Thread: Drip test.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 20
  1. #1
    ヽಠ_ಠᕤ Headrockin' ᕦಠ_ಠ╯
    MPGH Member
    IV2B's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    1,095
    Reputation
    74
    Thanks
    187
    My Mood
    Inspired

    Drip test.

    After checking @Mr.Seyeko's dripping works, i've decided to try to emulate the style.
    Here's the first attempt:

    It's just a globe with some fitting background, it was my first try and didn't come out as good as i hoped.
    Instead, the second attempt looks like the original:


    ...So...am I doing it right?

  2. #2
    Democritus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Dyrus will be missed.
    Posts
    2,232
    Reputation
    294
    Thanks
    649
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    It looks decent.

    Your drips are very uneven and don't really even look like drops of liquid more like a pencil drawing.

  3. #3
    Threadstarter
    ヽಠ_ಠᕤ Headrockin' ᕦಠ_ಠ╯
    MPGH Member
    IV2B's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    1,095
    Reputation
    74
    Thanks
    187
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Quote Originally Posted by Democritus View Post
    It looks decent.

    Your drips are very uneven and don't really even look like drops of liquid more like a pencil drawing.
    I believe it's mostly due to the fact i tend to zig-zag when doing these kind of works...and the fact the drips sometimes challenge the laws of physics lol.

    Either way, ty for the feedback! The next test will surely be better.

  4. #4
    Democritus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Dyrus will be missed.
    Posts
    2,232
    Reputation
    294
    Thanks
    649
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Quote Originally Posted by IV2B View Post
    I believe it's mostly due to the fact i tend to zig-zag when doing these kind of works...and the fact the drips sometimes challenge the laws of physics lol.

    Either way, ty for the feedback! The next test will surely be better.
    Good luck, I know exactly what you mean about zig zagging.

  5. #5
    KillTheNoise's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Depression
    Posts
    4,846
    Reputation
    822
    Thanks
    2,148
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    If you make the lines thicker on the second picture I think It'll make it pop abit more and refrain from the bad linework

  6. #6
    Threadstarter
    ヽಠ_ಠᕤ Headrockin' ᕦಠ_ಠ╯
    MPGH Member
    IV2B's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    1,095
    Reputation
    74
    Thanks
    187
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Quote Originally Posted by KillTheNoise View Post
    If you make the lines thicker on the second picture I think It'll make it pop abit more and refrain from the bad linework
    I'll try, however i'm afraid it'd be too much as the actual size is 1, making it bigger would double the size.

  7. #7
    Threadstarter
    ヽಠ_ಠᕤ Headrockin' ᕦಠ_ಠ╯
    MPGH Member
    IV2B's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    1,095
    Reputation
    74
    Thanks
    187
    My Mood
    Inspired
    So, update: I've been trying out Photoshop and after forcing myself to use it two hours i actually start to like it.
    Doing stuff feels like trying to lick my own elbow at the moment tho. x)
    Either way, i've made another drip test with PS, plus one test signature.
    Here's the drip:

    And here's the siggie:

    Yes, it's 95% smudge and yes, it was made while to test the various tools (basically i've brushed the background trying all those sweet sweet possibilities, then i smudged them, liked it and added a render lol).

    As for the drip, i've followed the image's lines, so the dripping should be similiar to what a liquid would do, so at least i hope i improved on that side.

    P.s. Since i've got PS on my hands, i've always wondered how topaz looks like (how can you love/hate something you never tried?), if somebody has a link to it i'd like to give it a spin, hopefully to never touch it again (The only filter i might be interested in is the cartoony one).
    *prepares for the hate wave*

  8. #8
    Mokou-Sama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Akihabara
    Posts
    9,807
    Reputation
    442
    Thanks
    661
    My Mood
    Breezy
    Thickness is needed on the lines of the second pic, it will help I believe.
    The 1st pic is awesome, everydetail is well made. 10/10
    Formerly known as gamer4evere



     
    Participated on:
    MPGH GAMING NIGHT 08/03/2015 - Town of Salem



  9. #9
    Threadstarter
    ヽಠ_ಠᕤ Headrockin' ᕦಠ_ಠ╯
    MPGH Member
    IV2B's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    1,095
    Reputation
    74
    Thanks
    187
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Quote Originally Posted by gamer4evere View Post
    Thickness is needed on the lines of the second pic, it will help I believe.
    The 1st pic is awesome, everydetail is well made. 10/10
    I've tried to use a thicker brush (from size 1 to size 2), the result is however way too thick. I'll post an example asap.

    *edit*

    The two pixels size is blurry too.
    Last edited by IV2B; 01-02-2015 at 04:31 AM.

  10. #10
    Mokou-Sama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Akihabara
    Posts
    9,807
    Reputation
    442
    Thanks
    661
    My Mood
    Breezy
    Quote Originally Posted by IV2B View Post
    I've tried to use a thicker brush (from size 1 to size 2), the result is however way too thick. I'll post an example asap.

    *edit*

    The two pixels size is blurry too.
    Bad luck IV2B :/
    Formerly known as gamer4evere



     
    Participated on:
    MPGH GAMING NIGHT 08/03/2015 - Town of Salem



  11. #11
    Threadstarter
    ヽಠ_ಠᕤ Headrockin' ᕦಠ_ಠ╯
    MPGH Member
    IV2B's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    1,095
    Reputation
    74
    Thanks
    187
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Quote Originally Posted by gamer4evere View Post

    Bad luck IV2B :/
    I cry everytime.
    Btw, how's the third attempt? (post #7) :3

  12. #12
    Mokou-Sama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Akihabara
    Posts
    9,807
    Reputation
    442
    Thanks
    661
    My Mood
    Breezy
    Quote Originally Posted by IV2B View Post
    I cry everytime.
    Btw, how's the third attempt? (post #7) :3
    Still havent progressed (i mean started) cuz of college exams. I still have one week of classes with 3 tests then final exams for this semester happen. SO far I fucked up 2 sbjects which I can and I MUST do at exam. the rest I can make on regular attendence (not surre if I xplained well)
    Formerly known as gamer4evere



     
    Participated on:
    MPGH GAMING NIGHT 08/03/2015 - Town of Salem



  13. #13
    Threadstarter
    ヽಠ_ಠᕤ Headrockin' ᕦಠ_ಠ╯
    MPGH Member
    IV2B's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    1,095
    Reputation
    74
    Thanks
    187
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Quote Originally Posted by gamer4evere View Post

    Still havent progressed (i mean started) cuz of college exams. I still have one week of classes with 3 tests then final exams for this semester happen. SO far I fucked up 2 sbjects which I can and I MUST do at exam. the rest I can make on regular attendence (not surre if I xplained well)
    You already explained that, i meant my third drip test which is in post #7. xP
    (http://i.imgur.com/tHcOJy6.png)

  14. #14
    Mokou-Sama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Akihabara
    Posts
    9,807
    Reputation
    442
    Thanks
    661
    My Mood
    Breezy
    Quote Originally Posted by IV2B View Post
    You already explained that, i meant my third drip test which is in post #7. xP
    (http://i.imgur.com/tHcOJy6.png)
    oh, i get it now.
    in that pic i think that if you avoid making extra lines like when you are drawing with a pencil, and instead make a second line with a slightier lighter color it would look better. (not sure if I explained well, Im in middle of work so I cant make you a picture in paint to make my comment easier to understand).
    Formerly known as gamer4evere



     
    Participated on:
    MPGH GAMING NIGHT 08/03/2015 - Town of Salem



  15. #15
    Threadstarter
    ヽಠ_ಠᕤ Headrockin' ᕦಠ_ಠ╯
    MPGH Member
    IV2B's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    1,095
    Reputation
    74
    Thanks
    187
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Quote Originally Posted by gamer4evere View Post

    oh, i get it now.
    in that pic i think that if you avoid making extra lines like when you are drawing with a pencil, and instead make a second line with a slightier lighter color it would look better. (not sure if I explained well, Im in middle of work so I cant make you a picture in paint to make my comment easier to understand).
    Yep, sounds clear to me. Will try it for my next drip test.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Racist Test?
    By arunforce in forum General
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-06-2010, 09:41 AM
  2. GBWC Bot Testing
    By Super-Man in forum GunBound Hacks / Bots
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 02-05-2006, 11:58 PM
  3. IQ Test and other interesting tests!
    By Dave84311 in forum General
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-09-2006, 07:39 AM
  4. Crappy Test
    By Kyojiro in forum Art & Graphic Design
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-02-2006, 09:16 PM
  5. Test
    By kyo in forum Art & Graphic Design
    Replies: 49
    Last Post: 12-31-2005, 11:05 AM