Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 103
  1. #1
    Roca chan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Gender
    female
    Posts
    15
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    13
    My Mood
    Angelic

    Do you believe that God is good?

    I'd like to hear some of your opinions about this.

  2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Roca chan For This Useful Post:

    Kim Hyung (12-28-2015),Light (04-11-2016),SavageryisthebestPolicy (12-28-2015)

  3. #2
    Crustavitza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    274
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    13
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Its not the question if God is good, of course he is [I think anyway] It's the question does he exist? Personally I believe in God, it always dwindles in my mind if he doesn't exist but so far I'm sticking to the fact that the guy exists up there somewhere.

  4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Crustavitza For This Useful Post:

    Roca chan (12-28-2015),thegreatestminer (02-24-2016)

  5. #3
    Voucher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    360
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    22
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    no. god is not. period.





  6. #4
    Roca chan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Gender
    female
    Posts
    15
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    13
    My Mood
    Angelic
    I see your point, Crustavitza.

  7. #5
    H!nt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Currently in bed with you.
    Posts
    704
    Reputation
    22
    Thanks
    43
    My Mood
    Chatty
    If he was "good" then how come are we so stupid and so aggressive towards one and another but not loving? Yes we sometimes love each other but consider that when WW1/WW2 happened, I think hes a bad dude, giving the circumstances of what has happened over 10-20 years.
    All opinions are my own.






  8. #6
    Nygfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    73
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    11

  9. #7
    H!nt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Currently in bed with you.
    Posts
    704
    Reputation
    22
    Thanks
    43
    My Mood
    Chatty
    Quote Originally Posted by Nygfan View Post
    Muslims know nothing about Athiest God (if one exists for Athiests), Christians God, Jews God or any other God in that matter only their own God. So that video is useless but also useful at the same time.
    All opinions are my own.






  10. #8
    Nygfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    73
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    11
    I understand what your saying. But Christians, Jews, and muslims share lots of things in common when it comes to faith. So that video would somewhat be useful for Christians and Jews and anyone who believe in one God or the possibility of one God. I think many Christians, Jews, and monotheist would agree with most or all of the content of that video.

  11. #9
    Empire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    .Alwayz.
    Posts
    19,901
    Reputation
    659
    Thanks
    1,345
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by Nygfan View Post


    Retard.


  12. #10
    Deflo-chan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    11
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    0
    It's not about whether or God, or any religion be it structured or not is good, it's the fact that it's a necessity in so many lives today. It's something that many people out there rely on, and many people live their lives by religion. In times of need, or despair there are so many people that rely on their god (whoever their god may be) to help them through the tough time that they are going through. If that's what helps them, then so be it although it could just as well be hurting them by the same token.

    You also have people who rely on religion to justify their actions, and use religious texts to justify certain actions. Although the people that use religion to justify inappropriate are few in numbers compared to the majority of people who use religion to just help them through life, there is no denying the radicals and extremists who hang on every word of their own version of the Bible.

  13. #11
    Cohen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    2,350
    Reputation
    347
    Thanks
    731
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Quote Originally Posted by H!nt View Post


    Muslims know nothing about Athiest God (if one exists for Athiests), Christians God, Jews God or any other God in that matter only their own God. So that video is useless but also useful at the same time.
    Atheists do not believe in a god, that's the whole point of Atheism as a whole.

    OT: I do not believe in a god, something that doesn't exist cannot be classified as good or bad.

  14. #12
    Empire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    .Alwayz.
    Posts
    19,901
    Reputation
    659
    Thanks
    1,345
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by Deflo-chan View Post
    It's not about whether or God, or any religion be it structured or not is good, it's the fact that it's a necessity in so many lives today. It's something that many people out there rely on, and many people live their lives by religion. In times of need, or despair there are so many people that rely on their god (whoever their god may be) to help them through the tough time that they are going through. If that's what helps them, then so be it although it could just as well be hurting them by the same token.

    You also have people who rely on religion to justify their actions, and use religious texts to justify certain actions. Although the people that use religion to justify inappropriate are few in numbers compared to the majority of people who use religion to just help them through life, there is no denying the radicals and extremists who hang on every word of their own version of the Bible.
    Using something as a "crutch" your whole life will only result in more pain in the end.

    There is a reason you don't see people using crutches for years at a time.


  15. #13
    Batcomencer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Hell :)
    Posts
    7
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    0
    My Mood
    Cool
    Yes i am. Surely.

  16. #14
    Cohen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    2,350
    Reputation
    347
    Thanks
    731
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Quote Originally Posted by Batcomencer View Post
    Yes i am. Surely.
    I'd like to know your reasoning (make sure to think about what you say). Before you answer, I suggest watching some of DarkMatter2525's videos on his Youtube channel.

  17. #15
    Dab1996426's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Gender
    female
    Posts
    1,638
    Reputation
    330
    Thanks
    1,851
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post

    I'd like to know your reasoning (make sure to think about what you say). Before you answer, I suggest watching some of DarkMatter2525's videos on his Youtube channel.
    Before I do that though, I want to make sure you understand that what we define as good and bad are merely conclusions to our perspection. I believe god, in every sense would have am much broader objective outlook on all existence in any form whether deemed by us good or bad.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Do you believe in god or no?
    By Shadow in forum Religion
    Replies: 155
    Last Post: 4 Weeks Ago, 06:18 AM
  2. Do you believe in God/a higher being?
    By Casavir in forum Religion
    Replies: 69
    Last Post: 07-28-2016, 07:43 AM
  3. Do you believe in God or angels?
    By Jack in forum General
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 12-30-2011, 06:55 PM
  4. Do you believe in god(s)?
    By BackInAction in forum Religion
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 06-22-2011, 02:09 AM
  5. Would you believe in god IF...
    By Canadian in forum General
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 07-30-2010, 06:28 PM