Here is a possible resolution that I just tested on a system that was experiencing it:
1. Go to your Call of Duty: Ghosts directory, by default located at C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Call of Duty Ghosts.
2. Inside the game directory go down to _CommonRedist\DirectX\Jun2010.
3. Order the files by type and select all .cab archive files and copy these files to a temporary directory on your desktop.
4. With software like 7-Zip/WinRar, extract all the files within this directory. Be sure to not extract them in new directories.
5. Remove the .cab archive files and move all the remaining files to C:\Windows\System32. Confirm overwriting files when asked. You can remove the directory from your desktop.