Thread: New Sig

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 46 to 58 of 58
  1. #46
    Mokou-Sama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Akihabara
    Posts
    9,818
    Reputation
    442
    Thanks
    664
    My Mood
    Breezy
    Quote Originally Posted by IV2B View Post
    These sigs are the results of a tutorial: http://markcape.deviantart.com/art/T...wmen-348238757

    http://stealthy4u.deviantart.com/art...cher-368674118
    http://markcape.deviantart.com/art/M...wmen-345047701

    Basically it's the same set of resources being used in all three, that's why they're similiar.


    As for the "don't be a dick" argument:
    The point of criticism is to deliver your opinion to other people, so they can hopefully improve based off it.
    You can do it however you want, be a dick if you wish, it doesn't matter as long as your targets receive the message.
    The deal is that if you try to express yourself in a mannered way without being too harsh, you're more likely people will catch what you're attempting to say rather than labelling your post as offensive.
    It's all about how much you care that your opinion is received.

    If you're trying to speak to me or KillTheNoise, then by all means be harsh and painful, i'd not mind and i'm sure he wouldn't either.
    However, in the case of somebody else, like O.Chaos, if you don't soften up then he'll turtle up and soak nothing, making your efforts go to waste.

    Plus being able to attune yourself to who you're speaking to makes you look more respectful.
    It's like avoiding to swear when kids are around or avoiding to say silly things when doing a job interview.
    Sincerely? I just found this and thought it was a ripoff, and thats why I commented.
    I might be wrong, and sincerely, if its a ripoff or not, its the same to me, I only posted too check if I was right.
    For real.
    Formerly known as gamer4evere



     
    Participated on:
    MPGH GAMING NIGHT 08/03/2015 - Town of Salem



  2. #47
    ヽಠ_ಠᕤ Headrockin' ᕦಠ_ಠ╯
    MPGH Member
    IV2B's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    1,100
    Reputation
    74
    Thanks
    189
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokou-Sama View Post

    Sincerely? I just found this and thought it was a ripoff, and thats why I commented.
    I might be wrong, and sincerely, if its a ripoff or not, its the same to me, I only posted too check if I was right.
    For real.
    The second part of my post wasn't aimed to you, i appreciate the fact you checked and it's completely fine.

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to IV2B For This Useful Post:

    Mokou-Sama (02-09-2015)

  4. #48
    MC²'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    somewhere between here and there
    Posts
    2,792
    Reputation
    174
    Thanks
    314
    My Mood
    Brooding
    Can't really critize someone for following a tutorial, I think it's fine that he's trying to learn a different style or whatever, everyone starts out the same way

  5. #49
    Mokou-Sama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Akihabara
    Posts
    9,818
    Reputation
    442
    Thanks
    664
    My Mood
    Breezy
    Quote Originally Posted by MC² View Post
    Can't really critize someone for following a tutorial, I think it's fine that he's trying to learn a different style or whatever, everyone starts out the same way
    Its not the following the tutorial, its that it seemed exactly the same, but he changed the text. He coulda have warned, so I could know.
    Formerly known as gamer4evere



     
    Participated on:
    MPGH GAMING NIGHT 08/03/2015 - Town of Salem



  6. #50
    Organized Chaos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Gender
    male
    Location
    evrythan puprle man
    Posts
    4,375
    Reputation
    526
    Thanks
    1,221
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokou-Sama View Post
    So I happened to find this...

    http://www.deviantart.com/art/Mysitc...wmen-345047701
    @Organized Chaos @Doc

    Its awfully similar to the sig you posted...
    Yea I followed a tutorial?
    So?
    You're point? lol????
    My current sig is also based of a tutorial
    Got a problem with it?


    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Mokou-Sama View Post

    Its not the following the tutorial, its that it seemed exactly the same, but he changed the text. He coulda have warned, so I could know.
    Actually it's not "exactly the same."
    Look closely,
    This persons final outcome was far better than mine pls open your eyes.

    Last edited by Organized Chaos; 02-09-2015 at 06:27 PM.

  7. #51
    Mokou-Sama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Akihabara
    Posts
    9,818
    Reputation
    442
    Thanks
    664
    My Mood
    Breezy
    Quote Originally Posted by Organized Chaos View Post


    Yea I followed a tutorial?
    So?
    You're point? lol????
    My current sig is also based of a tutorial
    Got a problem with it?


    - - - Updated - - -



    Actually it's not "exactly the same."
    Look closely,
    This persons final outcome was far better than mine pls open your eyes.

    now nos i said they are awfully similar. Ive already concluded its not a ripoff
    Formerly known as gamer4evere



     
    Participated on:
    MPGH GAMING NIGHT 08/03/2015 - Town of Salem



  8. #52
    Organized Chaos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Gender
    male
    Location
    evrythan puprle man
    Posts
    4,375
    Reputation
    526
    Thanks
    1,221
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokou-Sama View Post


    now nos i said they are awfully similar. Ive already concluded its not a ripoff
    Mk,
    Just hate it when people say I steal things!
    I just follow tutorials or make my own pieces based of new tutorial styles

  9. #53
    Mokou-Sama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Akihabara
    Posts
    9,818
    Reputation
    442
    Thanks
    664
    My Mood
    Breezy
    Quote Originally Posted by Organized Chaos View Post


    Mk,
    Just hate it when people say I steal things!
    I just follow tutorials or make my own pieces based of new tutorial styles
    Its just weird to me because when I follow tutorials, they generally end way different (and bad) but I never try to achieve the same result. In fact, I tend to use a diferent render, I do this way in order to understand how effects affect the image, using my "own" renders.
    Formerly known as gamer4evere



     
    Participated on:
    MPGH GAMING NIGHT 08/03/2015 - Town of Salem



  10. #54
    derKrampus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Channel-port Aux Basques, Newfoundland & Labrador
    Posts
    1,342
    Reputation
    181
    Thanks
    230
    I like it @Organized Chaos! Very well done

  11. #55
    Organized Chaos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Gender
    male
    Location
    evrythan puprle man
    Posts
    4,375
    Reputation
    526
    Thanks
    1,221
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokou-Sama View Post

    Its just weird to me because when I follow tutorials, they generally end way different (and bad) but I never try to achieve the same result. In fact, I tend to use a diferent render, I do this way in order to understand how effects affect the image, using my "own" renders.
    Own renders? As you make them or like you find them and use them ?

  12. #56
    Mokou-Sama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Akihabara
    Posts
    9,818
    Reputation
    442
    Thanks
    664
    My Mood
    Breezy
    Quote Originally Posted by Organized Chaos View Post


    Own renders? As you make them or like you find them and use them ?
    "own", not own. because I rip some off google. some I make them myself.
    Formerly known as gamer4evere



     
    Participated on:
    MPGH GAMING NIGHT 08/03/2015 - Town of Salem



  13. #57
    Organized Chaos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Gender
    male
    Location
    evrythan puprle man
    Posts
    4,375
    Reputation
    526
    Thanks
    1,221
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokou-Sama View Post

    "own", not own. because I rip some off google. some I make them myself.
    Gucci lel
    I can't render for shit lol

  14. #58
    Mokou-Sama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Akihabara
    Posts
    9,818
    Reputation
    442
    Thanks
    664
    My Mood
    Breezy
    Quote Originally Posted by Organized Chaos View Post


    Gucci lel
    I can't render for shit lol
    Practice males perfect ahaha
    Formerly known as gamer4evere



     
    Participated on:
    MPGH GAMING NIGHT 08/03/2015 - Town of Salem



Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Similar Threads

  1. my new sig and avatar
    By wannabehacker00 in forum Art & Graphic Design
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-07-2006, 03:11 PM
  2. i think its time for a new sig
    By darkone1149 in forum Help & Requests
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 02-06-2006, 04:52 PM
  3. My new sig + avatar
    By AthlaS in forum Art & Graphic Design
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-06-2006, 04:01 PM
  4. new sig?
    By $GHOST$ in forum Art & Graphic Design
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-05-2006, 07:56 PM
  5. New sig
    By moocow in forum Art & Graphic Design
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-24-2006, 04:50 PM