Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 103
  1. #76
    Cohen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    2,345
    Reputation
    347
    Thanks
    728
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Quote Originally Posted by Frought View Post
    So basically, what's your point of view in not believing in a god? What would you describe all the things you see in your life? The stars, galaxies and everything? Are these men who called themselves prophets are liars/crazy and doing that for nothing? There must be something..
    There doesn't have to be anything, you choose to believe it's something because you can't explain it.
    I describe the things I see as life itself. We don't need a meaning, you choose to believe we're the center of the universe and that we're some God's favourite.
    Maybe you should take into account all of the suffering in the world, not only to humans but to animals too. Why would a God create animals just to live in fear only to most likely die a horrible death to their predator. Why would a God with unlimited knowledge and power allow innocent children that couldn't have done anything wrong to get cancer and suffer their whole life?

    If I happen to see God infront of me after I die, in no way will I respect such an evil being. He threw us into this place with so much suffering and left us here to figure it out for ourselves. Why should I go on my knees once a week to thank some maniac who gets off on the suffering of others when he could clearly help us without trying at all.

  2. #77
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity
    Premium Member
    Frought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    In the dark island
    Posts
    3,399
    Reputation
    156
    Thanks
    5,950
    My Mood
    Cool
    Quote Originally Posted by Cohen View Post
    There doesn't have to be anything, you choose to believe it's something because you can't explain it.
    I describe the things I see as life itself. We don't need a meaning, you choose to believe we're the center of the universe and that we're some God's favourite.
    No, I've never said we are in the center of the universe? And I didn't talk that I myself believe in something because I can't explain it (I was talking about the human generally) , I mean there are MANY prophets that were sent in most eras to tell people to worship God (Allah). I mean are they crazy or liars? All of them? Saying the same thing.. I don't think so.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cohen View Post
    Maybe you should take into account all of the suffering in the world, not only to humans but to animals too. Why would a God create animals just to live in fear only to most likely die a horrible death to their predator. Why would a God with unlimited knowledge and power allow innocent children that couldn't have done anything wrong to get cancer and suffer their whole life?
    Do you know that we (humans) made all this suffering and shit? We made the disease, we are assholes. We never like peace. You know you have a brain unlike animals? Do you realize that all humans do the bad / evil things by themselves? God didn't control his brain. You do realize that it isn't the heaven where all the people that deserve it join it? It's basically in Islam like that:
    (Qur'an 2:30-38)And [mention, O Muhammad], when your Lord said to the angels, "Indeed, I will make upon the earth a successive authority." They said, "Will You place upon it one who causes corruption therein and sheds blood, while we declare Your praise and sanctify You?" Allah said, "Indeed, I know that which you do not know.
    And He taught Adam the names - all of them. Then He showed them to the angels and said, "Inform Me of the names of these, if you are truthful."
    They said, "Exalted are You; we have no knowledge except what You have taught us. Indeed, it is You who is the Knowing, the Wise."
    He said, "O Adam, inform them of their names." And when he had informed them of their names, He said, "Did I not tell you that I know the unseen [aspects] of the heavens and the earth? And I know what you reveal and what you have concealed."
    And when We said to the angels, "Prostrate before Adam"; so they prostrated, except for Iblees. He refused and was arrogant and became of the disbelievers.
    And We said, "O Adam, dwell, you and your wife, in Paradise and eat therefrom in [ease and] abundance from wherever you will. But do not approach this tree, lest you be among the wrongdoers."
    But Satan caused them to slip out of it and removed them from that [condition] in which they had been. And We said, "Go down, [all of you], as enemies to one another, and you will have upon the earth a place of settlement and provision for a time."
    Then Adam received from his Lord [some] words, and He accepted his repentance. Indeed, it is He who is the Accepting of repentance, the Merciful.
    We said, "Go down from it, all of you. And when guidance comes to you from Me, whoever follows My guidance - there will be no fear concerning them, nor will they grieve.
    "
    It's just like a test man, whether you success or fail. You can't get the high mark without studying and making effort, right? Same with this.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cohen View Post
    If I happen to see God infront of me after I die, in no way will I respect such an evil being.
    Again, God is not a "being". And you won't see him instantly after you die.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cohen View Post
    He threw us into this place with so much suffering and left us here to figure it out for ourselves.
    Allah sent around 315 prophet to all eras. How could you say "And left us here to figure it out for ourselves.", well buddy All I know is that who wants to know the truth, he has to make some efforts to know the truth instead of writing here. I think you gotta research from EVERYWHERE the thing that say bad things about religion and the things that say good things about religion, and see what is more logical instead of just getting the general idea and saying its stupid. BUT, don't look for one source only.
    If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts.
    Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.
    Try not to become a man of success, but rather try to become a man of value.
    You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else.

    -Albert Einstein



  3. #78
    Cohen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    2,345
    Reputation
    347
    Thanks
    728
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Quote Originally Posted by Frought View Post
    No, I've never said we are in the center of the universe? And I didn't talk that I myself believe in something because I can't explain it (I was talking about the human generally) , I mean there are MANY prophets that were sent in most eras to tell people to worship God (Allah). I mean are they crazy or liars? All of them? Saying the same thing.. I don't think so.


    Do you know that we (humans) made all this suffering and shit? We made the disease, we are assholes. We never like peace. You know you have a brain unlike animals? Do you realize that all humans do the bad / evil things by themselves? God didn't control his brain. You do realize that it isn't the heaven where all the people that deserve it join it? It's basically in Islam like that:

    It's just like a test man, whether you success or fail. You can't get the high mark without studying and making effort, right? Same with this.


    Again, God is not a "being". And you won't see him instantly after you die.


    Allah sent around 315 prophet to all eras. How could you say "And left us here to figure it out for ourselves.", well buddy All I know is that who wants to know the truth, he has to make some efforts to know the truth instead of writing here. I think you gotta research from EVERYWHERE the thing that say bad things about religion and the things that say good things about religion, and see what is more logical instead of just getting the general idea and saying its stupid. BUT, don't look for one source only.
    I've come to the conclusion you're making a joke or are a moron who is just talking out of their ass, I can't and won't take this seriously because it looks like a really bad joke.
    The part where you said humans have brains unlike animals, we are the reason there's suffering in the world, we made disease was the part where I stopped taking you seriously. You're either a complete moron or someone who is making a really horrible joke.

  4. #79
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity
    Premium Member
    Frought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    In the dark island
    Posts
    3,399
    Reputation
    156
    Thanks
    5,950
    My Mood
    Cool
    Quote Originally Posted by Cohen View Post

    I've come to the conclusion you're making a joke or are a moron who is just talking out of their ass, I can't and won't take this seriously because it looks like a really bad joke.
    The part where you said humans have brains unlike animals, we are the reason there's suffering in the world, we made disease was the part where I stopped taking you seriously. You're either a complete moron or someone who is making a really horrible joke.
    What am I wrong at? Who makes wars?
    If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts.
    Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.
    Try not to become a man of success, but rather try to become a man of value.
    You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else.

    -Albert Einstein



  5. #80
    Cohen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    2,345
    Reputation
    347
    Thanks
    728
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Quote Originally Posted by Frought View Post
    What am I wrong at? Who makes wars?
    I'm just going to assume you're a moron and stop responding to you.

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to Cohen For This Useful Post:

    flex1178 (03-05-2016)

  7. #81
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity
    Premium Member
    Frought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    In the dark island
    Posts
    3,399
    Reputation
    156
    Thanks
    5,950
    My Mood
    Cool
    Quote Originally Posted by Cohen View Post

    I'm just going to assume you're a moron and stop responding to you.
    Feel free to.
    If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts.
    Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.
    Try not to become a man of success, but rather try to become a man of value.
    You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else.

    -Albert Einstein



  8. #82
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity
    Premium Member
    Frought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    In the dark island
    Posts
    3,399
    Reputation
    156
    Thanks
    5,950
    My Mood
    Cool
    Quote Originally Posted by Takatsuki View Post
    Well, firstly, animals do have brains. What you're referring to is animals don't have the "human thought process", which is more than obvious. Secondly, wars are started for various reasons. They(governments) don't declare war(pro-tip: The U.S hasn't declared war since WWII) just because it's fun.
    Oh my god. I already know they do have a brain, but it's not like the human brain. Ok it's not only about governments, even normal people kill and fight with each other, I mean God doesn't create the wars itself. We humans start it. That's all I wanted to say..
    If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts.
    Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.
    Try not to become a man of success, but rather try to become a man of value.
    You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else.

    -Albert Einstein



  9. #83
    flex1178's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    SouthSide
    Posts
    1,352
    Reputation
    80
    Thanks
    480
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Omnipresent , omniscient , omnipotent yet can't provide a shed of evidence of their existence.

    "We must question the logic of having an all-knowing and all powerful God, who creates faulty humans & then blames them for his own mistakes."

    Come on now, even a fictional show recognizes the idiocy in putting your faith behind such a being. (Real or not)
    NightOwl 4 life


  10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to flex1178 For This Useful Post:

    Cohen (03-05-2016),[MPGH]Takatsuki (03-05-2016)

  11. #84
    BraXi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    461
    Reputation
    46
    Thanks
    38
    My Mood
    Flirty
    I believe the story of a god in any sense across all religions is a poetic fallacy, i would have considered it a relatively sane argument and belief prior to the advancements in science and further studies into the theory of evolution. By this point, religion is antiquated. If there was a 'God', no single piece of evidence exists to show omniscient intervention etc, which would in most people eyes, be proof enough that he is not good.

  12. #85
    OncePhoenix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    697
    Reputation
    103
    Thanks
    255
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Quote Originally Posted by Takatsuki View Post
    Core accretion. That has scientific evidence to support it rather than some book.
    As it stands we really don't have evidence to support or prove anything regarding religion.
    All we know is that humans evolve, and so do species. which it doesn't mention in any religious book so
    Last edited by OncePhoenix; 03-05-2016 at 11:46 PM.

  13. #86
    Copperhorse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Under your bed
    Posts
    1,959
    Reputation
    651
    Thanks
    2,345
    My Mood
    Angelic
    There has to be a god in order for him to be good, so the answer is no. There is no evidence to prove there is a god, and there is no evidence to prove that there isn't.


  14. #87
    Sylar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Gaar's Palace
    Posts
    733
    Reputation
    89
    Thanks
    104
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    It's funny how atheists can write books upon books just to make emphasis on their point that a God does not exist. I do not believe in God however, atheists writing books about denying the existence of a God is like me writing books in order to prove to the world that Santa is not real. Truly pathetic.


    Donator/Premium since May 2015
    Member of MPGH since March 2015

    100 Posts [Done]
    300 Posts [Done]
    600 Posts [Done]
    1K. Posts [x]

  15. #88
    Copperhorse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Under your bed
    Posts
    1,959
    Reputation
    651
    Thanks
    2,345
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Quote Originally Posted by Takatsuki View Post
    What about the family that prays for their child to get better when they've committed no sins and the child still dies? "Because He wanted him"? Maybe I'm ignorant on how that works.
    Well if there were to be a god, then he wouldn't be good. That doesn't prove that there isn't a god though.


  16. #89
    Copperhorse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Under your bed
    Posts
    1,959
    Reputation
    651
    Thanks
    2,345
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Quote Originally Posted by Takatsuki View Post
    These people are just self-centered on proving themselves right rather than looking at the bigger picture. (TL: They're fucking morons who have nothing better to do.)


    Then why are people constantly praising this almighty being, so that He can heal their child? Who prays to an evil god? They probably still go to church on Sunday's as well.
    Religion is just a way to instill fear to the masses so that they're easy to control. It's a 1st century tactic that still works in the 21st century somehow.
    Last edited by Copperhorse; 03-06-2016 at 03:31 PM.


  17. #90
    BraXi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    461
    Reputation
    46
    Thanks
    38
    My Mood
    Flirty
    Quote Originally Posted by Copperhorse View Post
    Religion is just a way to instill fear to the masses so that they're easy to control. It's a 1st century tactic that still works in the 21st century somehow.
    Still applicable with our masses.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Do you believe in god or no?
    By Shadow in forum Religion
    Replies: 155
    Last Post: 3 Weeks Ago, 06:18 AM
  2. Do you believe in God/a higher being?
    By Casavir in forum Religion
    Replies: 69
    Last Post: 07-28-2016, 07:43 AM
  3. Do you believe in God or angels?
    By Jack in forum General
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 12-30-2011, 06:55 PM
  4. Do you believe in god(s)?
    By BackInAction in forum Religion
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 06-22-2011, 02:09 AM
  5. Would you believe in god IF...
    By Canadian in forum General
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 07-30-2010, 06:28 PM