Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 25 of 25
  1. #16
    Coldfrye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Space Needle
    Posts
    522
    Reputation
    15
    Thanks
    33
    Quote Originally Posted by Doltear View Post
    You could give it a try using Bootcamp install Windows 7 x64..... Or if Linux lover more than Windows I would recommend Penguy OS 12.04 x64 Linux/Windows combined, I use this for my gaming (: much much lighter than Windows 7/8 an plays all win2k (Windows) games an all Mac games this is also compatible wit hall windows an mac apps , runs my bf3/4 smooth as though I have a custom rig that I built for my brother..... $800-1000 your looking at an AMD/ATI gaming PC can get really good deals on the net these days for a cheap price (:

    Never put AMD with NVidia or Intel with ATI... You will bottleneck your PC's performance as the threading is not the same... Intel builds, you will find you wont get so much out from your buck for a decent gaming machine at $800-$1000... If you build an AMD/ATI machine your looking at good gaming performance results with that amount of cash dude.

    I'm not a AMD/ATI fan nore lover I am just saying but yeah most of ALL my custom Intel/NVidia builds have come to $2,900, $3,200 and $4,500 for a Pro Gaming PC.... Though these days I got away with a good $2,600 2013 Pro Gaming PC with all the latest 4th gen. stuffs, GTX 780 etc etc... You never know what you will find (:
    I wanted to use bootcamp but my dad says its not safe for the computer because it partitions the hard drive. Thus allowing virus' into the mac side. Literal quotes from my father.

  2. #17
    Coldfrye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Space Needle
    Posts
    522
    Reputation
    15
    Thanks
    33
    Quote Originally Posted by lockdown6435 View Post
    Great Budget to work with - I would recommend an
    • CPU: i5-3570k (Or a i5-4670, but Haswell isn't better from what I understand)
    • CPU Aftermarket Fan: Since I recommended the unlocked (Represented by the K on the end) I would almost say you HAVE to get a Hyper212+ for OC'ing purposes (I run 4.6ghz on a i5-2500k)
    • PSU: Corsair 650W - Corsair is a very trusted and reliable company, and they make a wide range of very stable products. Can't go wrong with a PSU though, so shop around (I recommend 600w+)
    • Case: I personally don't go for the bells and whistles on mine (LEDs/Glass Sides/Etc.) and just got a nice Mid-ATX Case. Anything will do, but don't shoot for spending over $100 to stay under budget. I use a [Antec]Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, LED LCD TV, Digital Cameras and more! Three Hundred Two[/url] and it's pretty good overall.
    • GPU: Nvidia GTX 770 - Nvidia's second to best GPU right now, and really can't go wrong with it. The model doesn't really matter, but definitely shop around and see what you like best (Model/Features), this one is just a suggestion.
    • Mobo: ASUS Line - In my opinion, ASUS is one of the top of the lines in Motherboards, along with Gigabyte. Both create quality products that will last you a long time. It really doesn't matter what you get, just get what you feel meets your specification (SATA Ports, PCI Slots, etc.). The only thing that is definitely required is the CPU Socket must match the CPU Number (IE: an i5 is a 1155 Socket, and the Motherboard must support that).
    • RAM: Patriot RAM - Patriot RAM is relatively well priced and very reliable. As long as you have at least 8 Gb you are in great shape, anything less and you may notice a bad performance in some tasks. The more the better though! You can really use though, but please don't be a person who purchases it just because it has cool heat dispenser (OMG FLAMES LOL GOTTA BUY IT)
    • Leftover Cash: Purchase an SSD! I recommend a 256Gb, but a 128Gb works just as well. Install your OS on here and everything else on another hard drive. Boot times are so much faster and games load so much quicker. On Battlefield 4 once I swapped it over from my 2TB drive to my SSD my load times where literally cut in half. I can restart my computer and from the time I hit restart to the time I login it takes about 45 seconds (From an off state to the desktop it takes about 30 seconds due to my password). Invest in a 2TB Drive as well, and that should last you a pretty long time if you should ever need to upgrade.


    Sorry for going off topic from BF4 - but I love building computers and just listing parts.



    The issue here is that it's not so much about the performance - it's about the games ability to run. PunkBuster may not work, the game may be facing graphical glitches or detrimental errors that prevent it from running on your platform. A variety of issues could potentially exist. It was also built to work best with Windows.
    What do you think the price would be for all of this?

  3. #18
    lockdown6435's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    DayZ Forum Babysitter
    Posts
    1,369
    Reputation
    98
    Thanks
    5,639
    My Mood
    Tired
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldfrye View Post
    What do you think the price would be for all of this?
    A rough calculation in my head output ~$950 or so, depending on exactly what you wanted in each category.

    You can add items to your cart and then view the total. Always check around though, Amazon is surprisingly a great place to look, as is ncix and tigerdirect.

    Quote Originally Posted by Coldfyre
    I wanted to use bootcamp but my dad says its not safe for the computer because it partitions the hard drive. Thus allowing virus' into the mac side. Literal quotes from my father.
    Sometimes I cry...
    Quote Originally Posted by VindictusMods
    I'll just change my IP, and I have all your IP's guys. So watch it. I may hack or put a virus in ur computer.
    Quote Originally Posted by sd333221
    Injecting in the lobby gets you directly banned. Thats my secret deal with Battleye, I let them have the people who can't read the instructions and they don't ban the others in return.

  4. #19
    Coldfrye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Space Needle
    Posts
    522
    Reputation
    15
    Thanks
    33
    Quote Originally Posted by lockdown6435 View Post
    A rough calculation in my head output ~$950 or so, depending on exactly what you wanted in each category.

    You can add items to your cart and then view the total. Always check around though, Amazon is surprisingly a great place to look, as is ncix and tigerdirect.



    Sometimes I cry...

    Is there anyway I can like save your posts so I can look back at them later? I would like this stuff for reference!

  5. #20
    lockdown6435's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    DayZ Forum Babysitter
    Posts
    1,369
    Reputation
    98
    Thanks
    5,639
    My Mood
    Tired
    You can always come back and view this thread :P
    Quote Originally Posted by VindictusMods
    I'll just change my IP, and I have all your IP's guys. So watch it. I may hack or put a virus in ur computer.
    Quote Originally Posted by sd333221
    Injecting in the lobby gets you directly banned. Thats my secret deal with Battleye, I let them have the people who can't read the instructions and they don't ban the others in return.

  6. #21
    Coldfrye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Space Needle
    Posts
    522
    Reputation
    15
    Thanks
    33
    Quote Originally Posted by lockdown6435 View Post
    You can always come back and view this thread :P
    I am just going to bookmark this thread! Thank you so much!

  7. #22
    Coldfrye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Space Needle
    Posts
    522
    Reputation
    15
    Thanks
    33
    Quote Originally Posted by lockdown6435 View Post
    You can always come back and view this thread :P
    Is this a good custom comp?

    DESCRIPTION
    MILLENNIUM
    Details
    Case: Corsair 500R
    The ORIGIN Difference: Truly Custom PC's. Want a component that is not on our site? Call or email us and we will include it in your system.
    Case Fans: ORIGIN High-Performance Ultra Silent Fans - Black
    Motherboard: ASUS Z87-Deluxe w/Thunderbolt
    System Cooling: ORIGIN FROSTBYTE 120 Sealed Liquid Cooling Systems
    Processors: Overclocked Intel Core i5 4670K Quad-Core (4.0GHz-4.4GHz), 8MB Cache
    Power Supply: 850 Watt Corsair RM850
    Graphic Cards: Single 2GB NVIDIA GTX 760
    Memory: 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz (2x8GB)
    Operating System: Genuine MS Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit Edition
    RAID Configuration: RAID 0: For better speed and performance (2 or more identical drives needed. Not Compatible with Boot Drives over 2TB)
    Hard Drive One: 120GB ORIGIN PC Approved Solid State Drive
    Hard Drive Two: 1TB SATA 6.0Gb/s, 7200RPM, 32MB Cache
    Optical Drive One: 12X Blu-ray Reader and DVD Combo (No DVD/Blu-ray Playback Software Included)
    Optical Drive Two: ASUS 24X CD/DVD Burner (No DVD Playback Software for Windows 8 Included)
    Audio: On Board Audio
    Networking: Linksys Wireless-N USB Network Adapter with Dual-Band
    ORIGIN Maximum Protection Shipping Process: ORIGIN Wooden Crate Armor
    Warranty: 1 Year Part Replacement and 45 Day Free Shipping Warranty with Lifetime Labor/24-7 Support
    ORIGIN Recovery: ORIGIN Recovery USB Flash Drive
    Evolve Part Upgrade Service: No Part Upgrade Service
    Free ORIGIN T-shirt: ORIGIN PC T-Shirt Medium
    Keyboards: Razer BlackWidow Ultimate 2013
    Mouse: Razer Mamba
    Mouse Pad: Corsair Vengeance MM200
    Headsets: Razer Tiamat 7.1
    Extras: FREE Battlefield 4 Retail Copy
    Web Browser: Google Chrome
    Web Browser: Mozilla Firefox


  8. #23
    Brian Moser's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Tel-Aviv
    Posts
    632
    Reputation
    74
    Thanks
    607
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldfrye View Post
    Is this a good custom comp?

    DESCRIPTION
    MILLENNIUM
    Details
    Case: Corsair 500R
    The ORIGIN Difference: Truly Custom PC's. Want a component that is not on our site? Call or email us and we will include it in your system.
    Case Fans: ORIGIN High-Performance Ultra Silent Fans - Black
    Motherboard: ASUS Z87-Deluxe w/Thunderbolt
    System Cooling: ORIGIN FROSTBYTE 120 Sealed Liquid Cooling Systems
    Processors: Overclocked Intel Core i5 4670K Quad-Core (4.0GHz-4.4GHz), 8MB Cache
    Power Supply: 850 Watt Corsair RM850
    Graphic Cards: Single 2GB NVIDIA GTX 760
    Memory: 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz (2x8GB)
    Operating System: Genuine MS Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit Edition
    RAID Configuration: RAID 0: For better speed and performance (2 or more identical drives needed. Not Compatible with Boot Drives over 2TB)
    Hard Drive One: 120GB ORIGIN PC Approved Solid State Drive
    Hard Drive Two: 1TB SATA 6.0Gb/s, 7200RPM, 32MB Cache
    Optical Drive One: 12X Blu-ray Reader and DVD Combo (No DVD/Blu-ray Playback Software Included)
    Optical Drive Two: ASUS 24X CD/DVD Burner (No DVD Playback Software for Windows 8 Included)
    Audio: On Board Audio
    Networking: Linksys Wireless-N USB Network Adapter with Dual-Band
    ORIGIN Maximum Protection Shipping Process: ORIGIN Wooden Crate Armor
    Warranty: 1 Year Part Replacement and 45 Day Free Shipping Warranty with Lifetime Labor/24-7 Support
    ORIGIN Recovery: ORIGIN Recovery USB Flash Drive
    Evolve Part Upgrade Service: No Part Upgrade Service
    Free ORIGIN T-shirt: ORIGIN PC T-Shirt Medium
    Keyboards: Razer BlackWidow Ultimate 2013
    Mouse: Razer Mamba
    Mouse Pad: Corsair Vengeance MM200
    Headsets: Razer Tiamat 7.1
    Extras: FREE Battlefield 4 Retail Copy
    Web Browser: Google Chrome
    Web Browser: Mozilla Firefox
    It's decent but will be outdated soon.
    Worth buying though.

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to Brian Moser For This Useful Post:

    Jaaaaaaaaaa (02-03-2014)

  10. #24
    Coldfrye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Space Needle
    Posts
    522
    Reputation
    15
    Thanks
    33
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian Moser View Post
    It's decent but will be outdated soon.
    Worth buying though.

    Bitfenix Prodigy (White)
    Exterior: Not Painted
    Truly Custom PC's. Want a component that is not on our site? Call or email us and we will include it in your system.
    ORIGIN High-Performance Ultra Silent Fans - Black
    MSI Z87I
    ORIGIN FROSTBYTE 120 Sealed Liquid Cooling Systems
    Overclocked Intel Core i5 4670K Quad-Core (4.0GHz-4.4GHz), 8MB Cache
    650 Watt Corsair RM650
    Single 2GB NVIDIA GTX 760
    FREE ORIGIN Professional Graphics Card Overclocking
    16GB Corsair Vengeance 1866Mhz (2x8GB)
    Genuine MS Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit Edition
    RAID 0: For better speed and performance (2 or more identical drives needed. Not Compatible with Boot Drives over 2TB)
    1TB Western Digital Caviar Black SATA 6.0Gb/s, 7200RPM, 64MB Cache
    120GB ORIGIN PC Approved Solid State Drive
    12X Blu-ray Reader and DVD Combo (No DVD/Blu-ray Playback Software Included)
    Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Surround 5.1 Pro USB Sound Card powered by THX TruStudio Pro
    Linksys Wireless-N USB Network Adapter with Dual-Band
    Avermedia Live Gamer Portable
    ORIGIN Wooden Crate Armor
    1 Year Part Replacement and Free Shipping Warranty with Lifetime Labor/24-7 Support
    ORIGIN Recovery USB Flash Drive
    No Part Upgrade Service
    ORIGIN PC T-Shirt XLarge
    Microsoft Internet Explorer


    ~In comparison which do you think is better?


  11. #25
    Terrified's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Yes.
    Posts
    3,283
    Reputation
    1022
    Thanks
    941
    My Mood
    Doh
    If you want to talk about getting a new Computer you have VM/PN for that.
    I see a solution was given.
    //Case Closed

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. [Help Request] Does anyone hack on a mac using a virtual pc that can help me?
    By imutebks in forum Vindictus Help
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-03-2011, 06:10 PM
  2. Selling Battlefield Beta Key
    By Boss in forum Selling Accounts/Keys/Items
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-14-2011, 11:04 PM
  3. Selling Battlefield Heroes Beta Key
    By IncidentaL in forum Trade Accounts/Keys/Items
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-25-2009, 08:36 PM
  4. Selling Battlefield Heroes BETA and Quake Live BETA accounts
    By noobzor in forum Trade Accounts/Keys/Items
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-23-2009, 05:55 PM
  5. Selling Battlefield heroes beta account and Quake Live
    By noobzor in forum Trade Accounts/Keys/Items
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-12-2008, 10:37 AM