gender
    male
    Location
    evrythan puprle man
    Posts
    4,364
    Reputation
    526
    Thanks
    1,211
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Quote Originally Posted by IV2B View Post
    When i have to do such works, instead than making one layer with the shape i need then alpha selecting it, i usually make a second layer where i fill the selection i need with any color, then i make the layer invisible.
    Basically a poor man's mask.
    Sorry didnt quite understand that :/

  7. #7
    Deflorate.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    I CLOSE MY EYESE AND SEIZE IT
    Posts
    3,659
    Reputation
    850
    Thanks
    869
    Logo itself shows a lot of improvement, not bad at all compared to previous works but still a long ways to go. Like said before, the lines are a bit too pixelated in some areas. Also, it's a little too busy. I personally would go with something a little more clean, sleek, and professional looking for a site logo. As this one is cluttered and kind of unorganized.

    Overall, not bad at all. A lot of improvement compared to last works.

  8. #8
    GypsyGenocide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    109
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    9
    I noticed a few things,
    All the letters in HaxCore are sharp and idk, unfocused?
    And in the logo, the left side of the H seems kinda blank. I'd extend the gradient a little.

    IV2B pretty much said everything else.

  9. #9
    bloonpop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    95
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    36
    I guess it's a little better than what you usually put out, but still needs work. You're getting better at taking advice and not flipping your shit. Not sure what's going on with that huge black blob shadow though.



  10. #10
    Organized Chaos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Gender
    male
    Location
    evrythan puprle man
    Posts
    4,364
    Reputation
    526
    Thanks
    1,211
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Quote Originally Posted by Deflorate. View Post
    Logo itself shows a lot of improvement, not bad at all compared to previous works but still a long ways to go. Like said before, the lines are a bit too pixelated in some areas. Also, it's a little too busy. I personally would go with something a little more clean, sleek, and professional looking for a site logo. As this one is cluttered and kind of unorganized.

    Overall, not bad at all. A lot of improvement compared to last works.
    Ty, I didn't break down in tears and drown my ego in my self-esteem after I read your opinion on it this time
    jk lol

Similar Threads

  1. [REQUEST]Logo
    By [GHF]Bramboy in forum Art & Graphic Design
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-20-2008, 12:55 PM
  2. mpgh logo
    By Gourav2122 in forum General
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 05-22-2008, 07:36 PM
  3. Thunder Logo
    By k2hater in forum Help & Requests
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-10-2007, 07:35 PM
  4. Is there an MPGH logo?
    By noobi4life in forum General
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 11-03-2007, 09:23 PM
  5. Teh Real Honda logo
    By Nurbek92 in forum General
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-17-2007, 10:37 AM