Hi, here is a quick tutorial on how to run the game from a Russian CD-key version without needing a VPN every time you start the game. It is very simple
1. Close Steam
2. Connect to a Russian VPN (use google to find one)
3. Open steam and hit "add a game" then "activate a product on Steam"
4. Enter your CD key
5. Begin the installation, once it has started and the "preparing installation" window has closed you can disconnect your VPN so your download isn't incredibly slow
6. When the installation has completed, reconnect to your VPN and run the game once
7. Now exit the game, Steam, and disconnect your VPN
8. Place a text file called steam_appid.txt containing the text "209660" (no quotes) in your installation directory. Set the file to read-only (right-click, properties, tick read-only). The installation directory is (probably) C:\Program Files(x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty Advanced Warfare
9. Now open Steam (with no VPN), and hit "add a game" then "add a non-steam game"
10. Browse to the AW program files folder and select s1_mp64_ship.exe
11. You should now be able to launch the game from this short cut without needing a VPN open
Last edited by plasticman55; 11-04-2014 at 08:46 PM.