Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 39
  1. #1
    GOD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Gender
    male
    Location
    I am the God
    Posts
    11,084
    Reputation
    15
    Thanks
    1,516
    My Mood
    Amazed

    Religion is the biggest troll in human history

    It's true.

    /discuss
    I am the God.

  2. #2
    dk173's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Gender
    male
    Location
    In your dreams
    Posts
    4,767
    Reputation
    19
    Thanks
    461
    My Mood
    Mellow
    troll no duce bags yes

    so many people in history have died in the name of religion thats why i dont belive

  3. #3
    GOD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Gender
    male
    Location
    I am the God
    Posts
    11,084
    Reputation
    15
    Thanks
    1,516
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Praise allah.
    I am the God.

  4. #4
    Paroxysm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Lynnwood, WA
    Posts
    4,455
    Reputation
    170
    Thanks
    282
    My Mood
    Cheeky
    God, the anti-religious threads are my turf, you better back off.
    "We swallow greedily any lie that flatters us, but we sip only little by little at a truth we find bitter." ~ Denis Diderot

  5. #5
    LastDime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    2
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by dk173 View Post
    troll no duce bags yes

    so many people in history have died in the name of religion thats why i dont belive
    So many people died in the name of freedom and the pursuit of happiness, do you not believe in that either?

  6. #6
    Paroxysm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Lynnwood, WA
    Posts
    4,455
    Reputation
    170
    Thanks
    282
    My Mood
    Cheeky
    Quote Originally Posted by LastDime View Post
    So many people died in the name of freedom and the pursuit of happiness, do you not believe in that either?
    I had the same problem with dk173's post as well, dying for a cause just means you have a firm belief in that cause. Just goes to show you that, like in one of my previous posts, being an atheist doesn't automatically make you a rational person, it would be nice if all us atheists were rational but that's not the universe we live in
    Last edited by Paroxysm; 12-19-2009 at 04:19 PM.
    "We swallow greedily any lie that flatters us, but we sip only little by little at a truth we find bitter." ~ Denis Diderot

  7. #7
    Czar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    12,652
    Reputation
    1136
    Thanks
    4,294,967,295
    Paroxysm mindfucks people with his logical responses.

  8. #8
    iverson954360's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    10,280
    Reputation
    940
    Thanks
    1,656
    My Mood
    Dead
    I totally said this when we trolled everyone about Dave. Get off my dangles bitch.

  9. #9
    Paroxysm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Lynnwood, WA
    Posts
    4,455
    Reputation
    170
    Thanks
    282
    My Mood
    Cheeky
    Quote Originally Posted by iverson954360 View Post
    I totally said this when we trolled everyone about Dave. Get off my dangles bitch.
    Two rational atheists with similar ideas? Get out of here, you must be crazy. Can you imagine a world where two people with similar ideology's agreed on something? Man you need to lay off the crack.

    Glass Pipe Fallacy
    "We swallow greedily any lie that flatters us, but we sip only little by little at a truth we find bitter." ~ Denis Diderot

  10. #10
    moosicgawd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Gender
    male
    Location
    C:\user\Josh\Pictures\Portfolio\
    Posts
    3,462
    Reputation
    37
    Thanks
    126
    My Mood
    Sleepy
    I agree with Paroxysm, threads regarding anti-religion should be left up to him. He adds substance into his posts, not just /discuss.
    The night fades with a breath of sunshine.

  11. #11
    Justin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    7,012
    Reputation
    1207
    Thanks
    2,820
    My Mood
    Inspired
    As being a religious person, I remember a quote in the BIBLE (Yes I Underlined and Made it Bold) that stat's " even those who do not believe shall speak his name" there is much truth behind this statement, also there is another quote in the BIBLE that states "even non believers shall enter the gates of heaven before those who have followed and obeyed God's will" why is this you ask, it is said one more time in the BIBLE " that "Believers and teachers of my word shall be judge harshly when judgment day comes" why have I said all this, first off it is not religious propaganda, I was discussing the many reasons religions are needed for this world!

    Minion Statistics

    Ex-Console Minion: 13/01/2011 ~ 19/04/2011
    Console Re-Minion: 14/06/2012 ~ 27/02/2013
    AVA Minion: 22/06/2012 ~ 12/11/2012
    Battlefield Minion: 04/02/2013 ~ 27/02/2013

    Computer Specifications
    Case: NZXT Phantom 820
    PSU: Corsair HX-850W V2
    Mobo: ASUS Z87-Deluxe
    CPU: Intel Core i7-4770K
    CPU Cooling: Swiftech H220 All-In-One Liquid Cooler (Cooled by 2x Noctua NF-F12 PWM 120mm Fans)
    RAM: Corsair Platinum Dominators CMD16GX3M2A2400C10 (2x8GB DDR3 2400Mhz XMP)
    GFX: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 DirectCU II OC 2GB
    Monitor: LG 29EB93 29" Ultrawide LED IPS Panel (2560x1080)(29:1 Ratio)
    Mouse: Razer Deathadder 2012
    Keyboard: Ducky DK 9008G2 Cherry MX-Brown Mechanical Keyboard


  12. #12
    Paroxysm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Lynnwood, WA
    Posts
    4,455
    Reputation
    170
    Thanks
    282
    My Mood
    Cheeky
    Quote Originally Posted by Xion7200 View Post
    As being a religious person, I remember a quote in the BIBLE (Yes I Underlined and Made it Bold) that stat's " even those who do not believe shall speak his name" there is much truth behind this statement, also there is another quote in the BIBLE that states "even non believers shall enter the gates of heaven before those who have followed and obeyed God's will" why is this you ask, it is said one more time in the BIBLE " that "Believers and teachers of my word shall be judge harshly when judgment day comes" why have I said all this, first off it is not religious propaganda, I was discussing the many reasons religions are needed for this world!
    Why are you putting the bible in bold print and underlining it?

    " "even those who do not believe shall speak his name" there is much truth behind this statement"

    We haven't been talking about Yahweh, Jehovah or whatever else you're calling your god. We're talking about gods in general. How is there any truth behind that statement?

    "I was discussing the many reasons religions are needed for this world!"

    No you weren't, you're just quoting the bible. But feel free to tell us why religions are needed for this world.
    "We swallow greedily any lie that flatters us, but we sip only little by little at a truth we find bitter." ~ Denis Diderot

  13. #13
    Justin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    7,012
    Reputation
    1207
    Thanks
    2,820
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Quote Originally Posted by Paroxysm View Post
    Why are you putting the bible in bold print and underlining it?

    " "even those who do not believe shall speak his name" there is much truth behind this statement"

    We haven't been talking about Yahweh, Jehovah or whatever else you're calling your god. We're talking about gods in general. How is there any truth behind that statement?

    "I was discussing the many reasons religions are needed for this world!"

    No you weren't, you're just quoting the bible. But feel free to tell us why religions are needed for this world.
    Religions are needed in this world because many people have to really on other belief systems, we can not always rely on people around us, also haven't you ever thought that there must be something greater than what you see when you step outside and take a look at the world, this gives many people hope and that is why I think religion is needed for our civilization,

    To answer your question about this statement/quote "even those who do not believe shall speak his name". Have you ever said God or Jesus Christ ever in your life, I'm sure you have heard many people say it when there in stress or frustrated or have just witnessed a shocking event, even when people get excited they sometimes oh my God

    And Finally I know you were talking about all the many different god's in general, but isn't the most well known God, Jesus Christ and his Father God!

    Minion Statistics

    Ex-Console Minion: 13/01/2011 ~ 19/04/2011
    Console Re-Minion: 14/06/2012 ~ 27/02/2013
    AVA Minion: 22/06/2012 ~ 12/11/2012
    Battlefield Minion: 04/02/2013 ~ 27/02/2013

    Computer Specifications
    Case: NZXT Phantom 820
    PSU: Corsair HX-850W V2
    Mobo: ASUS Z87-Deluxe
    CPU: Intel Core i7-4770K
    CPU Cooling: Swiftech H220 All-In-One Liquid Cooler (Cooled by 2x Noctua NF-F12 PWM 120mm Fans)
    RAM: Corsair Platinum Dominators CMD16GX3M2A2400C10 (2x8GB DDR3 2400Mhz XMP)
    GFX: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 DirectCU II OC 2GB
    Monitor: LG 29EB93 29" Ultrawide LED IPS Panel (2560x1080)(29:1 Ratio)
    Mouse: Razer Deathadder 2012
    Keyboard: Ducky DK 9008G2 Cherry MX-Brown Mechanical Keyboard


  14. #14
    Einstein2.0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    In The Vastness Of Reality
    Posts
    41
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    1
    Religion does NOT need to exist in order for people to gain some form of hope in the world. All religion does is force those who accept it to choose sides. It's always been a main conflict in our human history and will continue to do so. Religions do not need to be in place in order to worship a god. If there is 1 god then there should be 1 religion. The very fact that there is so many, similar and/or completely opposite, is the reason that the existence of a god pretty much becomes invalidated.

    In conclusion, religion is just unnecessary and is another way to separate each other.
    Last edited by Einstein2.0; 12-30-2009 at 04:09 AM.
    Caltech -Theoretical physics

  15. #15
    Justin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    7,012
    Reputation
    1207
    Thanks
    2,820
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Quote Originally Posted by Einstein2.0 View Post
    Religion does NOT need to exist in order for people to gain some form of hope in the world. All religion does is force those who accept it to choose sides. It's always been a main conflict in our human history and will continue to do so. Religions do not need to be in place in order to worship a god. If there is 1 god then there should be 1 religion. The very fact that there is so many, similar and/or completely opposite, is the reason that the existence of a god pretty much becomes invalidated.

    In conclusion, religion is just unnecessary and is another way to separate each other.
    If religion is "Invalidated" I guess the theory of Evolution can become "Invalidated" as-well I suppose, what is evolution but a mathematical formula equal to or near an even or full number, besides this why have many governments restricted religion being taught at public schools while evolution is being taught without question, why is this so, is it because there is evidence of evolution occurring, not so much, just a theory, is there evidence of god, some may argue no there is not, but there have been scrolls found from ancient time's that have been translated threw the centuries and decades into what most religions call their bible, others may say things get's lost in translation, this may be true but we were not around in those days so it is difficult to prove both opposing factions, but here we have many people everyday turning to a God, many maybe, but the possibility that all these god's are connected to be just 1 god with many different names who knows, it up to you to decide for yourself!

    Minion Statistics

    Ex-Console Minion: 13/01/2011 ~ 19/04/2011
    Console Re-Minion: 14/06/2012 ~ 27/02/2013
    AVA Minion: 22/06/2012 ~ 12/11/2012
    Battlefield Minion: 04/02/2013 ~ 27/02/2013

    Computer Specifications
    Case: NZXT Phantom 820
    PSU: Corsair HX-850W V2
    Mobo: ASUS Z87-Deluxe
    CPU: Intel Core i7-4770K
    CPU Cooling: Swiftech H220 All-In-One Liquid Cooler (Cooled by 2x Noctua NF-F12 PWM 120mm Fans)
    RAM: Corsair Platinum Dominators CMD16GX3M2A2400C10 (2x8GB DDR3 2400Mhz XMP)
    GFX: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 DirectCU II OC 2GB
    Monitor: LG 29EB93 29" Ultrawide LED IPS Panel (2560x1080)(29:1 Ratio)
    Mouse: Razer Deathadder 2012
    Keyboard: Ducky DK 9008G2 Cherry MX-Brown Mechanical Keyboard


Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. I'm going to sound like the biggest noob
    By slothybee in forum Runescape Hacks / Bots
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-20-2009, 05:21 PM
  2. September 11 the biggest global deception
    By joshice19 in forum Spammers Corner
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-27-2008, 04:41 PM
  3. September 11 the biggest global deception
    By joshice19 in forum Spammers Corner
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-26-2008, 07:22 PM
  4. the biggest list of accounts
    By momomyst in forum Trade Accounts/Keys/Items
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 03-16-2008, 03:02 PM
  5. Prob The Biggest Hack In Mpgh 10 Min Rel
    By ~claw~ in forum WarRock - International Hacks
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 07-15-2007, 01:22 PM